Visa run clarification

well

In real life:

I entered Thailand with a 30 day VISA and went to Chonburi imigration to extend it 30 days.

Nope. Still just 15 days. (unless you pay extra).

1900 for 15 days. 3000 for 30 days.

(just like when I extended my last visa. Official cost 1900. But 5000 was the sum they demanded + they stamped that I "had to leave country" even if I today have an EDU visa/1year. 35K wasted that only gave me 6 months)

This is Thailand.

That is your experience only. I was personally present at the Chonburi office about two weeks ago and watched many 30-days extensions granted for the correct fee of Bt 1,900. Also I think it was your school that demanded bt 5,000, not an immigration officer.

yes. back in late 2013 I had to go to bankgok to make my "30 day visa land run" because none of the Pattaya agencies seemed to know of those changes. if in BKK use Bangkok buddy travel service run by Tanya. Top notch run to Poi Pet

Whatever "visa agents" say may not be relevant. In fact one doesn't need them except for transportation, but can also travel by oneself. Passport is stamped by immigration officer and one talks to them directly.

One uses this forum to learn the rules and read updates reports of what the different posts are doing, virtually real time..

yes. back in late 2013 I had to go to bankgok to make my "30 day visa land run" because none of the Pattaya agencies seemed to know of those changes. if in BKK use Bangkok buddy travel service run by Tanya. Top notch run to Poi Pet

Whatever "visa agents" say may not be relevant. In fact one doesn't need them except for transportation, but can also travel by oneself. Passport is stamped by immigration officer and one talks to them directly.

One uses this forum to learn the rules and read updates reports of what the different posts are doing, virtually real time..

Of course. But in two of the cases the "agent' called their people and they didn't seem to know of the changes either and it was quite possible the little border crossings closer to Pattaya were not aware of the changes either. I know at the time that several crossings had not been up to speed yet. I prefer to have more assurance before hitting the road and spending time and money. I indeed would have only gotten 15 days at that time had I used the pattaya routes.

Of course. But in two of the cases the "agent' called their people and they didn't seem to know of the changes either and it was quite possible the little border crossings closer to Pattaya were not aware of the changes either. I know at the time that several crossings had not been up to speed yet. I prefer to have more assurance before hitting the road and spending time and money. I indeed would have only gotten 15 days at that time had I used the pattaya routes.

I don't think so. I have made Cambodia border runs to Ban Pakard / Prum just after the new rules were introduced, and received 30 days as it had to be. I did not discuss anything with the agency except price and time of pick-up.

I don't think so. I have made Cambodia border runs to Ban Pakard / Prum just after the new rules were introduced, and received 30 days as it had to be. I did not discuss anything with the agency except price and time of pick-up.

Great. you usually disagree with just about anything I post, and that is fine. I posted my comments and you posted yours. People can read as they wish. Have a nice day.