12 year old girl killed in East Pattaya hit-and-run road crash

webfact

12 year old girl killed in East Pattaya hit-and-run road crash

PATTAYA: -- A 12 year old girl later died from her injuries after she was involved in a road crash as her father took her to school on Tuesday Morning.

The crash occurred in Soi Siam Country Club as Khun Sahabordin aged 44 was taking his daughter, Khun Parinya to school on his motorbike.

The bike collided with a Toyota Vigo pick-up truck whose driver decided not to stop at the scene. The Father sustained relatively minor injuries but the 12 year old girl was seriously injured and was rushed to Hospital where she later succumbed to her injuries.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/175577/12-year-old-girl-killed-in-east-pattaya-hit-and-run-road-crash/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-03-11

(Thai logic): I made a baby and love her very much but don't you dare ask me to protect her head or mine with a helmet! What's the worse that can happen?

With your logic, why most tourist and most expats never ever wear a helmet too, at least in Samui almost none of themcoffee1.gif

(Thai logic): I made a baby and love her very much but don't you dare ask me to protect her head or mine with a helmet! What's the worse that can happen?

With your logic, why most tourist and most expats never ever wear a helmet too, at least in Samui almost none of themcoffee1.gif

Yes, but they're NOT under the care and supervision of an adult who makes the

decision for them NOT to wear a helmet....

• Like 2

not wearing a helmet or any protective clothing has nothing to do with being thai. i see foreigners doing this every day. fact.

Far to many Motor bike/car accident happens in Thailand, First off, no helmets. The 44 year old father should know better. As far as the truck goes, he should of stopped, but now regardless who hit whom he will be labeled as the guilty one fleeing. More than likely the motor bike hit the truck. Seen it time and time again, these motor bike operators do not look both ways before entering a major road. They have the impression of right of way, regardless of who or what is coming down the road. When driving myself, when I see motor bikes approaching me from either side, I slow down to see what their motives are, I take my time. I let them in, let them do what ever enters their mind. For I know being a foreigner in Thailand, they have the right of way, regardless of rules of the road. So be vigilant, one careless

move on their error or yours, will make your stay here miserable. My heart goes out to the young girl, but a helmet is a must over here!

"... More than likely the motor bike hit the truck. Seen it time and time again..."

Nothing like a bit of unfounded speculation to add some reality to a thread, is here? Did you see it again this time, you witnessed it?

"For I know being a foreigner in Thailand, they have the right of way, regardless of rules of the road."

If only we could all be as knowledgeable as you regarding urban myths, Coco. What you posted must be correct if you say so.

Edited by Sviss Geez

Blessings on the girl, but is it really doing any good to give blessing on the deceased when so many of them are simply collateral damage of a society that does not think?

No one even thinks to ask if the father should be partly to blame for not making his girl wear a helmet, or if he had one on, or if he had a valid license to drive, or insurance, or legally owned the bike and had it properly registered. No one thinks about the motorbike driving behavior here and how it might be considered a danger to the driver, passengers and everyone around. No one thinks that the rules of the road here, as written by licensing agencies are so ludicrous and illogical and ignored. No one thinks along these lines, and with that sort of behavior is going to get this kind of consequence every time. This also goes to the driver of the automobile.

The emotions here that people feel after the fact are the same kind of emotions that got them into the predicament in the first place. No thinking... no reaction to the thinking... just emotions, and reaction to those emotions.

But again...blessings on the girl.

• Like 1

The worst part of this is that the father who lost his child will carry on driving motobike without a helmet. Not that it matters much, most Thais wear cheap Big C helmets. Karma will decide if you die so protection is not needed.

• Like 1

Thais will do their own thing regardless of the law, let alone safety.

No policing plays a big factor .

No government "crackdowns" on not wearing a safety helmet also plays a major factor.

Put all these facts together and it's no wonder 71 road deaths happen daily.

Blessings on the girl, but is it really doing any good to give blessing on the deceased when so many of them are simply collateral damage of a society that does not think?

No one even thinks to ask if the father should be partly to blame for not making his girl wear a helmet, or if he had one on, or if he had a valid license to drive, or insurance, or legally owned the bike and had it properly registered. No one thinks about the motorbike driving behavior here and how it might be considered a danger to the driver, passengers and everyone around. No one thinks that the rules of the road here, as written by licensing agencies are so ludicrous and illogical and ignored. No one thinks along these lines, and with that sort of behavior is going to get this kind of consequence every time. This also goes to the driver of the automobile.

The emotions here that people feel after the fact are the same kind of emotions that got them into the predicament in the first place. No thinking... no reaction to the thinking... just emotions, and reaction to those emotions.

Well said!

Most people, Thais and others, believe the wearing of a crash helmet is in order to comply with the law, which says that an operator of a motorcycle is required to wear a helmet.

Few would answer first and foremost it is to protect the most vulnerable part of the body, the head, in an accident.

When you see people wearing an unbuckled helmet it is to comply with the law only, as the helmet will fall off the head in an accident.

Many times I see police officers riding either with a cloth cap (usually a more senior officer) who, of course, is above the law, or an unbuckled helmet which serves no use at all.

The actual enforcement of helmet laws is extremely lax, mainly because the police are too lazy, or inefficient to enforce it.

It is just too much trouble unless money can be made from it. This is usually done under bridges and dark places where they wait to pounce.

• Like 2

not wearing a helmet or any protective clothing has nothing to do with being thai. i see foreigners doing this every day. fact.

I have seen pink ferlung in hua-hin riding without hats on ( hence pink ) with a child on the back , in their country there is a reason for wearing crash hats but here they know so much better. No sympathy whatsoever if they crash and spill thier brains.

Well said!

Most people, Thais and others, believe the wearing of a crash helmet is in order to comply with the law, which says that an operator of a motorcycle is required to wear a helmet.

Few would answer first and foremost it is to protect the most vulnerable part of the body, the head, in an accident.

When you see people wearing an unbuckled helmet it is to comply with the law only, as the helmet will fall off the head in an accident.

Many times I see police officers riding either with a cloth cap (usually a more senior officer) who, of course, is above the law, or an unbuckled helmet which serves no use at all.

The actual enforcement of helmet laws is extremely lax, mainly because the police are too lazy, or inefficient to enforce it.

It is just too much trouble unless money can be made from it. This is usually done under bridges and dark places where they wait to pounce.

Same goes for foreigners who wear flimsy bicycle helmets on a motorbike. May as well not bother and would be about as effective as wearing the unbuckled helmet you refer to