VV Refusal letter with very wrong details!

A friend of mines girlfriend was recently refused a tourist visit visa, upon reading the refusal letter it says my name instead of his as her boyfriend:

'You have stated an intention to travel to the UK in order to stay with your boyfriend, Mr James ......, a British National for a period of 6 months.

I was mentioned in her application as a friend that they would see when they were there, my friend was the sponsor, his name was all over it, bank statements etc everything you need to show yet in the refusal letter they have confused his details with mine, if they managed to get that wrong then what else have they got wrong, assumed, made a decision on etc??

My friends are very upset as you can imagine.

Any case for appeal or something????

Thanks

This is a difficult and disjointed thread to follow.

It would certainly be in your interest to post the relevant tracts of the refusal letter [omitting personal details].

Anyway, there is no right of appeal for a visit visa refusal, though your girlfriend could request a review. If the Embassy refuse a review then you have two options - forget it or apply again.

I'm assuming that "topdjdel" could possibly be the boyfriend/sponsor of the applicant, is that correct?

If the UKVI believe that the letter from the boss was a fake they could have banned her from applying again for ten years, did they do this?

It could well be that there were a number of reasons the application was refused, so a redacted copy of the refusal notice would help us give meaningful advice.

wooloomooloo is correct in saying that there is no right of appeal, but given the errors pointed out by BIGJIMMY, one does wonder if the decision was flawed.

The applicant can ask for the decision to be reviewed, I think you have to log it as a complaint now, however the applicant and her sponsor will need to consider if it's going to open up a can of worms.

Many thanks theoldgit, I'm sure your not however yes you are right. I am the boyfriend /sponsor.

I have looked and looked at the refusal and the reasons I think are errors made by us. They doubted her employment letter, I think my mistake as I said get a letter from her boss. Being Thai her boss is the same as a workmate in the UK. It was undated not signed and not on company logo paper. I accept this as an error on my part not thinking about HR at her employment. I think the embassy checked with them which leads to the other point, I'd said that it would be probability that she could be called in for an interview. I thought she stopped working in case of but I think she had stopped working all together.

So the view of the officer was working at the airport was a front to obtain a visa and on that basis was a fraudulent attempt to acquire a UK visa.

She wasn't banned from reapply but it's been noted that any other visa application maybe refused.

In my opinion silly errors which I think I have to blame myself for and I can understand how it looked for the officer.

However,

The refusal stating the wrong man to visit is in my opinion is totally unacceptable and yes can only make a complaint which I have. I have stated that it is unacceptable, if it were me I'd be sacked, it has caused distress the to the mentioned and his family and I have questioned the credibility of the officer as I as the sponsor checked or was the wrong man checked? As yet no response and to be fair do I expect one? No

I was married to a Thai before and all its done brought up all my bad memories of embassy work.

Bottom line is, life goes on they didn't beat me before and they won't beat me again. It's a blip bit of a big blip.