First Chinese tourist fined for breaking wash basin rule

Thaivisa News

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Very simple solution:

Place a wash basin on ground level outside the restrooms so our Chinese friends (and the rest of us) can wash their feet without insulting anyone!!

Hahahaha....what a no brainerthumbsup.gif

If Chinese could behave like civilized people, there would be no need to complain.

Nobody with common sense washes their feet and footwear in wash basins, only them.

Another specialty from the cavemen.

I wash my sandals, flip flops, sneakers, shoes, boots in my sink at Home, but never in a public place and I am not a caveman. Chinese are not th only ones that wash their feet in publc................other cultures dom but I am not mentioning the here.

• Like 1

I lived and worked in China for six years. They spit on the floor in nice restaurants, push their food scraps onto the floor after they eat. <snip>

Mod edit: derogatory remarks removed. Please abide by forum rules.

it is true, the chinese have poor eating manners, no bathroon training,and are always first in line no matter what. this is passed on down thru the generations. they see no need for improvement, & as far as being a world "power" , ehhh....not so much, yes they have factorys, but cant seem to figure out how to flush a toilet if the handle is loose. :-)

What about the Thai males.....honk blowing there noses in the sink and getting snot all over everywhere?????? I have seen this dozens of times all over the place......water, snot everywhere.

Haven't seen this once in the 13 years I've lived/vacationed here...

I have lived Thailand for 7 years, and I've seen this too much. Nearly every time I stop at a petrol station and use the bathroom, there is some guy leaning over the sink blowing his nose. I've seen it in bathrooms in shopping malls, restaurants, etc. It is very disgusting, and they don't bother to clean or at least wipe the sink afterwards.

Yep, Thais are nothing but a bunch hypocrites!

I have an idea for the Chinese government ...they should fine or tax Thailand for allowing their people to come here, and taking them places that are filthy and not having proper cleaning facilities available for them.

I mean, who takes them to these places, who plans these tours, who plans the bathrooms, water, or lack of it?

Oh, yes and how much did they get charged to go into the national park ...the 10 times Thai price? Is that a charge for taking out national dirt on your shoes ...

Edited by amykat
  • Like 1

For me personally its irrelevant if the sign is in Chinese or not, why the frick would anyone be so disrespectful as to put your dirty stinking feet somewhere that someone washes their hands and face, Chinese are a dirty race with no respect for anyone but themselves!

• Like 1

Why wasn't there in the first place a sign in a few different lingoes that the basins is only for face washing?Different cultures different practices and habits ,,,Don't blame the tourist,,,The Thais may or may not do lots of offending in other countries,,Think first then think again! wai2.gif

• Like 1

For me personally its irrelevant if the sign is in Chinese or not, why the frick would anyone be so disrespectful as to put your dirty stinking feet somewhere that someone washes their hands and face, Chinese are a dirty race with no respect for anyone but themselves!

mick ! good wording !1

Don't wash your feet in the sink, but don't mind if we spit in the same sink and piss on the wall in front of your kids.

Don't spit on the floor, but don't mind if we do it.

Don't litter, but don't mind if we litter as if we're all going to die tomorrow.

Don't poop in the moat in Chiang Mai, but... oh never mind, that was one of us. But we're gonna keep saying it was you anyway.

Don't drive your bikes and scooters like idiots, but we'll keep on renting them to you even if you don't know how to drive.

Don't kick our sacred bells at the temple, but don't mind our jet setting monks who smoke yaabaa and hire hookers on temple grounds.

Don't do yoga at our temples, but don't mind us having huge Muay Thai boxing matches at them.

And while we're at it, don't complain when you're attacked by our taxi, tuk tuk and baht bus drivers. Just be thankful we allow you to visit here.

Oh... and you're going to get fined for doing stuff now. It will cost you more to wash your feet in our sink than it does when we murder a tourist. But we're not going to write the signs in Mandarin AND Cantonese right away, or maybe not at all, just to make sure we get ya one more time before you go home.

Enjoy your stay.

"Enjoy your stay."

It seems embittered old dotards do not enjoy anythingcoffee1.gif

• Like 1

What about the Thai males.....honk blowing there noses in the sink and getting snot all over everywhere?????? I have seen this dozens of times all over the place......water, snot everywhere.

Thats Thainess, completely different to washing your feet ( disgusting) of course all is pathetic feet are feet nothing more, only the religion makes feet dirty..............

• Like 2

I could see defense as "It say "1000 bath" I only took one bath, and just my feet". If they can't even get English right, and have nothing in Chinese.... boggle boggle... I guess they finished the crackdown of Thais leaving and/or dumping garbage about Jomtien Beach "2000 baht fine for littering". Trying to kill of Chinese tourism? Provide decent facilities at these cash cows and problems might lessen? Nah, we'll just post another sign....

If Chinese could behave like civilized people, there would be no need to complain.

Nobody with common sense washes their feet and footwear in wash basins, only them.

Muslims frequently use hand basins to wash their feet. It is very common as part of pre prayer ablutions.

Muslims frequently use hand basins to wash their feet. It is very common as part of pre prayer ablutions.

Washing feet in hand basin Chinese 1000bt fine,

Muslims Erh... free foot soap provided.

Really? I've been doing that for years. Opsss! wacko.png Putting your foot in the basin keeps the old hip joints loosened up. Guess I'll have to use the 'butt shower' in the hong naam from now on. Thais seem to like their bathroom floors perpetually wet, so I doubt anyone will notice. Anyway, thank goodness I don't read 'Thai-mangled' Chinese, although it seem the Chinese can't read it either.

Edited by connda

The Thais need to look at this as an opportunity. smile.png

They should install special sinks for foot and underwear (and butt?) washing.

Then they could charge the Chinese by the foot, panty, butt, etc.

• Like 1

And?

Is it against the law - in Thailand to wash your feet in a sink and sandals? Or is just the place you visit? - as a teacher I've been told to never touch a students head but the Thai teachers hit them on the back of their head - I've witnessed it in exams - guess if I did uproar (even though very tempted at times never do)

• Like 1

They wanna educate Chinese in Thailand. What a waste of time and energie. They are teacheing Chinese in their own country but the most dont care about anything.

I have been in many places in this world. One of the first things i always did is learning about habits and traditions. If you dont care for that, take the consekwenses. Dont run after tourist but let them pay for stupidity and impoliteness. Best lessons are learned when its comming out of the pocket.

Is it against the law - in Thailand to wash your feet in a sink and sandals? Or is just the place you visit? - as a teacher I've been told to never touch a students head but the Thai teachers hit them on the back of their head - I've witnessed it in exams - guess if I did uproar (even though very tempted at times never do)

One Thai lady teacher touched them on the face with her shoe, ah well, never mind. Edited by roo860