Very strange happening with my 2003 Honda City

Dario

2003 dint have Airbags .I am miffed by IMHO s post......Whats Occams Razor,?, A Pubic Hair Remover, Is it related to the Mystical Distart..Never heard that .excuse either.biggrin.png

Give them a call so they won't try to replace what is not there... just because you said so.

2003 dint have Airbags .I am miffed by IMHO s post......Whats Occams Razor,?, A Pubic Hair Remover, Is it related to the Mystical Distart..Never heard that .excuse either.biggrin.png

Yes Eddy, they have airbags. When you drove one you just didn't know, although it's marked in front somewhere on the glove compartment lid, see related news article about airbags here.

Edited by Dario

on the earlier Honda city, they had a known fault that caused power lose and required a high power charge - the flux capacitor, not sure if they were located near the aircon unit or not.

on a less serious note 240,000 K is some 'milage' for a small petrol engine, but Honda's are the best

Sorry mate, it's something you learn about while studying science :)

The simple version is: The simplest answer is usually correct.

In this case, it could be the alternator (which is rare), the wiring (which is very rare), some weird electrical gremlin (which almost never happens), or....... just a dead battery (which happens all the time).

• Like 1

Update:

Don't see many Ro-Ro truck in LOS

Lots in adverts for cars/trucks why do Thais like to show the vehicle they are trying to sell being recovered or in a thousand parts in a shambolic "garage" ?.blink.png ( of course shows the level of cars i'm interested inlaugh.png )

Edited by kartman
  • Like 1

on the earlier Honda city, they had a known fault that caused power lose and required a high power charge - the flux capacitor, not sure if they were located near the aircon unit or not.

on a less serious note 240,000 K is some 'milage' for a small petrol engine, but Honda's are the best

I did 470K in a Toyota Echo and sold it to a Toyota mechanic. He told me that some of the Pizza delivery vehicles were hitting the 1,000,000k mark. In all that time I replaced an alternator and two rear wheel barings and normal book servicing. If a car is serviced properly and like me trips are not short, then these modern engines are a marvel. The electronics and everything else seems to be more of a problem.

• Like 1

A Japanese cast iron block is so hard, it hardly wears, even at 240k km (149k miles), if proper maintenance is followed. Keep a clean air filter on it, regular oil changes and even if you drive like Jensen Button, it will be fine for many more miles, especially if doing highway miles.

What's the fastest posted speed in Thailand? 120 km/hr, typical is 80-90 km/hr. Hardly the speed to wear it out quickly.

I cant see how a Starter Motor that is isolated once started can have any relation to the general electric system as stated in the OP.. Would love to see a print out like HONDA Hua Hin gives you or calls you over to see/show the prob like most well managed big Honda Outlets. Seems a Tad strange to me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update:

This morning about 08:30 Honda Mondial Assistance came to pick up the car and bring it to AV Honda Cars in Surin. In the late afternoon they called and said they had checked all the wiring, there was nothing wrong, also the ground cable was on its place. They said they have to replace the "distart', dunno what exactly this is, the starter I guess, about 8'000+ Baht. At the same time they did a "recall" for free, they replaced the airbags. They have to order the piece from BKK, so the car would be ready on Friday. Since I'm trading in the SET every weekday, we will go and pick the car up on Saturday morning. I must say in closing, that this car has never cost us much on repairs, since I did all the services with Honda only and always on time. They will also do the 240'000 km service this week.

attachicon.gifSAM_4823z.jpg attachicon.gifSAM_4827z.jpg

Hello, I tried to find some helps for my wife honda city.

Yesterday the electrical part of the car died. This morning honda told me that they have to change alternator (if I understand well), price 9000 baht, but they need 2 weeks to receive it, and maybe could not be enough to change it for working again.

Does someone know where I can find new and/or used car part ? I'd like to save money and get soon back the car. (I live in Chonburi city..)

And what do you think about a alternator regenerated ? What do you think about the price ?

Thanks for any helps....

Update:

This morning about 08:30 Honda Mondial Assistance came to pick up the car and bring it to AV Honda Cars in Surin. In the late afternoon they called and said they had checked all the wiring, there was nothing wrong, also the ground cable was on its place. They said they have to replace the "distart', dunno what exactly this is, the starter I guess, about 8'000+ Baht. At the same time they did a "recall" for free, they replaced the airbags. They have to order the piece from BKK, so the car would be ready on Friday. Since I'm trading in the SET every weekday, we will go and pick the car up on Saturday morning. I must say in closing, that this car has never cost us much on repairs, since I did all the services with Honda only and always on time. They will also do the 240'000 km service this week.

attachicon.gifSAM_4823z.jpg attachicon.gifSAM_4827z.jpg

Hello, I tried to find some helps for my wife honda city.

Yesterday the electrical part of the car died. This morning honda told me that they have to change alternator (if I understand well), price 9000 baht, but they need 2 weeks to receive it, and maybe could not be enough to change it for working again.

Does someone know where I can find new and/or used car part ? I'd like to save money and get soon back the car. (I live in Chonburi city..)

And what do you think about a alternator regenerated ? What do you think about the price ?

Thanks for any helps....

That is a very high price.

Find an "Air" car shop; they refill "freon" on car aircon systems and normally also have alternators and starters or they can renovate them.

Alternators are made by very few companies eg. Bosch and are (more or less) the same on many cars.

I would think the price will be 4,000 Baht.