New 1155 and 1111 hotline launched for foreigners

webfact

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complaint alert.

For starters I don't want or need a hotline any way, that is what religion is for thank you. It will almost certainly quickly become a complete farce if it hasn't already.

That out of focus "news" photo at a bad angle of the kind of late 1950's haired people that staff university inactive broom closet positions...riggghhht...looks like we are off to roaring start.

That others are saying it has already been in place for years makes it look as tho we are being fibbed to about it as well. Great. I'm beside myself. Even the number 1155. The creators are just having a laugh at what they think is your expense.

Kick me in the butt if I'm wrong next year and 100's have escaped the clutches of theives, rapists, samurai sword weilding thrill seeking teens, and unscrupulous fruit vendors thanks to the altruistic and attentive folks at 1155.

was around 9 yrs ago when I 1st came

About a year ago while in Bangkok I had an emergency near Ekamai/Sukhumvit. The hotline was unreachable and completely inoperable. ie. completely useless, no one answered or could not connect.

I suspect.... could be wrong... this will be more of the same.

so we had to wait till 2015 to have someting like this come up in thailand that is full of tourists.

now waiting for a decent ambulance system instead of those stupid volunteers protectung coming up in ... 2120 ( FARANG YEAR NA!!)

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

The 1111 hotline sort of works and you can also go in person. The devil is in the detail which is mentioned in the article. All that office does if you can explain clearly enough is to fob you off to some other existing government office from where you will be directed to another department usually located elsewhere and then directed to another - round and round Bangkok and probably the province the problem originated i. Round and round you will go being the buck that never stops because no government office will take responsibility. So you will achieve nothing most likely except get giddy and poor from all the travelling. Been there, done that!

It makes for a lovely comforting news bite for all the naive people living here though. You might think something might actually happen in which case good luck!

Edited by timewilltell

About a year ago while in Bangkok I had an emergency near Ekamai/Sukhumvit. The hotline was unreachable and completely inoperable. ie. completely useless, no one answered or could not connect.

Sadly that matches the result I heard of from someone here in the Pattaya area that was in desperate need of some assistance.

An emergency number that is unreliable is hardly helpful.

Thank goodness we have another two hot lines (on top of the other array of lines that doesn't work). I am relieved that I finally can call a number and get all the support and understanding that only can come from such a dedicated, honest and upstanding police force and government organization, all which are closely nit together and works in perfect harmony and synchronously expedites all complaints as a well oiled machine.

I can imagine calling one of those lines.......:

halloooooo.....

hello, I am in trouble and need help!

hellllooooo.....

I said I am in trouble and need help, this tuck tuck guy.....(interrupted by)....

halllooooooo......

Can you please send someone to help me corner of sukhumvit and nana, I have a tuck tuck driver that want me to pay 10,000 baht for a 3 minute ride!

Allaina...? mee khon phuut allai? line cut.......

Edited by AlQaholic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

New 1155 hotline launched for foreigners

The short tourist police number 1155 exists already for years.

At closer inspection you will find that they have switched the first and second digits around and thereby created the "new" numbers, which people will find more easy to remember. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJARfU4 alt=coffee1.gif width=32 height=24>

Aaah, that explains why the guy kept asking if I wanted "extra toppings" !

New 1155 hotline launched for foreigners
BANGKOK: -- The Tourist Police Division has been ordered by the PM's Office to open 1155 hotline for receiving complaints of foreigners, Deputy Permanent Secretary for PM's Office Chamroen Yuttithamsakulsa said.
The hotline will receive complaints on urgent issues and there will be interpreters to help police receive the complaints.
nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-03-11

1155 been around for several years but no-one speaks English as usual that's even if they bother to answer at all.

Just tried twice at 12.25 & 12.27 but constantlt engaged tone ...pathetic !

