Major survey shows most Americans support same-sex marriage

webfact

Atleast Muslims and I agree on one thing.....Dinosaur maybe. I'll go to my grave calling these kind what they are......wait... Scott will suspend me if I say it.

You read between the lines.

People like you are the worst of the worst. Considering how nasty you are and you have no problem posting something like this..... I will say what needs to be said. Younger people like myself are indeed waiting for people like you to go to your grave. The world will be a kinder and more accepting place.

We don't have to read between the lines to see how kind and accepting you are do we?

Accepting of bigots, racists, homophobes, etc..... Lol. No, I am not. And I am proud to be that way.

More proof of how sick the USA and the world is becoming.

Nope.... Just confirmation that sick people like you are dying off.

You don't need to worry about cretins like that. Most of them won't change their minds. What they will have to do though is keep their mouths shut as people realise that such comments constitute hate speech and will be legislated away or peer pressure brought to bear. Such cowards would not go up to a group of african americans and use the n word. These forums are the last place for such bigots and cowards to demonstrate how their own sexual identity is threatened. Looking forward to the time these troglodytes get fined and imprisoned for their anti-social behaviour.

• Like 1

Atleast Muslims and I agree on one thing.....Dinosaur maybe. I'll go to my grave calling these kind what they are......wait... Scott will suspend me if I say it.

You read between the lines.

People like you are the worst of the worst. Considering how nasty you are and you have no problem posting something like this..... I will say what needs to be said. Younger people like myself are indeed waiting for people like you to go to your grave. The world will be a kinder and more accepting place.

We don't have to read between the lines to see how kind and accepting you are do we?

Accepting of bigots, racists, homophobes, etc..... Lol. No, I am not. And I am proud to be that way.

Neither are you kind, accepting and sympathetic. So you don't really have a very high horse to sit on do you?

55555555555555 Your intelligent comeback astounds me.

That's because clearly you are the one that is not very intelligent. What I said is just a fact. The older, bigoted generation is dying off. In general, younger people don't hold such hateful views.

Most people have better and more important things to do than obsess over the lives of gay people. You obviously are not one of them.

If you mean I am not obsessing over it you are right. But that does not mean I accept it. No, in general the younger generation are not well educated enough, nor have they lived long enough to form any real views of their own. The younger generation, for the most part, accept and believe what they are fed by the media without any rational thought. In reality, most have no views of their own they are just parrots until a better viewpoint comes along.

• Like 2

55555555555555 Your intelligent comeback astounds me.

That's because clearly you are the one that is not very intelligent. What I said is just a fact. The older, bigoted generation is dying off. In general, younger people don't hold such hateful views.

Most people have better and more important things to do than obsess over the lives of gay people. You obviously are not one of them.

If you mean I am not obsessing over it you are right. But that does not mean I accept it. No, in general the younger generation are not well educated enough, nor have they lived long enough to form any real views of their own. The younger generation, for the most part, accept and believe what they are fed by the media without any rational thought. In reality, most have no views of their own they are just parrots until a better viewpoint comes along.

Let's see, I rather doubt your values have significantly changed since you were fed lies about gay people when you were young. Please feel free to correct me, if you thought gay people were OK in the past but changed when you ossified
  • Like 2

I wonder what you base your views on, and how educated you really are. Why is that many old people think that just getting old makes them wise.

• Like 2

I wonder what you base your views on, and how educated you really are. Why is that many old people think that just getting old makes them wise.

I have always wondered the same. It seems like so many ignorant old people simply invoke "age" as the indicator of their perceived brilliance. Beyond pathetic.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes, and a vast majority also support stricter gun control. Doesn't mean that the politicians will do their job and represent their constituents. It just means the gun lobbyists and the religious lobbyists will have to spend more money lobbying (bribing) their corrupt congressmen.

The courts will eventually take care of the situation. The equal protection clause applies to all Americans in the US.

Protection actually goes beyond "all Americans" in the US. America does not discriminate based on nationality. So protection applies to all "peoples" in America. Equality under the law in Thailand is guaranteed to only "Thais."

