Advice on bank account

I currently have an account at Krungsri Bank.

I went there today with my wife. She needed a new ATM card because it was going to expire soon. The lady at the desk, only worked there for 2 weeks, then made a mistake and told my wife and me (!) she had accidentally deleted the account of a very good customer, some hiso doctor from a big hospital. Then 2 managers stepped in and took care of it. The lady then told us she would have to call this doctor and she was affraid of losing her job. I find this quite disturbing because:

a) she tells customers about a mistake she makes

cool.png she almost reveals the identity of one of their top clients

c) it is possible for a newly hired employee (trainee?) to delete a bankaccount

Furthermore I was surprised to see that despite of the computersystem they have, they had a lot of papers and folders to look stuff up in. Hello? This is the 22th century!

Any advice on a bank that has entered the 22th century already and has some sense of privacy and professionality? I heard Kasikorn wa good, can anybody confirm?

Edited by Mr Somtam

To be honest she sounds like a nice genuine girl just starting out. Like all of us she makes mistakes smile.png

Not professional I agree, and not the norm either for a trained professional. No it won't be typical of Krungsri and with different staff members at different branches your experiences differ. Maybe she just had a lot on her mind and just needed to offload her problems to someone who would listen.

Most of you are human, so it happens laugh.png

As for the technical side, if she's only there 2 weeks as a newbie and making mistakes, I doubt she understands how the systems work in their entirety. There will be audit trails, various controls in place so the customer's money won't be lost. Most likely controls include depending on what happened: either she never actually set up the account properly in the first place rather than "deleting", bit like say not saving a document on your computer. In which case various paper trails/ audit trails/cash reconciliations / other controls will pick it up. If it was actually set up I very much doubt she deleted it, just maybe thinks she did. Banks operate segregation of duties controls and "4 eyes principles", i.e one enters another reviews/ authorises. Unless you work in IT with adminstrator / super access rights you wouldn't be able to do it in one step. Even then there are exception reports and audit trails generated and controls in place too so it is seen by someone else. A front office clerk wouldn't be in that IT category

By all means try Kasikorn, maybe her twin sister works there as part of the banking lottery when it comes to service for the first ever time with people you don't know smile.png

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

Edited by fletchsmile

To be honest she sounds like a nice genuine girl just starting out. Like all of us she makes mistakes smile.png

Not professional I agree, and not the norm either for a trained professional. No it won't be typical of Krungsri and with different staff members at different branches your experiences differ. Maybe she just had a lot on her mind and just needed to offload her problems to someone who would listen.

Most of you are human, so it happens laugh.png

As for the technical side, if she's only there 2 weeks as a newbie and making mistakes, I doubt she understands how the systems work in their entirety. There will be audit trails, various controls in place so the customer's money won't be lost. Most likely controls include depending on what happened: either she never actually set up the account properly in the first place rather than "deleting", bit like say not saving a document on your computer. In which case various paper trails/ audit trails/cash reconciliations / other controls will pick it up. If it was actually set up I very much doubt she deleted it, just maybe thinks she did. Banks operate segregation of duties controls and "4 eyes principles", i.e one enters another reviews/ authorises. Unless you work in IT with adminstrator / super access rights you wouldn't be able to do it in one step. Even then there are exception reports and audit trails generated and controls in place too so it is seen by someone else. A front office clerk wouldn't be in that IT category

By all means try Kasikorn, maybe her twin sister works there as part of the banking lottery when it comes to service for the first ever time with people you don't know smile.png

Cheers

Fletch smile.png

In order to get my wife a new card she had to delete/ close her account and then reopen it or something. She did that with the doctor's account (forgot to check the name) and then the managers were angry. One of the managers however swept a card through some device, so maybe that was to authorise it, she didn't check anything either so maybe it was HER mistake then, after all it was her card... Edited by Mr Somtam
  • Like 1

I opened a Krungsri Bank account in Sep 14...was impressed with the professionalism and friendliness of the staff at the branch I opened the account at although they knew very, very little English. I'm a U.S. citizen...they just pulled out two FATCA forms for me to sign and then continued opening the account. On one occasion shortly after opening the account I needed to call the Krungsri Call Center to get help in resolving an ibanking issue which I caused...the person I talked to spoke very good English...problem resolved quickly. Another time I had a Krungsri Cash Deposit Machine deposit (not at my home branch but a different branch) which didn't immediately reflect on my passbook balance like it is suppose to...immediately went into the branch to show them the problem...they fixed the problem within 5 minutes with a couple swipes of the manager's card in the keyboard so they could update my balance. So far I've been happy with Krungsri...they are not my primary Thai bank...but as said so far I've been happy with them and they definitely jump to quickly resolve problems/issues.