Unaccompanied kids coming to Thailand

Does anyone have experience of unaccompanied kids entering Thailand?

My 15 year old daughter is coming to visit me. She has travelled a lot and sometimes on her own.

Am just trying to understand what she may face at immigration.

Thanks

She should not have a problem with immigration with either a visa exempt entry (not a VOA) or a tourist visa.

If she will be staying longer than 30 days getting a tourist visa would be the best option.

It might be wise to have a letter from you giving her permission to travel to here.

For children traveling between the age of 5 to 17 years old one must contact their local THAI office to make reservations and request a special assistance & handling form for unaccompanied minors.

Upon arrival at the destination, THAI’s ground staff will accompany the child from the aircraft through all the arrival procedures until they meet the appointed guardian, who must identify themselves in order to pick up the child.

http://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/plan_my_trip/travel_information/Unaccompanied_Minors.page

• Like 1

it should be noted that some airlines will not accept unaccompanied minors anymore, as noted by Poorsucker, Thai still does

Add British Airways http://www.britishairways.com/en-sg/information/special-assistance/children-travelling-alone

And Emirates http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_book/essential_information/unaccompanied_minors.aspx

Both of them allow kids 12 and over to travel without assistance from them.

She should have written permission allowing her to travel and have details and contact address for both you and the mother to make things easier, all just in case she is questioned. And be sure she is brought and picked up at the airport.

Other than that they might want to make sure she has permission to travel and is not in any danger all should be a breeze.

I did with grandkids But because of red tape I flew out picked them up and flew here with them because mainly of the change of flight in Taipei also daughter have certified letter stating that if needs happens I can make choice's needed. Also flew back with them but hey was worth it they had a blast flying in business class with Grandpa. Also got a lot of attention for me from the ladies he he he.whistling.gif Especially on return flight back alone.

Edited by Strangebrew

• 9 months later...