Immigration closed this Wednesday

Interesting, I should do a 90 day report sometime around about now. I guess I might go tomorrow to avoid the rush which will probably last for the rest of the week.

I'm working on the assumption that almost nobody knows about this, I had no idea.

Edited by ukrules

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Interesting, I should do a 90 day report sometime around about now. I guess I might go tomorrow to avoid the rush which will probably last for the rest of the week.

I'm working on the assumption that almost nobody knows about this, I had no idea.

It is clearly marked on calendars.

So no real excuse can be made for "not knowing"

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The 4th.of March closure is not a worrying matter, the closure is only for one day because it is on a Wednesday and not on a Friday, a Friday closure would create closing for 3 days Fri, Sat, Sun, and the opening would take place the following Monday after 3 days.

Some people don't know what day it is,any day.

Banks are open? Thailand Post working?

Cheers.

.Bars will be open though.

Not correct. Alcohol sales are banned for that day (Buddhist holiday) and bars are not allowed to open nation wide.

The Royal Gazette website published the announcement from PM Prayut’s office on Wednesday 18th February outlining the dates banning the sale of alcohol for 2015.

The order signed by the Prime Minister sets the alcohol ban dates as covered in the Alcohol Control Act 2008. According to the announcement, alcohol can’t be sold on Makha Bucha, Visakha Bucha and Asalha Bucha days plus the two days marking the start and end of the Buddhist Lent.

Source, among many others.

The 4th.of March closure is not a worrying matter, the closure is only for one day because it is on a Wednesday and not on a Friday, a Friday closure would create closing for 3 days Fri, Sat, Sun, and the opening would take place the following Monday after 3 days.

Wow, I would never have guessed that about Friday

• Like 1

hi i am a new member ,i could do with a bit of help from your experience in Thailand ,i want to deposit a uk bank draft in a thai bank to cover the immigration 8ook they want ,can i leave jn sterling or must i convert it to local currency and would immigration accept sterling as the financial requirement ,and can foreigners have foreign currency accounts in thai banks .thanks for your help

Off topic, but you can deposit it in a foreign currency account. Of course you will need to be sure that the value stays above 800K baht during the required seasoning period. So you will always need to deposit enough to allow for currency fluctuations.

hi i am a new member ,i could do with a bit of help from your experience in Thailand ,i want to deposit a uk bank draft in a thai bank to cover the immigration 8ook they want ,can i leave jn sterling or must i convert it to local currency and would immigration accept sterling as the financial requirement ,and can foreigners have foreign currency accounts in thai banks .thanks for your help

For banking questions you should of posted in the Jobs, economy, banking, business, investments forum.

Some immigration offices will accept foreign currency accounts to meet the requirements for an extension of stay.