Local places to escape the smoke? @higher elevations

seesip

Looking for some places not far from Chiang Mai/Mae Rim that are high enough to have cleaner air. Preferably with an Internet connection. Anyone been to any guest houses/hotel/resorts that would work? I've been up around Mon Chaem a few times but not recently so not sure if the air is any different up there right now?

It is not local, but I spent last week in Doi Mae Salong and the air quality was quite good. I think a combination of elevation and almost no burning (that I could see) in the areas within Santikhiri town may have helped. Left Mae Salong Nov 9 at 4pm and by the time we got down to Mae Chan the haze was very bad, even worse in Chiang Rai city. We also passed 2 seemingly out of control fires along the highway from CR to CM last night. This will be my first year in CM during burning season - previous 2 years I lived in muang Chiang Rai, but I spent most of the month somewhere else and the way things are shaping up here in CM today I think I will leave sometime this week or weekend.

I think you have to het REALLY far up. Like the top of Doi Inthanon. But you can't really stay there.

Samoeng is also a valley; it may at time be slightly better, it may at times be worse.

Me? I'm of to Hua Hin.

Yes. "Up" doesn't do it. Hear, hear for Hua Hin.