Some off-topic, inflammatory posts and replies removed. You may disagree with a poster, but they do have the right to express their opinion. Please keep the discussion civil.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes, and a vast majority also support stricter gun control. Doesn't mean that the politicians will do their job and represent their constituents. It just means the gun lobbyists and the religious lobbyists will have to spend more money lobbying (bribing) their corrupt congressmen.

The courts will eventually take care of the situation. The equal protection clause applies to all Americans in the US.

Protection actually goes beyond "all Americans" in the US. America does not discriminate based on nationality. So protection applies to all "peoples" in America. Equality under the law in Thailand is guaranteed to only "Thais."

Not correct. There's tons of things that foreigners are not automatically (or in some cases, ever) allowed to do. ( example : employment example 2 : be President.)

This, however, is off topic. Try immigrating to the US with a Thai spouse. It is not automatic. (I think I won't have issues when we try, including his green card.. But I am lucky!)

The world, or some of it, is growing up in some ways but sadly not in others. I was pleased to note that my native Scotland legalised same sex marriage a few weeks back, as did the state of Alabama; although for Alabama its a minor step really from Same-family marriages to same Sex marriages! Trrrrrrr, TSh!

On the downside we are all still wrecking the planet, killing each other in wars, and letting ourselves be <deleted> backwards by big banking and corporations.

Can't have it all I suppose.

Alabama its a minor step really from Same-family marriages...

You speaking from personal experience big boy...or just trying to be funny...?

If a man was meant to marry another man then they would have been created with the ability to conceive

This is the epitome of a bigoted statement at worst, or a naive/ignorant one at best. Marriage is a legal contract between two individuals (religious to some). The ability to "conceive" has absolutely nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

If a man was meant to marry another man then they would have been created with the ability to conceive

So you would deny marriage to men who are impotent? Women who are barren?

Marriage in the US is secular (as it is in Thailand)

• Like 2

I neither support or oppose, it isn't any of my business. If people aren't hurting others they should be able to do as they please, and it certainly isn't the government's business.

Out of curiosity, could you answer the 2 questions in post 17? Marriage equality is about much more than just a piece of paper.

This is the epitome of a bigoted statement at worst, or a naive/ignorant one at best. Marriage is a legal contract between two individuals (religious to some). The ability to "conceive" has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Not naive, ignorant or bigoted, I just believe a marriage is between a man and a woman

• Like 2

I think TV posts crap thread like this and in particular anything US based just to stir the pot. Its obvious they are anti-US and post just to make trouble. Just today a thread popped up about a US train derailment. Dont fall into this BS people, its too divisive of a topic to debate civilly.

Not naive, ignorant or bigoted, I just believe a marriage is between a man and a woman

Your "belief" does not match current reality. Yes you can marry a dude now! Assuming you're a dude.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Your beliefs are outdated. You didn't answer my questions regarding denying marriage to people unable to conceive but of opposite genders.

• Like 2

Your "belief" does not match current reality. Yes you can marry a dude now! Assuming you're a dude.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Two dudes being together is repulsive and wrong

• Like 1

Yeah....keep telling yourself that.

So what about someone who believes interracial marriage is wrong? Is that person a racist, or is it just what they "believe"?

You are a bigot.....plain and simple. You are trying to obstruct the rights of other based on something you claim to "believe" because these people have a different sexual orientation than you. You know.....America did that once to African Americans. Sure is embarrassing looking back on that......(well, maybe not to someone like you....but it is to the majority of us). This is no different.

Nothing wrong with interracial marriages as long as it is male/female

And to the other person about not being able to conceive ... yes they should still be able to get married as long as it is female / male

and another thing ... why do so many gays feel the need to announce they are gay?

like that NFL wanna be, or the CNN anchor, or the UK rugby player?

Why the need to publicize it?

You do not see hetro's making similar announcements

So I would like to announce to all TV readers ... I am straight .. I love women

Cannot wait to read stickboys column on me coming out as a straight man who loves women

Maybe if gays stopped trying to force it down peoples throat they would be more accepted