My time in Thai prison

colinneil

I remember your last post Colin and sent my sincerest sympathies then (round the world cyclist). I can only tell you that I myself am a great believer in prayer (doesn't matter if you are or not) and my prayer is that you be given the strength and power to cope with all you have to cope with. I myself had my fair amount of up's and down's and I realized that a big stumbling block for me was my resentments against those that I felt played a big part in my situation. It wasn't until I came to forgive those that the healing really started (in my head anyway). I forgave them because it was necessary for my own recovery.....not for any benefit for them. I say this because I sensed in your last post that resentment might be playing a part in your life. If I picked that up wrong....please forgive me. GBU.

You're a big believer in prayer and you're only gonna ask for "power to cope". Why not pray for a new spinal cord for the poor guy? Just saying, since you're such a big believer and all that why not go for it with one of these powerful prayers? You're god has the power to heal right?

Sorry but I have to ask some other questions. What exactly were the charges and did this go to court?

They just cant throw you in prison for nothing, did you contact a lawyer about this? If she did not have evidence to support her claim I would sue for unlawful imprisonment and associated damages.

Yes I know TIT and its probably best to leave it alone.

I think you have answered your own question.

T. I. T. - the land where money speaks louder than facts!

They can throw you in prison for any reason they want. Yes, Thai law is little different when it comes to rights and wrongs - but the application of those laws can be somewhat different.

• Like 1

No jail is good, unless its in small towns and just for holding

This was not prison though

Prisons are long term.

This was a holding jail.

Big difference

So you have stayed in Buriram prison ?

If you think the small town 'holding jail', where Colin was initially detained, is "good" I would like to see you survive a couple of nights - it was depressing enough just visiting.

To be fair, Colin never complained about his treatment there and they did allow us to bring him some western food and a change of clothes. But,........ the Amari it is not.

thanks for sharing, quite an experience

i cant help asking would't you be better off in the UK with the NHS and disability payments?

You want him stuck in a hospital or a room having some nurse looking after him?

No, he has a fantastic Thai wife that takes care of all his needs and cares for him a lot.

He also has a beautiful house that he build before his accident.

UK can't offer him anything more than Thailand does.

less with the tone please. i dont want him to do anything he doesnt want to do

i merely suggested that as a uk citizen he is entitled to world class professional health care, free and also disability benefits and posed that question.

nice as thailand is its health care and social security is nothing compared to the uk.

• Like 1

thanks for sharing, quite an experience

i cant help asking would't you be better off in the UK with the NHS and disability payments?

You want him stuck in a hospital or a room having some nurse looking after him?

No, he has a fantastic Thai wife that takes care of all his needs and cares for him a lot.

He also has a beautiful house that he build before his accident.

UK can't offer him anything more than Thailand does.

less with the tone please. i dont want him to do anything he doesnt want to do

i merely suggested that as a uk citizen he is entitled to world class professional health care, free and also disability benefits and posed that question.

nice as thailand is its health care and social security is nothing compared to the uk.

Your question is a fair one.

In Colin's situation there was nothing to go back to - no family support and without the means to fund the horrendous costs of repatriation.

Where would he go? A UK hospital/care home ? Even Stoke Mandeville can't mend broken spines.

What about his loving wife - would he want to leave her behind in Thailand ?

No.

A good question samsensam but Colin, rightly in my view, decided that whatever life he had he wanted to share it with his wife in Thailand. Another benefit of being married to a government officer is the availability of healthcare at very reasonable prices

• Like 1

Another addition to my previous posts - and I am sure this one wont be removed smile.png

As I said before Colin - you are a hero to myself and many others, and your wife and her family are champions.

This post has given the opportunity for Farangs like myself who do have a wonderful Thai wife/gf to tell others. Not many of us have one that has proven herself to be as kind and loving and caring as Colin's - but we all hope that if it came to it that they would be. For those who have yet to find one, then let me tell you - they are not all evil bitches as some posters would have you think. Some blokes deserve to be taken to the cleaners and some are just unlucky. Keep trying as Colin did and if you are a good person, then one day things should go your way. There are many good ones out there, and I suggest those of you who have been unlucky, should perhaps look in other places for them.

This post has also given myself and others the opportunbity to learn who are the 'good guys' and who are the absolute dhead idiots. This time I will not name names, but clearly many agreed as they liked my post. So this time I will not name them - but we know who you are now, and any future comment under your names will be ignored and not read. mad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qsrqHQ4roTc

• Like 2

Just for informational purposes when Colin had his accident He was on his way out and going for a drink , in other words he was on his way to the pub or bar and was not under the influence of drink

• Like 1

This post has also given myself and others the opportunbity to learn who are the 'good guys' and who are the absolute dhead idiots.

Hasn't it just?

Particularly those who continue to pepper the thread with personal insults for the sake of garnering "likes"

• Like 2

Just for informational purposes when Colin had his accident He was on his way out and going for a drink , in other words he was on his way to the pub or bar and was not under the influence of drink

maybe try reading the posts then ? whistling.gif

Drink was not a factor in the alleged assault nor was it a factor in Colin's road traffic accident.

• Like 1