New 1155 and 1111 hotline launched for foreigners

webfact

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Isaan the hot llne for police is 191.

Tried that 3 days ago when some smartie entered my wife"s shop while she was briefly outside the glass back door,did a circuit

of the counter and unplugged the cash register,and departed by vehicle.

So I arrived home shortly after it happened and gave 191 a try..I asked to be connected to our local police station,5 kms away,

to report a theft. Reply was in Thai of course. Then silence about a minute later another voice asked"can you speak Thai?"

I requested to be connected to our local police station which I named. Waited a couple of minutes then "CLICK" gone.

Just surmising if the reply had been prompt,and some one could turn their brain on, there was a chance to intercept the thief.

We are on a major highway, 212 which has check points on both north and south lanes approx 2kms from where we are..

Toooooooooooooooooooo Late

That sucks but it might help to actually speak Thai in Thailand, where the only official language is Thai. Particularly if you live out in the sticks where English is rarely spoken.

Wow Costas,the government sets up a hotline and your simple little mind thinks that all of a sudden they care about foreigners. How preposterous. By the way. Have you sorted out your visa problems yet.

Because where u come from, nobody needs a visa?!? All categories and nationalities can come and stay how they want...

I don't want to hear ever again, from anybody, that this government does not care about us foreigners.

Happiness to Thai people and a little happiness to the foreigners.

I believe it's more to come.

Visa relaxation perhaps?

You never know..........miracles do happen sometimes..........

Then I would suggest that you stay away from TVF then.

Now I know why I hardly ever look at THAI VISA anymore. A positive announcement, Thailand is forthcoming on foreigners... And most comments just need to be negative, trying to put Thailand and Thai people in a bad daylight... I'm sooooo damn tired to read all the crappy comments.... If ur tired of living here, if u don't like visiting Thailand.. Then just don't! Or go home... And if ur bored or drunk, go try and find something interesting to do... There must be a few breads of humans, the people that matter, the people that just need to open their mouth, like ducks... Probably Sharing the same interests and QI...

Have you actually been in a position where you needed assistance here and the process either failed or didn't work leaving you high and dry or stuck in a crappy situation? Doesn't sound like it. Did you others have. People's perspective change quickly when they go from judging people to actually being judged after having their own bad experience. I for one applaud any positive change that helps foriegners in this country but not when it's not done in a way that provides more failures and bad experiences than it does benefits. Maybe that's just the engineer in me but as someone else observantly mentioned, getting things integrated and functioning properly around here isn't the norm. I don't think we need to mention specifics.

I see ur as fast as judging me, as u are to judge a new number just put in place. I'm not referring to the 1155. So, where u come from, there is tourist police and a special number for foreigners to call? And, u think that if u had a bad experience, that everybody else's can't be good? And, u didn't notice that systematically everything that concerns Thailand is made fun of, or getting free insults? But ok, let's state it's all so shitty and terrible. Make a move, get comfortable.. Decide what U need to do

Seems like your really upset about something. Do you want to share. Also seems like you don't have the capacity to focus on the darn subject. You come in here crying about reading negative comments as if TV comments ruined your day. Go to YouTube and watch funny videos if peoples real concerns, thoughts and experiences bother you so much. Since you don't seem to to understand the difference between complaining about government policies and how they affect foreigners versus Thailand and Thai people in general, let me break it down for you. (quite simple). Governments are in place to serve their citizens and surprisingly they have control over creating policy that govern those that visit their country (oh and contribute to their bottom line i.e. tourism $$$$). When there are major issues (from murders to systems, programs and laws not working effectively), we ALL have a right to discuss, complain, criticize, react, applaud, rejoice or whatever the hell we want to do. That's what a forum is buddy. If you don't like, hit the road. By the way, I love Thailand, and I love Thai people (notice I didn't say all) and I dislike people complaining just as much as the next person. What I hate worse are people that click a link to TV and the first thing out of their mouth are comments about their feelings about the comments. Do us all a favor stop coming to TV if you can't handle the comments. Instead of crying about other peoples reactions or thoughts, you could've told us what you thought about the new hotline numbers and your own experience.

Lastly, go grab a beer man and chill. I'll have one in your honor.

Edited by fanof3d

WOW! How to de-fuse all the coup hating TVF posters in one fell swoop. Their own hot line, direct to the general, so they will imagine in their own delusions of self importance.

Advantage #1. They can complain about the coup emergency, the emergency lack of democracy, the emergency lack of elections and all their other usual hobby horses and stay away from TVF until.....

Advantage #2 Until..... they are deported and then we get them back!!!!!!! Damn!

P.S. Seriously, many Falangs with genuine problems will probably find it a huge help and hopefully a red-tape-cutting God-send.

"Good one General!" If the right people are on the phones, a really neat trick. (and don't be too hard on the trouble-makers. They bring in at least a 100,000THB a month each. and may one day learn to appreciate you.

Edited by The Deerhunter

I don't want to hear ever again, from anybody, that this government does not care about us foreigners.

Visa relaxation perhaps?

Please come again when you finally understand that all this BS is just marketing and that they are actively doing NOTHING.

