Breakfast in Pattaya

grabitanrun

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wherever you decide to go, avoid 99 baht breakfasts at all costs.

Not true. As stated above, I-Rovers in L-K Metro, is a great 99 baht breakfast. If you want to pay more, I am sure that they let you. The only complaint that I have heard of is it is too much food. Well, don't eat it all. Problem solved. Just tell them toast, or they will fry the bread.

The German restaurants in Naklua all has this German style breakfast, cold cuts and good bread and eggs boiled to your preferences, very nice.

Hotel Denmark out in Jomtien in soi 6 or7? has an awesome buffet for 170baht, eat late and you can skip lunch. Scandinavian orientated bekkie.

Casa Pascale on 2nd road is way over priced for what you get, was there 2 weeks ago, never again.

Many many places to go, I keep finding new places but always forgot their names.

Lek hotel buffet, no thanks man, they can keep it.

Edited by guzzi850m2

Not true. As stated above, I-Rovers in L-K Metro, is a great 99 baht breakfast. If you want to pay more, I am sure that they let you. The only complaint that I have heard of is it is too much food. Well, don't eat it all. Problem solved. Just tell them toast, or they will fry the bread.

you get toast and fried bread

Indeed.

Go for the 60B breakfast at the Irish Wolfhound.

bgr780.jpg

Nice picture.

Anyone want to have a stab at their net profit ?

Can't really do the net profit, as I do not know the total running costs of the establishment.

However, for simplicity lets us breakdown the costs as perceived by a layman, who has taken a number of people to this gaff for this breakfast, and subsequent meals, I believe the term used in the trade is "loss leader"

Coffee/tea - 7 B

Egg - 5 B

Tomato - 3 B

Toast - 8 B

Bacon - 24 B

Potato - 1 B

Sausage - 9 B

Butter/jam - 2 B

Total cost 59 B

Of course this is not a reflection of the net costs as staff,electric and the rest of the overheads have to be considered. Barring the sausage, it is quite nice grub, have you tried it?

The German restaurants in Naklua all has this German style breakfast, cold cuts and good bread and eggs boiled to your preferences, very nice.

Hotel Denmark out in Jomtien in soi 6 or7? has an awesome buffet for 170baht, eat late and you can skip lunch. Scandinavian orientated bekkie.

Casa Pascale on 2nd road is way over priced for what you get, was there 2 weeks ago, never again.

Many many places to go, I keep finding new places but always forgot their names.

Lek hotel buffet, no thanks man, they can keep it.

I second the recommendation regarding the buffet breakfast in Hotel Denmark. An absolutely awsome selection of goodies and they fry the egg and bacon for you while you wait.

Just driving into Pattaya now from Mabrachan, just want decent bacon eggs and sausages

18 Coins on soi Buakhao remains a favorite of mine.

Pig and Whistle never disappoints but I don't always like to take breakfast in a pub.

The 18 coins has moved across the road and is now called The Coins they do a great gammon breakfast for about 150 baht

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just driving into Pattaya now from Mabrachan, just want decent bacon eggs and sausages

Well Ill go to the foot of our stairs!

don't know how you can have missed the Tulip cafe and bakery

If you are coming down from the lake to the first traffic lights which is the Mikamong crossroads just where the new market is,, there is a 7/11 on the left and TESCO just over the

lights on the left and then there is the

Tulip bakery with cafe.

just a few meters further down the road past the TESCO and In my opinion the best value at around 139 Baht for 2 eggs 2 bacon or sausage, beans 2 toast coffee tea or orange

They also do Thai food which for me and my wife is the best around the area

Scrupulously clean in the cafe and on the table and served professionally

I only live around the corner and have a brekkies now and again just for a change.

Just for further info there is also another bakery/Deli across the road that has all the types of bread and a wholemeal medium lof for 30 Baht which is very tasty and well made

I have never met the owner a Dutchman who also owns the Tulip resort further down the adjoining road but He is and has been doing a really good professional job since I have lived

in this area and I highly commend you giving it a try

Absolute best recommendation for anyone residing out on the dark side... and for anyone from the 'sea side' who is fed up with the total lack of parking at most of the places recommended.

There's about 12 tables inside and 4 outside and it is busy most mornings, more so at weekends. Opens at 7 AM and has the best croissants and sliced bread in the universe.

PS. It's just past the ONLY set of traffic lights on Soi Siam Country Club. Parking out front can take 4 cars, depending on how badly they are parked(!) but plenty parking across the street.

I swear by Jamesons Irish Pubs 199baht full breakfast! A true taste from home. Located on 80/164 Moo 9, Soi Sukrudee.

