Adam Johnson arrested

BangrakBob

POLICE investigating under-age sex claims against Adam Johnson have been studying his Facebook messages and texts.

By Joe Hinton / Published 8th March 2015
They want to see if any came from a 15-year-old who said she had a relationship with the England footballer.
Detectives are also looking into claims the Sunderland player met the schoolgirl several times before his arrest last Monday.
The Daily Star Sunday can reveal Johnson, 27, and the Year 10 pupil met at a training session for his club.
Police are looking into claims he then became friends with her on Facebook before sending messages asking her to send him pictures.
The girl is said to have had a crush on Johnson, later telling friends she was in a relationship with him.
She said she met him several times in hotels near her home before Christmas.
Friends said talk of her allegations had “got round school” in recent weeks, forcing the girl to tell her dad.
The source told the Daily Star Sunday: “She had no choice but to tell her dad as it would have got back to him anyway.
“He went spare and phoned the police straight away. They came round and spoke to the girl.
“They asked for her phone and they took it away.”
It is believed the player has left his mansion near Hartlepool, County Durham to escape the media spotlight.
“Police are looking into claims he then became friends with her on Facebook before sending messages asking her to send him pictures.”
A security guard with an alsatian was last night patrolling the £1.5million pad.
Johnson has not been seen in public since his arrest last Monday. He was later released on bail.
The £60,000-a-week international, who was signed from Manchester City three years ago, could be out of first team action for the rest of the season after the club suspended him until the police probe is completed.
Police are warning anyone who identifies the 15-year-old at the centre of the inquiry they face prosecution.
Officers are investigating a number of people who named and pictured the girl in the case.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/429465/Johnson-cops-in-text-probe-Facebook-links-to-girl-checked-over-underage-sex-claims

POLICE investigating under-age sex claims against Adam Johnson have been studying his Facebook messages and texts.

By Joe Hinton / Published 8th March 2015
They want to see if any came from a 15-year-old who said she had a relationship with the England footballer.
Detectives are also looking into claims the Sunderland player met the schoolgirl several times before his arrest last Monday.
The Daily Star Sunday can reveal Johnson, 27, and the Year 10 pupil met at a training session for his club.
Police are looking into claims he then became friends with her on Facebook before sending messages asking her to send him pictures.
The girl is said to have had a crush on Johnson, later telling friends she was in a relationship with him.
She said she met him several times in hotels near her home before Christmas.
Friends said talk of her allegations had “got round school” in recent weeks, forcing the girl to tell her dad.
The source told the Daily Star Sunday: “She had no choice but to tell her dad as it would have got back to him anyway.
“He went spare and phoned the police straight away. They came round and spoke to the girl.
“They asked for her phone and they took it away.”
It is believed the player has left his mansion near Hartlepool, County Durham to escape the media spotlight.
“Police are looking into claims he then became friends with her on Facebook before sending messages asking her to send him pictures.”
A security guard with an alsatian was last night patrolling the £1.5million pad.
Johnson has not been seen in public since his arrest last Monday. He was later released on bail.
The £60,000-a-week international, who was signed from Manchester City three years ago, could be out of first team action for the rest of the season after the club suspended him until the police probe is completed.
Police are warning anyone who identifies the 15-year-old at the centre of the inquiry they face prosecution.
Officers are investigating a number of people who named and pictured the girl in the case.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/429465/Johnson-cops-in-text-probe-Facebook-links-to-girl-checked-over-underage-sex-claims

Could anyone in his position really, actually be that thick?

Johnson's as thick as a plank and treacle runs faster than this overrated Premier League professional.

True or not, there is a definite drinking culture at Sunderland that has dragged the team down for years and years, and bonking anything that moves seems to find its way into the papers more regularly with Sunderland players than elsewhere. Titus Bramble barely escaped a rape conviction a couple of years ago and there was also a sex video tape scandal http://www.footballgeeza.com/sunderland-players-in-sex-tape-scandal/ back in 2006 involving 3 Sunderland players. Daft bastards the lot of them.

