Route 324 to Kanchanaburi.

Anyone rode the route 324 to Kanchanaburi from Don Muang railway station. Going on another road trip from Phichit to Pattaya, then to Don Muang, staying in a hotel there I always use, then going to Kanchanaburi, stay there and look around, then back through Nakhon Sawan to Phichit.

What is the road like from Don Muang to Kanchanaburi? Anyone know?

Not sure of the road numbers as my map shows 324 heading NE from Kan toward Suphanburi. The 323 runs from west BKK to Kan.....not my preferred route. Just the other day I did DM to Kan. Headed up to Rangsit, then on the 346 to Lat Lum Kaeo, Bang Len, Kamphaeng Saen, Phanom Thuan and then 324 sw to Kan.

Much quieter route than the 323.

Edited by apetley
  • Like 1

Not sure of the road numbers as my map shows 324 heading NE from Kan toward Suphanburi. The 323 runs from west BKK to Kan.....not my preferred route. Just the other day I did DM to Kan. Headed up to Rangsit, then on the 346 to Lat Lum Kaeo, Bang Len, Kamphaeng Saen, Phanom Thuan and then 324 sw to Kan.

Much quieter route than the 323.

It's actually route 346, according to Google Earth, it is the shortest route to Kanchanaburi from Don Muang railway station, you go up the Song Prapha road at the big Temple, you also hit the 323 and 324. I think that's the one you mean. Maybe I read it wrong the first time.

It's always how I go to Kan.

It's handy to have a GPS if you haven't done it before. The ducks under one main road in a weird u-turn that allows you to continue going straight.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/13.9230359,100.6013445/Kanchanaburi+War+Cemetery+Ban+Tai+Kanchanaburi+Thailand/@13.929758,100.1619956,10z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x30e374c10f33f993:0x3799c533e13af3c3!2m2!1d99.525804!2d14.031756!3e0

• Like 1

That would be this part here.

As for the road, nothing bad, your average intercity Thai roads, no real bad patches. Just perhaps watchout at stoplights for raised divets due to the overweight trucks on the melting tarmac.

As for the road, nothing bad, your average intercity Thai roads, no real bad patches. Just perhaps watchout at stoplights for raised divets due to the overweight trucks on the melting tarmac.

Great help, thanks, I have went through it all now on google Earth, and I know the U turn you are talking about.

I know nothing about GPS, as I am doing road trips, I will need someone to show me how it works.

Great help, thanks, I have went through it all now on google Earth, and I know the U turn you are talking about.

I know nothing about GPS, as I am doing road trips, I will need someone to show me how it works.

I would recommend getting a Garmin from the 2nd floor in Fortune City, Ratchada. Their shop is near the upstairs entrance for Tesco Lotus.

Very nice and helpful, English spoken almost fluently.

Cheapest model will be about 3500b. But then you need a RAM mount etc. etc. and these add up. Probably around 6-7k baht and you'll have a topclass holder and adapter for your motorbike. Not some Thai (DELETED) Language.

They're utterly fantastic for traveling.

Just hit the button for:

Hotels.

entertainment.

food.

gas

historical monuments

etc etc

(each of these will also have a subfolder -Western Food, Asian Food, Fast food, Vegetarian food etc.)

Just press whichever one and it will show you the closest 50 or so of each, you press whichever one and it leads to directly there on the map.

• Like 2

I would recommend getting a Garmin from the 2nd floor in Fortune City, Ratchada. Their shop is near the upstairs entrance for Tesco Lotus.

Very nice and helpful, English spoken almost fluently.

Cheapest model will be about 3500b. But then you need a RAM mount etc. etc. and these add up. Probably around 6-7k baht and you'll have a topclass holder and adapter for your motorbike. Not some Thai (DELETED) Language.

They're utterly fantastic for traveling.

Just hit the button for:

Hotels.

entertainment.

food.

gas

historical monuments

etc etc

(each of these will also have a subfolder -Western Food, Asian Food, Fast food, Vegetarian food etc.)

Just press whichever one and it will show you the closest 50 or so of each, you press whichever one and it leads to directly there on the map.

Thanks Mr HoHo, I will look into all this.