Until then I will repeat as much as you like that nobody cares about foreigners in this country !

The only BS is your post, utter nonsense , without a clue at all.

1111 has been in operation for years for complaints not emergency as some seem to struggle to understand.

1111 is something like commonwealth ombudsman not police rescue services.

Introducing English speakers is just an added bonus to assist with complaint handling.

I guess this is why there are foreigner living good life and those who do not stop to whine about being victims.

But please ignore this along with others, so 1111 will have more time for dealing with complaints and assisting people with common sense.

So why bother posting old news these numbers have been around for years ..

I do not know, using little brain, one of the reasons so that people know such agency exist?whistling.gif and now offers English as well.

But no doubt thats hard to comprehend,But, do not you speak fluent Thai after studying for 4 months?, so you should have known of such agencyw00t.gif

Operator ... !! please help me ... I've been robbed .. !!!

Hellooow ... hellooow ... giggle !!

Please .. please ..... can I speak to someone in english ... !! quickly please !!

Helllooow ..... giggle .... giggle ..... no sapeek ingrit ... ...............................................cut

And what happens at 12 PM when its " gin Khao " time-no reply?facepalm.gif

Visa relaxation perhaps?

Please come again when you finally understand that all this BS is just marketing and that they are actively doing NOTHING.

Until then I will repeat as much as you like that nobody cares about foreigners in this country !

1111 has been in operation for years for complaints not emergency as some seem to struggle to understand.

Introducing English speakers is just an added bonus to assist with complaint handling.

I guess this is why there are foreigner living good life and those who do not stop to whine about being victims.

But please ignore this along with others, so 1111 will have more time for dealing with complaints and assisting people with common sense.

Think someone have to call 1111 because Konying is getting aggressive ....

Visa relaxation perhaps?

Think someone have to call 1111 because Konying is getting aggressive ....

3 pages, 95% of it full of drivel from people without a clue.

People who never used the service, people who do not comprehend the difference between emergency and complaint hotlines.

People who whine about anything and everything.

NO matter what government does, is never good enough for them.

Try the hotline before bashing it would be common sense and logic, but clearly a rare commodity among quality expats and expert once a year holiday makers.

the hotlines are the latest effort to extend assistance to foreigners

ahem, both of these lines have been around since years, I have called 1111 several times over the years for info. But, anyway, nice photo op with the usual officials standing ramrod straight and looking lively...

I've been here more than 20 years, and I've never heard of these services, so just goes to show how well they are advertised.....

Great idea, but going by some of the posts here, it's just a photo op for services that already existed. Now if they were saying they were investing in the services, training the staff, and had an ad campaign planned, then there'd be something to cheer about. By the sound of it, it's something similar to the British Embassy emergency service, which I've called once or twice during my time here, to no avail

ahem, both of these lines have been around since years, I have called 1111 several times over the years for info. But, anyway, nice photo op with the usual officials standing ramrod straight and looking lively...

I've been here more than 20 years, and I've never heard of these services, so just goes to show how well they are advertised.....

Great idea, but going by some of the posts here, it's just a photo op for services that already existed. Now if they were saying they were investing in the services, training the staff, and had an ad campaign planned, then there'd be something to cheer about. By the sound of it, it's something similar to the British Embassy emergency service, which I've called once or twice during my time here, to no avail

Just because you have not heard, does not mean it did not exist or was/ is not functional

Speaks more about your oblivion than the service itself.

See Consumer Protection agency's or Ombudsman services run prime time adverts or front page spreads in your home country?blink.png Why should it be any different in Thailandwhistling.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

About a year ago while in Bangkok I had an emergency near Ekamai/Sukhumvit. The hotline was unreachable and completely inoperable. ie. completely useless, no one answered or could not connect.

I had a similar occurrence where someone was chasing me to assault me and I called Tourist police many times. As in 2 other times - no answer. Useless, and nothing new anyhow

Visa relaxation perhaps?

Costas are you on the government payroll as a public relations outlet or something?

I think they slightly "over" adjusted his attitude.....

He can't seem to go down from that trip he is in anymore saai.gif

Let the guy be happy! He's not bothering anyone and living his dream in Ban Stepford.unsure.png

Now I know why I hardly ever look at THAI VISA anymore. A positive announcement, Thailand is forthcoming on foreigners... And most comments just need to be negative, trying to put Thailand and Thai people in a bad daylight... I'm sooooo damn tired to read all the crappy comments.... If ur tired of living here, if u don't like visiting Thailand.. Then just don't! Or go home... And if ur bored or drunk, go try and find something interesting to do... There must be a few breads of humans, the people that matter, the people that just need to open their mouth, like ducks... Probably Sharing the same interests and QI...

Have you actually been in a position where you needed assistance here and the process either failed or didn't work leaving you high and dry or stuck in a crappy situation? Doesn't sound like it. Did you others have. People's perspective change quickly when they go from judging people to actually being judged after having their own bad experience. I for one applaud any positive change that helps foriegners in this country but not when it's not done in a way that provides more failures and bad experiences than it does benefits. Maybe that's just the engineer in me but as someone else observantly mentioned, getting things integrated and functioning properly around here isn't the norm. I don't think we need to mention specifics.