One of the best supported teams in the country, and yet the team serves up dross season after season. The club is cursed ... those black cats want bloody shooting. Nothing but bad luck.

• 11 months later...

I'll stick to commenting on the thread once there is a verdict or whatever.

The verdict was guilty, he will get a, hopefully, long custodial sentence.

Fully deserved, and I don't imagine he will be very popular inside there.

Because of his fame and fortune, he thought he could do what he wanted.

At least he is going to learn the hard way.

I'll stick to commenting on the thread once there is a verdict or whatever.

The verdict was guilty, he will get a, hopefully, long custodial sentence.

Fully deserved, and I don't imagine he will be very popular inside there.

Because of his fame and fortune, he thought he could do what he wanted.

At least he is going to learn the hard way.

Indeed he is a cretin and deserves a very long time to consider his actions.

Don't quite understand why the Sunderland CEO has resigned.

Per Beeb

"Byrne, who joined Sunderland in 2007, said in a statement: "Contrary to what has been suggested, I did not understand that Mr Johnson intended to change his plea at trial or at all. "I was astounded when he did plead guilty. "I accept that Mr Johnson should not have been permitted to play again, irrespective of what he was going to plead."

I don't see why he should have been suspended pending trial if he had maintained he was innocent and intended to plead not guilty.

Whatever happened to the innocent until proved guilty principle? [Of course the guy was proved guilty and turns out to be a total toe-rag but that's not the point]. Suspect there is more to it; maybe in reality she hardly quizzed him at all and now feels embarrassed, but wants to save face with the faux-hint of there having been a misunderstanding. If not, it's just another example of this lily-livered PC world where social media reaction trumps all.

Don't quite understand why the Sunderland CEO has resigned.

Per Beeb

"Byrne, who joined Sunderland in 2007, said in a statement: "Contrary to what has been suggested, I did not understand that Mr Johnson intended to change his plea at trial or at all. "I was astounded when he did plead guilty. "I accept that Mr Johnson should not have been permitted to play again, irrespective of what he was going to plead."

I don't see why he should have been suspended pending trial if he had maintained he was innocent and intended to plead not guilty.

Whatever happened to the innocent until proved guilty principle? [Of course the guy was proved guilty and turns out to be a total toe-rag but that's not the point]. Suspect there is more to it; maybe in reality she hardly quizzed him at all and now feels embarrassed, but wants to save face with the faux-hint of there having been a misunderstanding. If not, it's just another example of this lily-livered PC world where social media reaction trumps all.

She was privvy to information that he had kissed an underage girl and had been swapping texts with her.

Johnson admitted this prior to being charged. His defence transpired that he did not think it was a serious offence. And he told the club he was going to vehemently deny all charges.

The CEO, should have suspended him immediately upon learning his admissions, which was almost a year ago.

Rightly she has fallen on her sword.

He screwed over the club with his lies and someone's head must roll Santi.

Really you would have thought a word in the right Inspector's ear would have told them the truth.

Thats the point smokie.

She did know. The Police informed her. She kept the info that he admitted kissing the girl, to herself. She didnt inform the rest of the board.

He screwed over the club with his lies and someone's head must roll Santi.

Really you would have thought a word in the right Inspector's ear would have told them the truth.

Thats the point smokie.

She did know. The Police informed her. She kept the info that he admitted kissing the girl, to herself. She didnt inform the rest of the board.

If that's so JnD then she's a real double to$$er - even being economical with the truth when resigning!

The board should have denied her resignation and summarily sacked her without benefits. If only I was king ....

All this double-speak cr&p we have to put up with is down to Tony Blair !!

Yeah probably, though that just makes her look a to$$er twice over - why not tell the truth and say "I was naive, so I'm resigning"

Yet more graphic evidence, then (if we really needed it), of "saving face" being by no means an exclusively Thai characteristic!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived