I'm paying 499 Baht for one month 6 Mbps Internet

ev1lchris

I'm paying 499 Baht for one month 6 Mbps Internet

I'm currently using the apartment complex provider's service. Is there a better alternative?

That depends on what you're getting for your 499 Baht.

The usual alternative for a tourist or short-time visitor is Mobile Internet -- an expensive option where the speed might be better but your data is measured and capped.

What is it you're looking for?

Edited by RichCor

Well, that's not a bad price at all for 6Mb service considering you are renting and probably have no commitment to the internet company. For comparison if you were allowed to have an internet company such as TOT run a line to your apparent, disregarding any hookup fees and commitments, their 6Mb down/512Kb up speed plan would cost you Bt490 plus 7% VAT per month.

http://www.tot.co.th/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1231:hi-speed-internet-%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%9E%E0%B9%87%E0%B8%81%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%88-%E2%80%9Csmile-plus%E2%80%9D&Itemid=252〈=en

• Like 1

I was visiting LOS for 5 weeks in Jan/Feb and bought AIS package of 8MB + 4MB mobile data bonus for Bt799 .

I used my Samsung S4 mini as mobile hotspot for my laptop and it worked fantastically well everywhere I went mainly BKK Bank Kapi area and Sisaket way out into the sticks and I got around 6MBs in Sisaket but in BKK I got 23/26 MBs regularly on mobile data e.g. in the Mall yet only 12MBs on AIS WiFi in The Mall Bang Kapi and other AIS wifi areas like TescoLotus.

I think this is a fantastic deal. I recommend it to all.

I used the computer surfing the web many hours a day using many data intensive (photgraphs) sites and a few videos. I used two packages in the five weeks but wasn't too switched on to make sure I used any wifi that was available so if I had they would have obviously lasted longer.