83.13 per cent of Thais still have faith in govt

Lite Beer

83.13 per cent of Thais still have faith in govt

BANGKOK: -- An opinion survey by Suan Dusit Rajabhat University found that up to 83.13 per cent of the respondents said they still have faith in the government of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.

The remaining 16.87 per cent said they don't trust the government. The survey was carried out among 1,425 people nationwide from Monday to Saturday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/83-13-per-cent-of-Thais-still-have-fait-in-govt-30256055.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-15

Yes, I have faith in him also as long as he delivers.

If he stops or start being like the previous politicians, then he can expect my wrath.

At the moment he is doing all right.......lets hope he carries on like that in the future.

Costas, do you plan to return to Thailand, or just continue this vicarious experience?

Yes, I have faith in him also as long as he delivers.

If he stops or start being like the previous politicians, then he can expect my wrath.

At the moment he is doing all right.......lets hope he carries on like that in the future.

Does the word naive originate from the Greek language??rolleyes.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

83.13 percent of Thais still have faith in Govt

The other 16.87 percent legged it in fear to Cambodia.

Nice joke; but the reality is that some of the 16.87% probably should have fears.

Some of this 16.87% will no doubt be immoral and incapable trough feeders who thought they were imune,

and there seems to be a good chance their immunity is getting nearer and nearer to full collapse.

Longer-term it would be better for Thailand if they did vacate.

On the same point, IMHO it's not surprising that there is a a recent surge in 'bomb attacks' by the remnants

who still think they have a fear based power.

• Like 1

I'll paraphrase the explanation given for Putin's high approval ratings: You live in a country under military rule with martial law, where criticism of the government is banned and detention without charge is common. You get phone call from someone who asks if you support the government. What's the safe answer?

So they will be knocking on your door at 4 am tomorrow after you wrote this wont they heybruce.....??

Its silly isn't it.

I have lived under military rule in 2 countries...... trust me they were nothing like this. I now live in a village that only 3 people have land line phone---so they obviously didn't get that call from BKK ..... Someone commented on here once that most of the criticism comes from people who live outside of Thailand like the "little house on the prairie guy" N....S..e etc---not wanting to ever come back here to live , just spend their life writing 1,000s of posts to tell people who do live here what its all about.

Please--put this question to a Thai Person...... Do you think there will always be military rule or will there be elections in the future.?

I really have never found one Thai person who does not believe ---Just like all the other times, this has happened--- --that it wont return to election in the future.

Edited by oxo1947
  • Like 1

83.13 percent of Thais still have faith in Govt

The other 16.87 percent legged it in fear to Cambodia.

No, pretty sure they would have been sent to a re-education camp.

I suspect this poll is a bit like asking someone the loaded question

if they still beat their wife. Any answer makes you look bad..

Knock off these moronic polls, and actually tackle corruption.

If Prayut wins that battle, Thai people will sing praises of him for

generations to come...

Edited by EyesWideOpen

The 16.87% are the ones who still haven't woken up and would again vote for a Thaksin proxy party.

But that's not true, there are probably at least half of them who don't have faith in the present Govt that wouldn't trust a Thaksin party either after what the last version did to them.

I'll paraphrase the explanation given for Putin's high approval ratings: You live in a country under military rule with martial law, where criticism of the government is banned and detention without charge is common. You get phone call from someone who asks if you support the government. What's the safe answer?

So they will be knocking on your door at 4 am tomorrow after you wrote this wont they heybruce.....??

Its silly isn't it.

I have lived under military rule in 2 countries...... trust me they were nothing like this. I now live in a village that only 3 people have land line phone---so they obviously didn't get that call from BKK ..... Someone commented on here once that most of the criticism comes from people who live outside of Thailand like the "little house on the prairie guy" N....S..e etc---not wanting to ever come back here to live , just spend their life writing 1,000s of posts to tell people who do live here what its all about.

Please--put this question to a Thai Person...... Do you think there will always be military rule or will there be elections in the future.?

I really have never found one Thai person who does not believe ---Just like all the other times, this has happened--- --that it wont return to election in the future.

You missed the point, didn't you? "What's the safe answer?" You don't know who is calling, but you assume they know who you are. There's no risk in saying you support the government. Maybe it's safe to criticize, um, cautiously explain you don't support the government, but it's safer not too.

"Please--put this question to a Thai Person...... Do you think there will always be military rule or will there be elections in the future.?"

You could also ask: Do you think this will be the last coup, or will other elected governments be toppled by the military?

Have you found a Thai person who thinks democracy in Thailand is safe from the military?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Again, as always, you twist everything into total crap. But like others, it keep your post count up.

You missed the point, didn't you? "What's the safe answer?" You don't know who is calling, but you assume they know who you are. There's no risk in saying you support the government. Maybe it's safe to criticize, um, cautiously explain you don't support the government, but it's safer not too.

Its silly isn't it.

"Please--put this question to a Thai Person...... Do you think there will always be military rule or will there be elections in the future.?"

You could also ask: Do you think this will be the last coup, or will other elected governments be toppled by the military?

Have you found a Thai person who thinks democracy in Thailand is safe from the military?

