International Buddhist groups slam NRC panel

webfact

The Network of Northeastern Exemplary Buddhist Youths, the Network of Buddhists in Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific Islands, and a centre promoting morality, ethics and the security of the nation, the Buddhist faith and the monarchy yesterday demanded that the NRC committee be scrapped.

I wonder if the temple and the monk in question is funneling money to these groups. Their actions certanily do not follow their stated principles.

I'm pretty sure that all those organizations were set up by the Dhammakaya temple. They are funded, managed and staffed by them. Big surprise they are upset. coffee1.gif

From a report by Patheos.com Dhammakaya temple’s global reach extends to 40 branches across the world with two satellite television stations that broadcast in four different languages.

These will be the "International" Buddhist groups that are doing the slamming.

They are nothing more than branches of the same temple coming out using the same tactic of threats.

As for the organization that lends money for giving to make merit.

They are called a credit union and are in the temple grounds and owned by the temple, they lend money to those with none or not enough, who want to donate to the temple,

The money they borrow goes to the temple as merit making and those who have borrowed pay it back to the credit union plus interest, so the temple gets the money plus the interest.

Exactly... coffee1.gif

I guess these Aussie monks don't understand thainess. The Mad Monk is now spreading his wings upsetting the Australians and others around the world. Once again the idiot mad monk is waving the Thai flag and again making Thailand look stupid. Prayuth is having huge problems getting the world to understand Thainess and this idiot monk is not helping. Prayuth needs to grab him now and send him off for Attitude re assignment.

If Sagha (SSC ) had done it's job it wouldn't have come to this, but of course doing nothing is Thainess personified.

" Phra Dhammchayo should have already been automatically defrocked in line with a statement of the late Supreme Patriarch."

All it means is anybody reading about this think Thailand's monks are looking stupid for not taking action against obvious corruption,

and not disimilar to the Catholic Church doing nothing about child molesting Priests.

I guess these Aussie monks don't understand thainess. The Mad Monk is now spreading his wings upsetting the Australians and others around the world. Once again the idiot mad monk is waving the Thai flag and again making Thailand look stupid. Prayuth is having huge problems getting the world to understand Thainess and this idiot monk is not helping. Prayuth needs to grab him now and send him off for Attitude re assignment.

So you think Dhammakaya is a good example of what Buddhism means, and you think the Sangha made a good decision?

Your illogical hatred of this government is really clouding your judgement.

Perhaps a return to Australia would make you feel better!

I was refering to the Mad Monk and did not express hatred of the government, I said that Prayuth needs to reel this idiot in. Don't let him break the law and hold demonstrations and don't let him show Thailand in a stupid negative way on the international stage. Take control of this idiot monk. If you interpret this as hatred for the government then I am sorry but it is you who is clouded.

it's Dhammakaya that is making thailand look stupid.

It is what monks say and do in the name of religion that is making Thailand look stupid, many religions started of this way, then escalated into something worse, need we say more

Just like all religious groups there are those within that interpret their rules from their good books to suit their agendas.

Now on a lighter note, are we all to believe that 2 Polar Bears and 2 penguins walked all the way from the artic circle to Turkey and meet up with some bloke called Noah?

Nobody finds that odd? But a Rolex wearing monk is considered to be outrageous?

Those two penguins would have had quite a journey. To get to the Arctic they'd have first had to walk from the Southern Hemisphere :)
I had a feeling it was Antarctica but went with the artic as it was easier to spell 5555
  • Like 1

this is all about the monks having their personal bank accounts padded and that is all it is, they like being in a financially sound position where they can do as they please even though it breaks all the rules of their so called religion. For a religion that is based on non financial/no personal belongings they are certainly doing the opposite and at the same time making all monks look guilty of collusion. We all see them with their expensive toys, latest i-phones/pads, rolex watches, branded bags, cars, helicopters, you name it and they have it, what happened to them following their own teachings. Catholics are bad as well, in fact all religion is a farce these days, I actually thought buddhism was the only decent one till I moved here and got to see what thai monks get away with. Its way past time these people were looked at by the law and overseen by non monks to ensure they are following their teachings and not simply taking millions of baht from followers for their own pleasures. I hope that this gets no where and the monks are finally made to follow the true teachings, watch them leave in droves if they lose their money making abilities and have to be true buddhists.

this is all about the monks having their personal bank accounts padded and that is all it is, they like being in a financially sound position where they can do as they please even though it breaks all the rules of their so called religion. For a religion that is based on non financial/no personal belongings they are certainly doing the opposite and at the same time making all monks look guilty of collusion. We all see them with their expensive toys, latest i-phones/pads, rolex watches, branded bags, cars, helicopters, you name it and they have it, what happened to them following their own teachings. Catholics are bad as well, in fact all religion is a farce these days, I actually thought buddhism was the only decent one till I moved here and got to see what thai monks get away with. Its way past time these people were looked at by the law and overseen by non monks to ensure they are following their teachings and not simply taking millions of baht from followers for their own pleasures. I hope that this gets no where and the monks are finally made to follow the true teachings, watch them leave in droves if they lose their money making abilities and have to be true buddhists.

Is it illegal for them to accept money?

No mate it is not, it goes far beyond that.

It is about the corruption of Buddhist teachings for personal gain.

About a monk and a temple which accepted billions in donations knowing that money had been stolen from the savings of ordinary people.

About a temple that was set up under royal patronage morphing into a money making business.

About an organization that is conning people into believing that the more money the give the better things will be for them in another life or that they will get a better place in heaven.

About financial corruption within the system where there is no accountability for the billions the temple receives and of possible money laundering by those in high places.

Consider that the gent on the run in the UK who embezzled the billions gave a total of 11.3 billion to the temple, the monks, the temple credit union and a company owned by the temple. How easy would it be for all or some of those billions to be transferred to the account of one of the temples or their affiliates in another country to be transferred to other bank accounts, and how many times may this have been done in the past. No accountability remember.

It is also about the supreme council ignoring the orders of their boss, the supreme council defending all the above things.

There is more but that should give you an idea of how bad things are.

• Like 2