Android Problem

seedy

Bought a new S5 in May, put my flight details in the Planner, using Pacific time.

Came to Thailand, changed to BKK time, - a 14 hour difference at that time.

All my planner events got moved forward 14 hours. Found this out today.

So my flight leaves BKK 3 May 2015 at 1625, the fone changed it to 4 May 2015 0625

Any way to stop this from happening ?

As an aside, this is just one of a long list of reasons I will not buy another Samsung.

Thanks

Where is the issue? You entered the flight details in Pacific Time, the phone converted them to local time when you changed the locale.

Of course, if you entered the flight details in Bangkok Time when the phone was using Pacific Time but didn't tell the phone the event wasn't Pacific Time......

My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Calendar has the facility to set a timezone for each calendar event smile.png

• Like 1

Bought a new S5 in May, put my flight details in the Planner, using Pacific time.

Came to Thailand, changed to BKK time, - a 14 hour difference at that time.

All my planner events got moved forward 14 hours. Found this out today.

So my flight leaves BKK 3 May 2015 at 1625, the fone changed it to 4 May 2015 0625

The phone hasn't moved *any* events. It is simply converting them to local time for Thailand after you entered them as PST.

If you wanted to enter them for Thai time, you should have been on the Thai timezone.

The phone isn't being dimwitted - you are.

Please change the topic to "I don't know how to use Smartphones", because you'll have this problem on any calendar that adjusts if you don't know how to use it properly.

Edited by Chicog

Checking it out - still can not lock the Planner the way I want.

Would like to input in Pacific time, lock those times, input BKK time, lock those times.

Not working so far.

Oh well

operator error and then blaming the tools

Worldwide, all those companies making Android phones sell a lot more units than Apple sells of the iPhone, says IDC. In the fourth quarter of 2012, Android had more than 70 percent share, vs. 21 percent for the iPhone.

forget iOS its for the has beenspost-19376-0-26440200-1425178325_thumb.j

Edited by steve187

Of course, if you entered the flight details in Bangkok Time when the phone was using Pacific Time but didn't tell the phone the event wasn't Pacific Time......

My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Calendar has the facility to set a timezone for each calendar event smile.png

Just may have to do this. I entered an event, locked to Pacific time, went and checked, planner now has event in BKK time.

Will have to check when I return to N. America if it changes back I guess.

PITA

Use the calendar in Outlook. I have entered appointments for both Japan and Thailand and their scheduled date and time does not change when I adjust my compter for new time zones

The solution is not the switch to another os which is not any better, only different.

Besides if it's Android then Samsung is the best choice.

Only if you like to spend too much money, the Moto G is a stonking phone for a third of the price.