You can two Tulip breakfasts for that price.

If he goes to one of the Brit pubs, he wont get much for 99 baht (at least not on this side of Suk) but for many of us its the only place where you will get a proper English breakfast. The hotel breakfast buffet where they lay out watery scrambled eggs, bacon that appears to have been fried to within an inch of combustion alongside a selection of Thai leftovers just doesnt do it for me either - sometimes its worth paying the money. I used to pay 13AUD for bacon and egg in Sydney, but that wasnt breakfast - it was an event. Two poached eggs on toasted Turkish bread, two large bacon rashers cooked to perfection and a flat white coffee that you'd normally pay $6 for in Sydney - just magic. The whole was so much more than the sum of its parts, and I'm sure I made noises consistent with some sort of auto-erotic experience every time I ate there. Not sure how many are prepared to shell out ~330 baht for breakfast in Pattaya, but as a treat once a fortnight I would seriously consider it : a breakfast like that can set up your whole day.

Well we now know where to go for breakfast if we happen to be in Australia.

Any comments on Pattaya!

Is Crazy Dave's still doing them?

Robin's Nest.

Pig and Whistle used to be good.

Palmers.

In LK Metro several places and a choice of BJOJ/Tea/Coffee or Chang.

Edited by jacko45k

Indeed.

Go for the 60B breakfast at the Irish Wolfhound.

bgr780.jpg

Nice picture.

Anyone want to have a stab at their net profit ?

Can't really do the net profit, as I do not know the total running costs of the establishment.

However, for simplicity lets us breakdown the costs as perceived by a layman, who has taken a number of people to this gaff for this breakfast, and subsequent meals, I believe the term used in the trade is "loss leader"

Coffee/tea - 7 B

Egg - 5 B

Tomato - 3 B

Toast - 8 B

Bacon - 24 B

Potato - 1 B

Sausage - 9 B

Butter/jam - 2 B

Total cost 59 B

Of course this is not a reflection of the net costs as staff,electric and the rest of the overheads have to be considered. Barring the sausage, it is quite nice grub, have you tried it?

Not been - but KittenKong's photo, and your recommendation, would encourage me to try it.

The sausage looks OK, although I prefer the larger 'Pattaya Porker' - taste depends on the supplier.

My point was not lost on you - this has to be a loss-leader. Frankly, not something I recommend in Pattaya!

PS - anybody else think irishsmile is connected with Jamesons! biggrin.png

Coffee/tea - 7 B

Egg - 5 B

Tomato - 3 B

Toast - 8 B

Bacon - 24 B

Potato - 1 B

Sausage - 9 B

Butter/jam - 2 B

Total cost 59 B

I dont think they lose money on this meal. They certainly sell a lot of them. Of course there are knock-on purchases (orange juice, other meals, another cup of tea, water, Thai food for GFs etc.).

As for the cost of the ingredients, I suspect that it comes in at around 40B. Maybe less.

I dont mind the sausage.

Royal Suite, Soi Buakhaow. 190 baht buffet. Omelette is the speciality but will prepare eggs and bacon to order. Upmarket quality and unlike the cheapo breakfasts elsewhere, serves proper coffee. Stops serving at 11am so you need to get there early. Recommended.

Edited by SheungWan

Have really good thinly cut bacon at tesco now and its cheap. If u cook it proparly u will never have to go to a resteraunt again.

Man, you would have to fry a whole lot of bacon to avoid that!

Back Fabrick , the German bakery in Jomtien with the best breakfast money can buy in this area. From 130 to 300 baht . But if you want a quick English breakfast the 60 baht at Irish Wolfhound is actually very tasty . Including a big cup of coffee or tea. It's a bargain!

Edited by balo

APEX hotel review. as the op said 150/110 for the breakfast. started with the cornflakes and found some real fresh milk. eggs cooked ok and found nice brown bread to make toast. had real butter, couldn't find any marmalade just over sweet thai jam. tried the pork sausage - disgusting. no idea which part of the pig was used to make them. "bacon" was a very small (1 rasher cut in 3?) piece of belly bacon wrapped around yet another inedible version of sausage.. orange juice was orange squash and the coffee I just smelled and didnt bother. don't think I would bother going back. today tried coins 140b brekkie. 2 eggs cooked fine, very nice toast 2 yorkies sausages, beans, black pudding. 2 complaints - coffee tasted like instant even through they said it was not and only gave margarine not real butter. More reviews to follow

Have really good thinly cut bacon at tesco now and its cheap. If u cook it proparly u will never have to go to a resteraunt again.

I think you may have missed the point here.

Thanks Jip. The Good Stuff is hard to find.