Kawsai Z250 / Z300

JaiLai

Considering getting one of the above bikes, would anyone recommend one over the other, there's only a price difference of about 20K, worth the extra money.

Any good or bad comments about this bike?

I previously have ER6N but found it a bit heavy, would I notice the difference in handling / performance of these smaller bikes?

I think they both look great.

Thanks for any input.

I haven't ridden them but I was at the Kawasaki dealer on Ramkamhaeng the other day and saw the Z300 for the first time. Definitely a good looking bike.

One thing to keep in mind, besides just the power difference, is that the Z300 has ABS, while the old Z250 doesn't.

I'd go with the Z300 definitely, after having a ER6n the 250 would feel too underpowered. As far as handling goes, well the Z300 is the same as the Ninja 300 apart from fairing and handlebars. Which means it's a much sportier bike than the ER6. The seating position plus weight etc will make it handle much better IMO.

And a Z300 is about 40k baht more than the naked Honda CB300f that also has ABS.

Food for thought.

True but with about 10HP less(a lot on smaller bikes) the Z looks far better, less quality and a single compared to a twin, well you get what you pay for.

And a Z300 is about 40k baht more than the naked Honda CB300f that also has ABS.

Food for thought.

While the CBR300 is only 286cc from a single cylinder engine.

I'd go for the Z300 over the Z250 for sure.

I've had a 2015 Z250 for 2 months now and I love it. Got the Z250 because I did not want to wait 1 month for the Z300, didn't like the Z300 colors(I got the Matte Black) and 40k more for the extra 50cc that I won't use much. I live on Koh Samui and the 250 is more than enough, but if I was somewhere where I took the highway often I might want to go for the 300. ABS or no ABS...depends on your skill level, it's a small and light bike it's really easy to maneuver, wasn't a deciding factor for me.

Agree about the lack of colour options but nothing that cannot be changed, anyone a rough price estimate of a good paint job, 15K??

Thanks.

I ride the Z250 at the moment, awesome bike for the city

i would say appalling for the city - because of the constant clutch slipping and gear changes.......PCX 150 is the king in the city.....

Have ridden the PCX in the city too, the Z is the better bike - more power, safer, better brakes etc. etc.

If the Z250 is a better bike in the city than a PCX 150, then i'm a jam doughnut (with cream on top).......

i would say appalling for the city - because of the constant clutch slipping and gear changes.......PCX 150 is the king in the city.....

Have ridden the PCX in the city too, the Z is the better bike - more power, safer, better brakes etc. etc.

If the Z250 is a better bike in the city than a PCX 150, then i'm a jam doughnut (with cream on top).......

What flavor jam? biggrin.png

instead of a new Z300, why not get a 2nd hand ER6n for the same price? it's another league...

Another league slower. Any competent rider on a Ninja 300 would destroy an ER6 in traffic or the twisties or track.

instead of a new Z300, why not get a 2nd hand ER6n for the same price? it's another league...

Another league slower. Any competent rider on a Ninja 300 would destroy an ER6 in traffic or the twisties or track.

Traffic.. maybe. Twisties, I doubt. Track, not a chance.

sprinkles too?

Once you have mastered clutch and throttle control, you will find that it's not difficult riding a manual bike, even in a city like Bkk. There are also some advantages, such as better braking and better acceleration (manual bike, I mean).

• Like 1

Interesting comment Mac. Would the same rider be faster on a 300 than an ER6 in the twisties and track?

Interesting comment Mac. Would the same rider be faster on a 300 than an ER6 in the twisties and track?

I think in the hands of a better rider, sure. Equally matched riders and then the ER6 is gonna beat the 300, more grunt and power coming out of the corner, which is where it matters if you can harness it and use it.

I think in the hands of a better rider, sure. Equally matched riders and then the ER6 is gonna beat the 300, more grunt and power coming out of the corner, which is where it matters if you can harness it and use it.

Perhaps I had my beer fingers on last night and was slightly exaggerating, intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxNblz

Still I think it would be close, sportsbike vs tourer/road bike

• Like 2