Day trip for some farang life :-) Korat or Khon Kaen?

Kenny202

Just found out I have some time off right after Songkran in Bangkok. Travelled to several places but a bit embarrassed that I've never set foot in Isaan. Prior to reading this thread was looking at Khon Kaen, now it may be Udon Thani, or both.

Unfortunately my free dates to go are April 17-19. Question is - will this be a horrible time to travel there (due to mass movement associated with Songkran). Probably gonna go no matter what unless it looks really bad.

Also - I'll be going alone (gf and I coming to an inevitable end). Speak some rudimentary Thai and can communicate (but not paasaa Isaan). I'm just curious. I like almost anything interesting -- cheesy tourist stops, certainly some of the Wats, and I like to go out drinking. Anybody has additional input = appreciated. Thx.

The bus from Pattaya to Khon Kaen was fine. I spent a day at the zoo in Khon Kaen. That is a pleasant place. The big mall in town was OK. Very pretty and pleasant young ladies working in the pizza place there. I only stayed in town two nights so I didn't get around much. I later took a bus to Phuket. Much too long a trip and not comfortable at all. But I did it for the experience. Not again.

Songkran, should end on the 15th and by the 17th most people will be home, or on their way home, so you should be okay. If you speak passable Thai, you are way ahead of me, and I've never had a problem, just get a good translation program on your phone for when you really get stuck.

Udon has good medical at wing 23 air base. I had 3 tumors removed from my bladder there and was in the hospital there for 5 days and the cost for everything was only 11,500 baht ad the doctor there are miliarty doctor and are very good. The first time there may take you 2 hours to see a doctor but well worth it for what they do ad the cost

Good info , I would like a few rumours about my previous relationships in LOS removed , from my CV wub.png

Good to know your operation, went well wai2.gif