You need to get out a lot more and stop following the prepared playbook.

And if you really wanted to get a balanced opinion you need to stop asking very loaded questions.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 2

The 16.87% are the ones who still haven't woken up and would again vote for a Thaksin proxy party.

But that's not true, there are probably at least half of them who don't have faith in the present Govt that wouldn't trust a Thaksin party either after what the last version did to them.

Roughly 50% of the Thai voters support Thaksin and roughly 35% support the Democrats - both these political factions have come out recently to oppose various policies or proposals put forward by the Junta- it would seem that the pollsters have simply switched the figures and the truth is just 16.87% are Junta lovers and the remaining 83.13% are sane.

I see the bitter and twisted are out in force again. Glass half empty type of thing.

When the polls suggested the Junta had 96% popularity they were dismissed as a fake polls. A few months later the next polls came out suggesting 93% popularity for the Junta and were dismissed as forced polling. A few months later the polls suggested an 89% popularity for the Junta and they were dismissed with statements saying "Have an election then" Today the polls are showing another reduction in popularity to 83% and the same people that have no grasp of trends continue along their inane narrative.

The funny thing is if it ever gets to 49% that will be when and only when they state the polls are right. Why? Because it suits their agenda.

They dismiss the majorities voice unless that majority suits their purpose as has been proven again and again over the last 5 years.

And they call the Junta anti democratic!! Go figure..

I have polls, facts, failed elections to show that Prayut is the most popular Pm in the last decade. What do others have? They have the "All the Thai people I know" defense.

Pathetic.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

That doesn't really leave many. Consider that when the last Thaksin party got in it was a minority of the people who voted for them. Also while they were still in power there were red shirts coming out and publically saying Thaksin should not be in politics. Now with about 10 months of peace they are seeing that it is not necessary to continually rally and receive nothing in return other than trouble.

I like the poll I just wish it wasn't a Thai one.sad.png

That doesn't really leave many. Consider that when the last Thaksin party got in it was a minority of the people who voted for them. Also while they were still in power there were red shirts coming out and publically saying Thaksin should not be in politics. Now with about 10 months of peace they are seeing that it is not necessary to continually rally and receive nothing in return other than trouble.

I like the poll I just wish it wasn't a Thai one.sad.png

Not really sure what planet you're on.

Last completed election PTP got 15.7 million votes and the Democrats got just 11.4 million - it was an absolute thumping.

What on earth could make anyone think that the required 2 million plus voters would switch to the dark side? If anything this last coup and the complete disrespect its leaders have shown towards all but a very small minority of Thais has probably pushed the PTP vote upwards of 17 or 18 million.

You have got to be 100% delusional to think that the PTP would lose a free and fair election.

Ask yourself, why are there no more elections in Thailand.

"83.13 per cent of the respondents said they still have faith in the government of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha."

Compare this suspicious statistic to realilty that the PTP and Democrats that reflect 90% of the electorate in the 2011 elections currently disagree with Prayut's Interim Charter and the draft 2015 Charter. Both agree that the NCPO intends to continue to hold power over Thai sovereignty in perpetuity through a shadow government of independent orgainzation and cross-checks against any future constitutional amendments by elected officials.

The Junta has failed to deliver profitable agricultural prices; failed to increase exports; failed to improve domestic business growth for SME's; failed to raise adequate revenues to fund infrastructure improvements; failed to slow household debt; failed....failed....failed.

Faith can be misguided, transcend reality, and reflect desparation. Faith is not what Thai people want. Thai people need self determination for the future of their society.

• Like 1

Again, as always, you twist everything into total crap. But like others, it keep your post count up.

Its silly isn't it.

You need to get out a lot more and stop following the prepared playbook.

And if you really wanted to get a balanced opinion you need to stop asking very loaded questions.

You need to work on formatting your replies. Also, I think my question was just as reasonable as yours.

I see the bitter and twisted are out in force again. Glass half empty type of thing.

When the polls suggested the Junta had 96% popularity they were dismissed as a fake polls. A few months later the next polls came out suggesting 93% popularity for the Junta and were dismissed as forced polling. A few months later the polls suggested an 89% popularity for the Junta and they were dismissed with statements saying "Have an election then" Today the polls are showing another reduction in popularity to 83% and the same people that have no grasp of trends continue along their inane narrative.

The funny thing is if it ever gets to 49% that will be when and only when they state the polls are right. Why? Because it suits their agenda.

They dismiss the majorities voice unless that majority suits their purpose as has been proven again and again over the last 5 years.

And they call the Junta anti democratic!! Go figure..

I have polls, facts, failed elections to show that Prayut is the most popular Pm in the last decade. What do others have? They have the "All the Thai people I know" defense.

Pathetic.

"And they call the Junta anti democratic!! Go figure.."

Have you actually not figured out that there is nothing democratic about the junta?

"I have polls, facts, failed elections to show that Prayut is the most popular Pm in the last decade."

Polls conducted under censorship and martial law, no elections since the coup, and I'd really like to see these facts you claim to have. I'm sure they'll be entertaining.

• Like 2