Visa run clarification

I'm going to make a one day visa run to Cambodia. I'm aware you will be granted only 2 weeks according the new rules. But later the rules has undergone a correction Seven countries Italy included will be granted 30 days, like as before.

But some agents in Pattaya said me that they will give me only 14 days, no guarantee about the 30 days, despite I'm holding an italian passport.

Honestly I don't understand, I need just a month of stay then I'll go back to my home country.

Could anyone give me any clarification about this issue, or provide his experience about that?

Thank you

G7 countries gets 30 days at both land and air borders. (Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Japan, and the United States.)

You know that you can extend your stay with 30 days at immigrations now, even when entering on a 30 day visa exempt stamp.

• Like 1

sad, but true that Pattaya Visa Run companies do not know the rules.

The companies in Bangkok are more competent.

I rather believe they are well aware about the new rules, but probably the one day visa run is no longer their core business. Then they're trying to address you to other more profitable solutions

Hi Roadrunner32,

I am new in this forum and was searching for similar information before my Thailand trip with one week interruption for travelling to Cambodia.

I have found on the Homepage of Royal Thai Consulate General of Frankfurt Main (Germany, ... I am German) the FAQ (frequently asked questions) link http://www.thaigeneralkonsulat.de/faq/visa_en.pdf .

Roadrunner32, in my interpretation you as Italian passport holder can enter the Kingdom Thailand under the tourist visa exemption scheme and may re-enter and stay in Thailand for a cumulative duration of stay of not exceeding 90 days within any 6-month period from the date of first entry. Please read first question&answer in pdf document.

Have a nice holiday

Greedtings from Germany (soon in Thailand&Cambodia)

badenkrempel

Hi Roadrunner32,

I am new in this forum and was searching for similar information before my Thailand trip with one week interruption for travelling to Cambodia.

I have found on the Homepage of Royal Thai Consulate General of Frankfurt Main (Germany, ... I am German) the FAQ (frequently asked questions) link http://www.thaigeneralkonsulat.de/faq/visa_en.pdf .

Roadrunner32, in my interpretation you as Italian passport holder can enter the Kingdom Thailand under the tourist visa exemption scheme and may re-enter and stay in Thailand for a cumulative duration of stay of not exceeding 90 days within any 6-month period from the date of first entry. Please read first question&answer in pdf document.

Have a nice holiday

Greedtings from Germany (soon in Thailand&Cambodia)

badenkrempel

The 90 days in 6 months rule went away over 6 years ago when they started the 15 days at a border crossing rule.

If you are from a G7 country you now get 30 days at a border crossing since November 2013.

Not correct, that limitation has been repealed in 2006, see link below

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/temporarystay/policy778-2551_en.pdf

Is it possible that both of us are right?

In my interpretation of my shared link http://www.thaigener...faq/visa_en.pdf you are permitted for staying a period of not exceeding 30 days for each enter to Thailand. But you are not allowed to re-enter how often you like.

So the second rule will apply that the duration of in summary not more then 90 days within 6 month period from the date of first entry will not be exceeded.

I am right?

BR

badenkrempel

Is it possible that both of us are right?

In my interpretation of my shared link http://www.thaigener...faq/visa_en.pdf you are permitted for staying a period of not exceeding 30 days for each enter to Thailand. But you are not allowed to re-enter how often you like.

So the second rule will apply that the duration of in summary not more then 90 days within 6 month period from the date of first entry will not be exceeded.

I am right?

No, you are not right. As explainable above, the old rule that was saying that has been repealed. Refer to link posted above.

Sorry, but I don´t get it. Copy from link posted above: The permitted period of tempory stay of each entry shall not exceed 30 days from the date of entry ....

It´s not written from the date of first entry. So does it means that I can enter again and again? I don´t think so.

Sorry, but I don´t get it. Copy from link posted above: The permitted period of tempory stay of each entry shall not exceed 30 days from the date of entry ....

It´s not written from the date of first entry. So does it means that I can enter again and again? I don´t think so.

The link you posted is obsolete. With a posting count of 3 you come to teach in forum that has been running 15 years?

You have have been told by a moderator already: here ubonjoe's answer again:

The 90 days in 6 months rule went away over 6 years ago when they started the 15 days at a border crossing rule.

Please do not insist in writing incorrect information.

At the bottom of this document you will find the following. http://www.mfa.go.th/main/contents/files/services-20150120-100712-551809.pdf

"If such nationals enter the Kingdom at the immigration checkpoints which border neighboring countries, they will be allowed to stay for 15 days each time, except (1) Malaysian nationals who cross the borderline from Malaysia, (2) Nationals of the G7 countries: USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy and Japan, whose granted period of stay will not exceed 30 days each time.In addition, such nationals who hold diplomatic and official passports are also practically exempted from visa for tourism."

Hi unbojoe;

thank you for this copy&paste information! Fine !

This is really more friendly than the comment of paz let me feeling like an idiot.

This means the primarily requester Roadrunner32 can re-enter with his G7 country passport so often he likes the Thailand Kingdom and will get his 30 days permission to stay, right?

So this was my last comment now. I will leave this forum finally because not really feeling wellcome.

Thank you and best regards

badenkrempel (Germany)

... and paz,

please see regulation dated with Berlin, 04.09.2014 (only German version): http://thaiembassy.de/site/images/download/forms/Visabestimmungen%2004092014.pdf

Visumspflicht
Deutsche Staatsangehörige, deren Zweck der Reise rein touristischer Natur ist, dürfen sich bei einer Aufenthaltsdauer von bis zu 30 Tagen pro Einreise ohne Visum in Thailand aufhalten. Bitte beachten Sie, dass ein Gesamtaufenthalt von 90 Tagen innerhalb von 6 Monaten (ab dem ersten Einreisetag) nicht überschritten werden darf. Ist ein längerer Aufenthalt geplant, so muss vorab ein Visum beantragt werden.

