Thai military security unit instructs taxis not to refuse passengers

webfact

There is probably a market for starting a taxi company where you train your staff to be polite and not refuse customers. I'm sure if the service is good and your taxi color stands out, people will take notice and try to use your taxi all the time. I know in Indonesia, Blue Bird taxi offers a similar service where drivers are trained, based on an article I read in Forbes Asia, Blue Bird taxi dominates the taxi service in Indonesia.

Just like there is a market for training and providing restaurant staff in Thailand, as you all know staff performance and attitude is poor in Thailand, not to mention the retention rate for restaurants.

Thais need a serious attitude adjustment, they are falling behind in their manners and social etiquette. Back in the 80s and 90s, they were known to be nice and polite, nowadays I sometimes wonder who is the customer...

Try the green and yellow cabs. Those are not Fleet cabs rented by the day ... those are owned by the driver of the family of the driver.

They keep the clean (it is a big investment) and avoid hassles.

The know their way around (not a farm boy just got to town and trying to make some money.)

In short ... clean, professional and worth the wait.

I will let 10 pink taxis go by and flag a Yellow and Green. About 90 % of the time...it is a win.

They'll be in for a pleasant surprise when they find out they are making MORE money by accepting all fares. Any experienced cabbie will tell you that. "Pick and choose" ... Lose money. "Sit on ranks all day" Lose money. I drove cabs in Sydney part time years ago. Took the advice. They were right.

Just punish them harder. The taxi who cheated that Japanese man got 500 baht fine, that's not enough! They should loose their license.

or just put a few undercover officers in, say five, to fine when meters are not used. the problem would likely vanish overnight.

Just punish them harder. The taxi who cheated that Japanese man got 500 baht fine, that's not enough! They should loose their license.

or just put a few undercover officers in, say five, to fine when meters are not used. the problem would likely vanish overnight.

Sure? A little money would not change hands to avoid being reported? Just saying whistling.gif