Announcement of this consider worthing news including actions, enthusiastic and competency. When they say 24hrs they must really have people on standby 24hrs including meal times. Assess the importance of the caller issue. They really need to set up a good call center. 1111 is a hotline for the WHOLE nation. Imagine the numbers of callers. The public also need to understand sometimes the line can be busy. For crime issue, the hotline staff should assist them directly ,it may save their life. The hotline system should coordinate with other enforcer department especially the police. Unless all the government department especially police 191 have provide English speaking operator. It will also redundant after the hotline staff pass to the respective department and no one speak English. How are they going to assist the foreigners? Unless the 1111 is a super multi-task hotline. They need to work out this soon, don't forget we are now in ASEAN.

Why are there so many hotlines now?

One number (i prefer 1111) would be enough i guess?

And i hope all farang on TV write their experience with those hotlines here on this thread so the General can read himself what we think of it.

Why are there so many hotlines now?

One number (i prefer 1111) would be enough i guess?

And i hope all farang on TV write their experience with those hotlines here on this thread so the General can read himself what we think of it.

As per another thread where you posted, i used 1111 on a number of occasions

This is one example for you.

A bar opened up right next to my business, blasting music from 10 pm to 4am.

Called 1111, provided all the info, bar was closed down by the next night.

But no doubt the know it all negativity and co, would continue to bash anything, even without having any experience with it.thumbsup.gif

Sigh..........the usual response from some TV members.....whine, complain, berate and otherwise criticize the country they choose to live in. Then when Thai authorities try to address issues of complaint, the same people whine, complain, berate and otherwise criticize the country they choose to live in.

What a sorry bunch.

Without meaning to sound negative, it is indeed true that both of these hotline numbers have been in operation for quite some time. They're hardly new, contrary to the OP report, but I have had experience with both of them.

For the 1111 government info hotline, when I've called it, they've always answered and I've usually gotten a passably English speaking operator. Passing grade.

For the 1155 police hotline, when I've called it, they've oftentimes not answered it or the person answering could barely speak any English at all. Failing grade.

I don't want to hear ever again, from anybody, that this government does not care about us foreigners.

Happiness to Thai people and a little happiness to the foreigners.

I believe it's more to come.

Visa relaxation perhaps?

You never know..........miracles do happen sometimes..........

Costas are you on the government payroll as a public relations outlet or something?

No, He just says as he sees it . I wish more people did . go Costas!!!!

Without meaning to sound negative, it is indeed true that both of these hotline numbers have been in operation for quite some time. They're hardly new, contrary to the OP report, but I have had experience with both of them.

For the 1111 government info hotline, when I've called it, they've always answered and I've usually gotten a passably English speaking operator. Passing grade.

For the 1155 police hotline, when I've called it, they've oftentimes not answered it or the person answering could barely speak any English at all. Failing grade.

In fairness, tourist police are pretty useless with very limited powers or access.

Really not sure why anyone would call them to lodge any kind of complaints.

Wow. You are really smart aren't you. I tell you what, call 1155 now to report somebody is trying to kill you. And then be kind and share you're experience with the rest of us.

How about growing a brain and using it for a changerolleyes.gif

1155 is NOT emergency hotline, DOH!!! 191 is

I don't want to hear ever again, from anybody, that this government does not care about us foreigners.

Visa relaxation perhaps?

Costas 2008, please take a look at the problems foreigners are having at Korat Immigration, then tell me about all the happiness.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/808245-korat-immigration-retirement-extension-said-next-year-must-bring-wife/

Visa relaxation perhaps?

This government does not care about foreigners. There I've said it

Now what it does care about is the ever increasing bad publicity the the place is getting and the loss of tourist and expat money as people find cheaper friendlier places to visit and live.

Care about foreigners, you havin a laugh ,have you ever tried calling one of these numbers ?

Visa relaxation perhaps?

This government does not care about foreigners. There I've said it

Now what it does care about is the ever increasing bad publicity the the place is getting and the loss of tourist and expat money as people find cheaper friendlier places to visit and live.

Care about foreigners, you havin a laugh ,have you ever tried calling one of these numbers ?

for the 10th time, i have and very satisfied.

In case you failed to read, just as many others failed, 1111 is NOT foreigner help line, but a government complaint hotline which NOW has English speakers to take complaints from foreigners.

May be you can name a country where foreigners are primary concern for the government?whistling.gif