And regulation found at consulate of Austria updated July 2011: http://www.thaiembassy.at/images/stories/embassy/pdf/2011%20Tourist%20Visa%20Exemption.pdf

Foreigners who enter the Kingdom under the Tourist Visa Exemption category may re-enter and stay in Thailand for a cumulative duration of stay of not exceeding 90 days within any 6-month period from the date of first entry, except those who reenter the Kingdom through the Immigration check points along the border of Thailand and its neighbouring countries (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Malaysia) will be permitted to stay in the Kingdom for not exceeding 15 days.

And yes paz, I want to teach you and the forum by using official documentation of the consulates of my country as well from other G7 countries. And those are not in contradiction to link posted above. It´s only a supplementation.

Think about and have a nice day

badenkrempel

Calling that info a regulation is wrong, Embassies don't make regulations.

All that info from the embassies is not correct and is just outdated. You will find that same wrong info on many embassy websites. They have not updated the info for years.

• Like 1

My last trip through Don Muang this month I was advised next time to get a visa. When asked why the officer replied that only six exempt entries were allowed during a one year period.

It wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't another "made up" rule that's not written anywhere. I'm a G7 passport holder btw.

My last trip through Don Muang this month I was advised next time to get a visa. When asked why the officer replied that only six exempt entries were allowed during a one year period.

It wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't another "made up" rule that's not written anywhere. I'm a G7 passport holder btw.

That is misuse of an alert for the immigration officer to check that you are not doing out/in visa runs. Their is no such rule. Some are saying 90 days total on exempt entries for infinity which is another non existent rule.

• Like 1

G7 countries gets 30 days at both land and air borders. (Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, Japan, and the United States.)

You know that you can extend your stay with 30 days at immigrations now, even when entering on a 30 day visa exempt stamp.

well

In real life:

I entered Thailand with a 30 day VISA and went to Chonburi imigration to extend it 30 days.

Nope. Still just 15 days. (unless you pay extra).

1900 for 15 days. 3000 for 30 days.

(just like when I extended my last visa. Official cost 1900. But 5000 was the sum they demanded + they stamped that I "had to leave country" even if I today have an EDU visa/1year. 35K wasted that only gave me 6 months)

This is Thailand.

sad, but true that Pattaya Visa Run companies do not know the rules.

The companies in Bangkok are more competent.

yes. back in late 2013 I had to go to bankgok to make my "30 day visa land run" because none of the Pattaya agencies seemed to know of those changes. if in BKK use Bangkok buddy travel service run by Tanya. Top notch run to Poi Pet

That is misuse of an alert for the immigration officer to check that you are not doing out/in visa runs. Their is no such rule. Some are saying 90 days total on exempt entries for infinity which is another non existent rule.

I agree completely about the misuse of an alert. I went to Cambodia for a 5 day holiday and came back to Thailand. This was the closest I've ever come to doing an out/in visa run.

I am an offshore worker( 28 days on and 14 days off) I have been travelling to Thailand on my time off for the last 7-8 years. Upon arrival last trip (16th Feb) I was told by the immigration officer that I would not be allowed entry in to Thailand again as I have been too many times."you must have visa" was the reply I kept getting-I then showed my work permit etc for the country I work in, in case that might help-no good. The lady then proceeded the type on the computer for some time leading me to think I will definitely have dramas next time. I am Australian. I can get a tourist visa for next trip,but, surely after a couple of those back to back I will have similar dramas.

I am not married and under 50- any advice?

Hi unbojoe;

thank you for this copy&paste information! Fine !

This is really more friendly than the comment of paz let me feeling like an idiot.

This means the primarily requester Roadrunner32 can re-enter with his G7 country passport so often he likes the Thailand Kingdom and will get his 30 days permission to stay, right?

So this was my last comment now. I will leave this forum finally because not really feeling wellcome.

Thank you and best regards

badenkrempel (Germany)

<non-English removed>

If you want stay more and longer times in Thailand,

you have to read and use TV !

Even if you dont like all comments,

it is an open free forum,

so different minds are allowed to be posted !!

Franz

I am an offshore worker( 28 days on and 14 days off) I have been travelling to Thailand on my time off for the last 7-8 years. Upon arrival last trip (16th Feb) I was told by the immigration officer that I would not be allowed entry in to Thailand again as I have been too many times."you must have visa" was the reply I kept getting-I then showed my work permit etc for the country I work in, in case that might help-no good. The lady then proceeded the type on the computer for some time leading me to think I will definitely have dramas next time. I am Australian. I can get a tourist visa for next trip,but, surely after a couple of those back to back I will have similar dramas.

They cannot deny you entry solely on the number of your previous entries because there is no such rule. Your trips in an out of the country are well within the guidelines for visa exempt entries.

They can only deny you entry under section 12 for the immigration act. The most common clauses they use is for not having financial proof and/or suspicion of working here. Having the equivalent of 20k baht in cash and proof of income from outside the country will prevent that from happening.

They cannot deny you entry solely on the number of your previous entries because there is no such rule. Your trips in an out of the country are well within the guidelines for visa exempt entries.

They can only deny you entry under section 12 for the immigration act. The most common clauses they use is for not having financial proof and/or suspicion of working here. Having the equivalent of 20k baht in cash and proof of income from outside the country will prevent that from happening.

On the Homepage of Royal Thai Consulate General of Frankfurt Main I find following information:

As of August 12, 2014 for foreigners with a visa run - character an re-enter into Thailand will not be granted anymore .

Link to german document: http://www.thaigeneralkonsulat.de/news/2014/visa/visa.pdf

Maybe this is under section 12 (item 10) referring to section 16