Two Fake Soldiers Arrested for Selling Bogus Army Ranks

Lite Beer

Two Fake Soldiers Arrested for Selling Bogus Army Ranks

By Khaosod Eng.

14254476771425447767l.jpg

CHIANG MAI — Two Thai men have been arrested for disguising themselves as military officers and selling fake Royal Thai Army ranks to more than 70 people who participated in two-month training sessions.

According to police, Saksith Ngiebchangreet, 30, and Charnvit Traisatit, 25, posed as military officers and offered to grant army ranks to civilians who underwent a two-month training program in exchange for sum of money. The pair reportedly charged 70,000 baht for the rank of lieutenant, and 100,000 baht for captain.

Pol.Lt.Gen. Thanitsak Teerasawasdi, commander of the Fifth Region Police, said the two suspects dressed up as army captains and carried firearms.

At least 70 people fell for the scheme, police say. Saksith and Charnvit reportedly took the group to a boyscout camp in Nakhon Ratchasima province and made them go through two-months of field training.

Read More: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1425447677

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-03-04

On a somewhat unrelated topic, I often wonder how long it takes the average Thai military / police officer to remove all the badges, stars, medal strips and other assorted hardware from their shirts and how long to put it all back on. Maybe their wives do this for them?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Pretty good long con. Even putting the people through a 2 month training course.

Just maybe this has all been happening before, the 2 months training all part of the whole scam to ensure the 'recruits' are not caught out when they need to perform and therefore protect the scam.

Edited by scorecard

Funny how could they carry out a two weeks course some where and the local authority didnt notice their activities. and where on earth a civilian can become an officer with two months training?? no matter how good and brilliantly its designed for??

On a somewhat unrelated topic, I often wonder how long it takes the average Thai military / police officer to remove all the badges, stars, medal strips and other assorted hardware from their shirts and how long to put it all back on. Maybe their wives do this for them?

Very little time at all.

The coolest uniform shirts for men actually zip up the front. The buttons are merely decorative.

Very little time at all.

The coolest uniform shirts for men actually zip up the front. The buttons are merely decorative.

Are the badges velcro too? Maybe they are washable that would only be on a cool wash I expect for these cool uniforms.

Wonder what the people who bought these ranks thought they were going to do with them, did they think they would be able to walk into an army camp and take over or to be able to lord it over people and bully them and extort money, or was it just something to impress their friends ?

• Like 1

I don't blame so much the fraudsters as I blame the stupid idiots believing them.

They do deserve to lose the money.

But probably next time they will pay a Million to become generals.........trust them........

Well in the police (the real one) it isn't much different....Pay for promotion....but the amounts are bigger.

Very little time at all.

Are the badges velcro too? Maybe they are washable that would only be on a cool wash I expect for these cool uniforms.

The rank on average military uniforms are often velcro. You don't wear service ribbons on that uniform.

Service ribbons are on pins.

Rank on dress uniforms is on pins for officers and enlisted as well.

So, service ribbons, name tag, rank. On dress uniforms all go on and off quickly.. I imagine it is more of a pita for civil servants of any kind, as they don't have the occasion to wear their dress whites as often.

All Police have at least 3 or 4 wives and one of them has a sole duty & responsibility of laundry, ironing & rebadging. She is usually not the youngest or prettiest. The other wives have to keep him exercised and thin enough to fit in to the uniform

I don't blame so much the fraudsters as I blame the stupid idiots believing them.

They do deserve to lose the money.

But probably next time they will pay a Million to become generals.........trust them........

The same could be said about most of the posts on TV complaining about being "scammed." Probably the same people who get excited to learn they had won the Nigerian lottery.