Thai Airways lounge

Please be more specific. There is a big difference between domestic, and international J and F.

I suggest you go to the specific website that offers flyer comments. Just google Thai air lounge reviews. The reviews typically reflect the comments of frequent flyers, myself included.

Decent food and drinks , but I do not think there is a bar like some of them ,

and I think it matters what time you go there , I am always there in the late morning -lunch time

and there are a couple of them in International , never went to the Domestic side

And you just need a Star Alliance gold card to get in

if you are going through Korea to the USA on Thai the Star Alliance lounge is not as good, pretty light on the food.

Best is the United Lounge at Narita, and the Eva lounge in Taiwan is good too......

There is wine ,and full bar available in the large lounge down from concourse D

You need to go to the bar ,separate from the food stations.

It is, admittedly, several months since I flew with Thai because they seem to be getting worse by the day - but there was never wine in the business class previously, spirits and beer yes, around the circular dais where all the high-carb snack are, but no wine. Unless there was a special wine area that I never discovered...

• Like 2

The Thai Business Class Lounge in Bangkok is nothing to write home about and the food is limited and average at best. The Qatar Business Class Lounge in Doha is the best I have ever been to and I am a frequent flyer. A Qatar Airways Gold Card will get you in. Check it out when in Doha.

• Like 1

I am no lounge snob but I've lived in airports the past 20 years and the Thai business class lounge is middling but serviceable. The food is not great and the bar is mostly not premium. Does not compare to Singapore, Virgin, Emirates, Qatar, ANZ, Cathay Pacific. Some of this does depend on the airport. But for a hub city, the business class lounges in Bangkok are a a few steps below what they should be. However, I bet they are due for an upgrade. As I recall when the airport opened in 1997 the lounges were not completed (along with the public restrooms) and were kind of rushed due to all of the complaints. Seems they cut corners.

First class lounges are always superb, if you can afford to fly first. Thai is no exception but I suspect they cater to airline execs, the royal family and other high level influentials.

Edited by pmarlowe
  • Like 1

It is, admittedly, several months since I flew with Thai because they seem to be getting worse by the day - but there was never wine in the business class previously, spirits and beer yes, around the circular dais where all the high-carb snack are, but no wine. Unless there was a special wine area that I never discovered...

they are spilled over on the evening time when most long hall flights depart;

no relax area free;

The quality ?

1* from 5 or 6 !!!

To get your spirit you have to walk to the entrance, there is a bar, wine ?

If you want to get a good launge, visit Istambul, best I ever had !

everything , bbq, pizzas, noodles - made fresh up in front of you,

a lot of space and entertainment ! 5* up, 6 I havnt seen yet !!

The Thai Business (Royal Silk) Class lounge in Suvarnabhumi is OK. Not great, not bad, just "OK". Better than the CIP lounge. The "food" choices were limited (as mentioned, more like 7/11 snacks), plenty of non-alcoholic drink choices (I rarely drink booze when I'm flying anymore so I don't really pay attention to what is available). The most annoying part was trying to find a decent place to sit, plug in the laptop and still have room to set a coffee down without worrying it will fall off the table.

I had been one time with my dinners club card. I had to pay 25 dollar to use it. It is worth it specially if you want to spend a long time waiting in the airport. If you just want to eat a burger king meal it cost you now around 400 Baht and you just get a junk food. The food is not so great in the lunge but you get few kind of hard and and soft drinks, you can relax on comfortable couch and I think you could even take a shower.

The First Class lounge is excellent. Often voted the best in the world. The ground services include buggy rides to and from the gate, Spa treatments, and expedited customs clearance. The gracious and warm Thai style is quite inviting.

The Business Class lounges are fine. Plenty to eat and drink and some have showers. If you are Star Alliance Gold you can also check out the Singapore Airlines lounge.

SunLover

I fly out of BKK at least once a month and nearly always on Thai which despite the usual knockers here is a good airline. Yes, it has had awful management after Amranand was removed by the idiot Taksin clan but it will recover

The F lounge is superb

Domestic business lounges are ok but no beer or other alcohol. Generally I am not bothered about this but when you do fancy a beer it is very annoying

However, it does have to be said that the international business lounges at what is the hub airport are well below the standard of their competitors. Overcrowded at late evening, warm beer or mixes from the always warm fridge, no wine at all (C corridor) and a very poor selection of food. This is something Thai really do need to address in order to fill the front of the planes again. If you are Star Alliance Gold and flying Thai you can use many other Star Alliance Lounges which so many do, this must cost Thai much more than it would to improve their own lounges.

To the OP, you will enjoy the experience even though it is not quite as good as it should be.

The other Star Alliance Gold accessible lounges at BKK are EVA (currently under renovation) and Singapore. Both have far better food and beverage service than any of TG's business class lounges.

I find the TG lounge food to be amongst the worse at BKK. For the western breakfast choice, you get hard boiled eggs in the shell (which you have to crack open) and some sort of processed pork product ham floating in water and grease. Other choices include a couple of kinds of dim sum (the choice was further limited a couple of months ago), white bread finger sandwiches, pastries and some fruit. Compare that to Emirates, and particularly when we are looking at TG's home base lounge. TG's food is a complete embarrassment. Singapore's BKK lounge has far better food, with many hot choices, and the alcohol is better as well, with good quality spirits and several wine selections. You can even have a fresh, young coconut there. EVA's has several hot choices and also pizza. Only TG do not serve wine at the C and E gate lounges. EVA and Singapore do. TG used to serve wine at their C and E lounges, but that was discontinued some time ago as part of their continuing downgrade of services.

You can still get wine at the main TG lounge, but as of a couple of years ago, they shut down the self-serve alcohol bars that were throughout the large lounge. Now, for alcohol, you must walk all the way to the bar, strategically located at one end of the lounge which is perhaps 300 metres long. That means a 600 metre round-trip for a drink if you are sitting at the far end. No doubt TG considered this as part of their cost savings. Thinking of a gin and tonic at the TG lounge? Forget it - they use the cheapest possible Gilbey's gin, made in the Philippines. Best mixer for that is whatever is in the bottom of your sink drain.

• Like 1

Seriously, I will be flying out of BKK in J later this month flying Qatar A380 leaving 20.45.

I will check in around 18.00 and walk to the Novotel via the underground walkway to have their 1000 baht buffet. Around 19.00 will walk to the Royal Orchid lounge to have a shower and a drink before boarding. Rose champagne before take off and decent food around 22h.

Thai business lounge does not have much to offer.

I just read several airlines Qatar amongst them will open their own business lounge before the end of 2015. I also understand Emirates has a very good business lounge.

Edited by tartempion

From the lounges that I have visited at BKK (TG, SQ, BR, CX, and Louis Tavern), EK do have the best lounge amongst those insofar as food and beverage by a wide margin. Their onboard service and food in J is excellent as well.

I have only flown Qatar once on a short haul flight and they were excellent as well. It really does make sense for them to open their own lounge at BKK to reflect the quality that they offer, rather than resigning their premium passengers to the abysmal TG lounges. That would definitely help them compete with Emirates as well.

Thai Air lost the plot when it comes to service and business class lounges years ago. Unfortunately the Airline with which I fly regularly, use Thai air lounges at Suvarnabhumi. Im sorry to say that I rate the lounges 2 out of 10, but maybe in the future after restructuring they will realise the reasons why they lost so many customers.

• Like 1

I haven't flown Thai now for over a year but there was always wine in the international business class lounge. Wasn't much of a selection but there was wine. A bottle of white and a bottle of red on you left as you faced the bar, under the counter.