How many blinks per second should blinkers be blinking?

Shurup

UK MOT requirement is 60-120 flashes per minute

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_140.htm

Good to know there are standards, so 1-2 bpm seems to be the norm.

Wonder what it is in Thailand or if it differs from a country to country.

What about my blinking brakes? Is that legal?

Almost certainly (would be in the UK). I find them incredibly distracting, in poor visibility is he turning or stopping (particularly when the BDI has a non-standard rear light)?

What is wrong with yellow flashers going at 1-2Hz, red tail lights on constantly at about 2 Watts, red stop lights on bright at 21W when braking?

These are globally recognised vehicle illumination (EDIT OK maybe not in the US), anything non-standard causes confusion and potential delay in reacting to the situation. My 2 tons of pickup up the rear of your 100kg motorcycle because I didn't understand your intention to turn right across my path (at least with a yellow flasher I might be on the brakes when I flatten you).

If we were living anywhere else in the world except Thailand, I would agree with you.

But here in the LOS, we know what the drivers are like. Anything that would wake them up out of their reverie is better than nothing. We have seen how motorcyclists and even motorists ride/drive by riding their brakes causing the stop light to be continuously on (as opposed to merely "covering" them which does not make the stop light come on unless you are riding at 200 mph in which case you should have slots in your brake lever so that the wind does not force the lever back making the brake light come on but then again, if you are riding at 200 mph, you don't need to worry much about anyone up your posterior).

Naturally, I would not be worried about your 2 ton pickup up the rear of my bike as you are a western trained driver and would have been able to realise in a split second that I'm slowing down, whether it be to turn or to stop and you would be keeping your 2 second distance by hovering your feet over your brakes in any case.

What I used to do to get rid of tailgaters (when driving a car) is to depress the brake pedal ever so slightly with my left foot while still having my right foot on the accelerator. Wouldn't risk doing this on a bike. Instead, I will ride ever so slightly faster than them because riding at the same speed as the rest of the traffic is, IN MY OPINION, dangerous. Having said that though, some experts state that it's safer to be amongst other cars, SUV's, pickups, trucks and buses so I'm confused.

• Like 1

OP: 1-2Hz. Rate can be slowed with a resistor in series, increased with more load in parallel.

Post 25: An Italian what? clap2.gif

Bend her over?

And 'winker' [unilateral] is more accurate terminology than 'blinker' [bilateral], right?

• Like 1

OP: 1-2Hz. Rate can be slowed with a resistor in series, increased with more load in parallel.

Post 25: An Italian what? clap2.gif

Bend her over?

And 'winker' [unilateral] is more accurate terminology than 'blinker' [bilateral], right?

Both my front and rear lights blink...