Information Assistance

I am writing to hopefully get some knowledge from you about my visa situation. I currently have a Thai company. I am also in possession of a year long business visa. I brought my friend with me from the states who is on a 90 day business visa. His work permit is taking longer than expected and we are supposed to be doing a visa run on the 6th of the month (were supposed to) but his 90 day will be expired at that time. Is there any way to file an extension of his visa to give us time for his work permit to clear? If this is not an option, would it be an option for me to fly him to a different country and then back again for him to get the 30 day tourist visa and then upgrade him when i get his work permit? Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

The only extension possible without the work permit is 7 days.

If you could get a work permit approval letter from the labor ministry he could get another non-b visa from a nearby embassy or consulate.

If not the only choice will be for him the leave and re-enter the country to get a 30 day visa exempt entry.