Is 3BB blocking/throttling torrent traffic?

foxontherun

No, they don't block/throttling. Definitive not.

Yes they do.

Next.

Come on, it's ridiculous to make such a comment without backing it up.

FYI, I have 3BB and my neighbour has True - minimal packages. We both have quite new computers that aren't clogged up with junk. He downloads 10x faster than I do.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, they don't block/throttling. Definitive not.

Yes they do.

Next.

Come on, it's ridiculous to make such a comment without backing it up.

FYI, I have 3BB and my neighbour has True - minimal packages. We both have quite new computers that aren't clogged up with junk. He downloads 10x faster than I do.

biggrin.png

I was only following the lead set by alocacoc. smile.png "Definitive yes."

Have a look at my old post here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/706211-3bb-gb-download-limit/?p=7475472

The relevant picture is this one:

post-35489-0-78579200-1443347040_thumb.j

After I download a lot - and I'm not sure just how much that is, but it may be 10 GB or 20 GB in a day - I get throttled right up to midnight, when, of course, the new day begins and my download speed becomes un-throttled.

It may be the case that some people, maybe most people, never hit the download gigabyte limit so never experience throttling.

The problem with your download speed vs your neighbour's could be caused by many things. More details required! wink.png

Fully agree with the post above... I also challenge you to find a consumer ISP anywhere in the world that doesn't throttle. The only ones that exist sell leased lines at (most say) crazy prices.

My old 10k per month 1mbps line wasn't throttled. I fully expect my 600b 16mbps line to be. The fine line is who is throttled.

Back in the UK I read clear guidelines explaining the process, here more undercover (for us aliens). But can confirm I have been on the receiving end of 3bb daily peak throttling (I deserved it). But currently play nice and speeds are good.

Throttling is good, it means the 5% don't ruin things for the 95%. And if you torrent, just run it overnight or limit the speeds to stay sane.

Consumer internet is priced to provide the maximum speeds in shared contention bursts. 1 hour streaming fine. 24/7 full usage either pay 50x for leased line or expect throttling.