My time in Thai prison

colinneil

Thanks for your honesty. There is truth that there are a lot of gold diggers out there and when the money dries up things can change quickly. As you have demonstrated there are also a lot of good women here too. Problem is if they want to give you trouble they can quite easily and many are unscrupulous enough to do so.

I am curious to know if you met the first wife in a bar?

"INSPIRATION" is a bit strong.

I don't want to go out and emulate the guy's life choices but dealing with paralysis of that magnitude requires a degree of strength and fortitude that I doubt most of us can imagine so that certainly deserves admiration.

1. He married a greedy, deceitful and dishonest woman - big deal . . . happens to a lot of guys especially here but the warning signs were there all along

2. He spent a night in the clink - big deal . . . when he mentioned his "time in prison in Thailand", I was expecting to read a summary of months or years, not a NIGHT

3. He comes out, hits the juice, heads back to the UK and less than a year later, meets & marries another Thai woman. OK so it turns out he's picked a blinder but she could so easily have turned out to be another dragon.

Clearly, this guy likes taking risks

Still, what IS worthy of admiration is the fact that he doesn't appear to be blaming anyone else for what happened to him. A helluva lot of people WOULD be

Big respect to his missus too; a prime example of Thai family values at work that a lot of posters ignore when berating them.

With your degree of, cynicism,which is a feature of your post's ,maybe you would be better off not commenting on a poster who most of us admire for his strength in adversity.

Quite a few others agreed with what I wrote

i also got unlucky with the prison system, only my luck was worse, took me a month to get the hell out of the misunderstanding that landed me there.. on the motorbike front i have been lucky, rode a motorbike in pattaya for 15 years and had some close calls, but no serious injuries before i retired the 2 weelers.. i have had 1 longterm thai GF, she was from the gogo bars and was a liar but I always excused it because it seemed she was giving all are money to her mother and daughter and her family was impoverished so i felt at least her heart was in the right place.. we broke it off on pretty decent terms, now i'm married and she also is always asking for money but she doesn't lie like the bargirl did.. i think generally the Thai's have a high moral compass, even most of the prostitutes are decent people, they just think we should always help their families until we have no money ourselves, that's what they do, they share everything.. i seen poor Thai people take in farangs after they blew all their cash and got stuck out here lol, TVs have posted such tales "i lost all my money so im living with my girlfriends family and now im way overstayed tongue.png

Good and bad people in all races and Nations , My first wife did 60, 000 GBP gambling and <deleted> off and left me with 2 kids aged, 2 and 3 , Seeing an opportunity I left the house and went to live in Ayutthaya where I met the woman who has looked after me and my children for 10 years

i dont understand ..you a grown man need looking after.....????

Good and bad people in all races and Nations , My first wife did 60, 000 GBP gambling and <deleted> off and left me with 2 kids aged, 2 and 3 , Seeing an opportunity I left the house and went to live in Ayutthaya where I met the woman who has looked after me and my children for 10 years

well everyone needs their nails clipped, the ironing done and the odd bit of shopping, at the very least. Being looked after is what wives are for.

Edited by dragonfly94

The All Blacks are decimating the Aussie try line, you need another beer ... desperately. DARLINGGGGG!!!!!

I think that's the looking after he's referring to.

thanks for sharing, quite an experience

i cant help asking would't you be better off in the UK with the NHS and disability payments?

You want him stuck in a hospital or a room having some nurse looking after him?

No, he has a fantastic Thai wife that takes care of all his needs and cares for him a lot.

He also has a beautiful house that he build before his accident.

UK can't offer him anything more than Thailand does.

"UK can't offer him anything more than Thailand does."

Qualifies for the most stupid statement I have seen on here for many many years.

I agree. Can't believe he thought he was a candidate for poster of the year.

I do feel very sorry for Colin, seems he has had the rough end of the stick on more than one occasion. And I say that as a non Buddhist.

I wonder how many people on here who believe in karma are wishing Colin the best of luck, and wish him well in his next life.

Do you nut jobs not think he maybe paying for what he did in his last life ? That's your world not mine.

• Like 2

Do you have movement in your upper body ?

if so you may want to look into exercises so at least you can move around some,

My friends daughter was shot in a drive by in south central LA, paralyzed but they did an experimental stem cell operation and she got movement back in one leg and feeling in the other ,

so you might look into that ,

Best wishes and try and get some rehab so you can be the best that is possible.....

• Like 1

Sorry but I have to ask some other questions. What exactly were the charges and did this go to court?

They just cant throw you in prison for nothing, did you contact a lawyer about this? If she did not have evidence to support her claim I would sue for unlawful imprisonment and associated damages.

Yes I know TIT and its probably best to leave it alone.

• Like 1

I have to agree the booze did not help and does not help in any case. Life is better without excess booze.

Relax in peace...

Maybe things would have been easier if you drank less...

Things are never easier if you drink less.

Yes they are.

Thanks for your posts Colin. Firstly I would like to agree with you about Buriram Hospital. Not all Government hospitals are "nightmares' as some posters would have you believe. I have been in Buriram Hospital on numerous occasions and have had nothing but good care and attention.

Being disabled does get you down on occasions, being unable to walk and wheelchair reliant I only have to look at the case of someone like yourself who is so much worse off than I am to realise in many ways I am lucky. As someone qouted earlier "I had no shoes then saw someone with no legs'.

You're an inspiration to all those who are unfortunate enough to have to bear a disability.

• Like 1