I see ur as fast as judging me, as u are to judge a new number just put in place. I'm not referring to the 1155. So, where u come from, there is tourist police and a special number for foreigners to call? And, u think that if u had a bad experience, that everybody else's can't be good? And, u didn't notice that systematically everything that concerns Thailand is made fun of, or getting free insults? But ok, let's state it's all so shitty and terrible. Make a move, get comfortable.. Decide what U need to do

Seems like your really upset about something. Do you want to share. Also seems like you don't have the capacity to focus on the darn subject. You come in here crying about reading negative comments as if TV comments ruined your day. Go to YouTube and watch funny videos if peoples real concerns, thoughts and experiences bother you so much. Since you don't seem to to understand the difference between complaining about government policies and how they affect foreigners versus Thailand and Thai people in general, let me break it down for you. (quite simple). Governments are in place to serve their citizens and surprisingly they have control over creating policy that govern those that visit their country (oh and contribute to their bottom line i.e. tourism $$$$). When there are major issues (from murders to systems, programs and laws not working effectively), we ALL have a right to discuss, complain, criticize, react, applaud, rejoice or whatever the hell we want to do. That's what a forum is buddy. If you don't like, hit the road. By the way, I love Thailand, and I love Thai people (notice I didn't say all) and I dislike people complaining just as much as the next person. What I hate worse are people that click a link to TV and the first thing out of their mouth are comments about their feelings about the comments. Do us all a favor stop coming to TV if you can't handle the comments. Instead of crying about other peoples reactions or thoughts, you could've told us what you thought about the new hotline numbers and your own experience.

I rest my case to u, for ur so fixed to what u think is the truth.. Its not necessary to punish an idiot by telling him he is an idiot, he's already punished by the fact that he is an idiot.. That goes for u... And if anybody seems to have a problem, read back ur lines.. And u might learn something from urself... Nah... U wouldn't:) hahahaha

I rest my case to u, for ur so fixed to what u think is the truth.. Its not necessary to punish an idiot by telling him he is an idiot, he's already punished by the fact that he is an idiot.. That goes for u... And if anybody seems to have a problem, read back ur lines.. And u might learn something from urself... Nah... U wouldn't:) hahahaha

Just because you have not heard, does not mean it did not exist or was/ is not functional

Speaks more about your oblivion than the service itself.

See Consumer Protection agency's or Ombudsman services run prime time adverts or front page spreads in your home country?blink.png Why should it be any different in Thailandwhistling.gif

Don't know who put a stick up your backside today., but I never even inferred it didn't exist, so your statements are totally irrelevant and off target

My Oblivion? Please, you have no idea who I am and you make ridiculous statements like this? Actually I should know better than to respond to a troll like you, but perhaps just this once....

You don't have to run primetime adverts for it to be generally known by the public. On the other hand, of course advertising the service helps to get the services known, and thereby perform their function better.

Sheesh! some people!

About a year ago while in Bangkok I had an emergency near Ekamai/Sukhumvit. The hotline was unreachable and completely inoperable. ie. completely useless, no one answered or could not connect.

Quite right.

I was in a bind once; about 6 months ago. Called more than a dozen times the 1155 number with no answer. Just ring... ring... and more ringing until the call automatically terminated.

Then after all these calls someone answered. They told me that a patrol was nearby and would be there within minutes. An hour later I gave up. This was in Phuket where they are supposed to take care of tourists and foreigners. Well... maybe not the latter. Talk about being disconnected.

As usual nearly 100% negative comments to what is a positive announcement. Give it a chance for Gods sake. Am sure that if announcement such as no visas required for over 65s, would still get nothing but negativity on these pages. Unless locked up in jail to my knowledge no Westerner is being forced to live here against their will.

cynicism? Maybe.....but the record shows that these are far more froth than substance and it has all the hallmarks of a PR by a government that is getting a reputation for being essentially anti all things foreign.

If they promote and name emergency numbers, then there should be also exist a backbone, in form from technology and personnel.
A emergency number is only as good as its response time.

Are there any measurements from the past?
The prerequisite is that different languages are available quickly.

If that's not only good news or an idea,
then they need to invest in training and call center technology.

Edited by tomacht8

Complaint alert.

For starters I don't want or need a hotline any way, that is what religion is for thank you. It will almost certainly quickly become a complete farce if it hasn't already.

That out of focus "news" photo at a bad angle of the kind of late 1950's haired people that staff university inactive broom closet positions...riggghhht...looks like we are off to roaring start.

That others are saying it has already been in place for years makes it look as tho we are being fibbed to about it as well. Great. I'm beside myself. Even the number 1155. The creators are just having a laugh at what they think is your expense.

Kick me in the butt if I'm wrong next year and 100's have escaped the clutches of theives, rapists, samurai sword weilding thrill seeking teens, and unscrupulous fruit vendors thanks to the altruistic and attentive folks at 1155.

To our Prime Minister,

I salute you, sir!

Why are you thanking the Dear Leader for this? These numbers have been in existence for a long time. Are you just glad the government cares enough about you to "launch" something that already exists?