Where To Buy Baby Stuff?

familyman

I'm new in Pattaya and would appreciate suggestions on where to buy a decent cot. I've looked in the supermarkets and so far have only seen flimsy-looking travel cots.

Also, I would like to get washable swimming nappies and a sit-in swimming float for our baby. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. :o

I'm new in Pattaya and would appreciate suggestions on where to buy a decent cot. I've looked in the supermarkets and so far have only seen flimsy-looking travel cots.

Also, I would like to get washable swimming nappies and a sit-in swimming float for our baby. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. :o

Brown Farm...it's on the Sukhumvit, left side as you drive from Lotus towards South Pattaya intersection. Not very prominent, you would have to drive slowly to spot it. Althought they put up a large sign.

Some nice things there but sporadic, you may be in doubt to take something just because it is avaliable now. It is not cheap.

For big shopping, I would go to Bangkok. Whole of Pattaya together would not have as much of baby stuff as half a floor at the Paragon or Emporium.

Brown Farm...it's on the Sukhumvit, left side as you drive from Lotus towards South Pattaya intersection. Not very prominent, you would have to drive slowly to spot it. Althought they put up a large sign.

Baby stores are scarce. Doesn't really make much sense considering all the expecting mothers/newborns/babies in Pattaya.

Brown Farm has some nice things, wooden playsets and things, but mostly for older kids and pretty expensive (previously this shop was located in the Pattaya Bazaar building near Dolphin Circle).

There are also a set of shops upstairs in Mike Shopping Mall (on Beach Road), "Sunstory" etc. This is the only place I've found non-woven diaper liners.

One time we got a free swimming nappy as a promotion, taped to a pack of regular nappies, but I've never seen them for sale. If you do find some, please post a follow-up.

• 2 months later...

We have a beautiful wooden traditional cot our baby sleeps in at present - unfortunately due to the packing volume it is not cost effective to ship it along with our personal effects when we land in LOS end of the month :o so I will also be on the lookout for a nice cot (have a travel cot also but they are only a temporary solution and it does your back no good all that bending and lifting)