Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

No wonder that most of the cars are going to Aussie Land if that is how much they can get for them ... yes here's hoping the Thai version has active noise control

I thought active noise control was when you told the missus to get out.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No wonder that most of the cars are going to Aussie Land if that is how much they can get for them ... yes here's hoping the Thai version has active noise control

I thought active noise control was when you told the missus to get out.

But if I chuck out the missus I've lost my curse control laugh.png

Our Everest (2 years old) has GPS - not sure why you think not possible?

Amazed no ones mentioned another thing we don't get here. You can move the brake/accelerator pedal electrically to suit the seating position on this years Tahoe.

They don't even have driver memory for the driver's chair or mirrors Ace.... you have to crawl before you can walk smile.png
Mr IMHO

Do I recall you stating a while ago that 'someone' was trying to adapt the Everest 'screen' to enable GPS. I'm fairly sure that it was you but can't locate the topic. Any update on this please. thanks

Spotted the new Everest on transporter heading to Chiang Mai Ford this morning. Looked good, in that dark red colour.

Yes it did. ;) Went to see it yesterday. Couldn't test drive it, but drove the new Ranger 2.2 instead.

I liked the Ranger a lot too.. To the point that I'm now struggling to justify paying 400,000 extra for the Everest..

post-64232-0-60408000-1439178834_thumb.j

post-64232-0-23237900-1439178854_thumb.j

post-64232-0-08961800-1439178869_thumb.j

Spotted the new Everest on transporter heading to Chiang Mai Ford this morning. Looked good, in that dark red colour.

Yes it did. wink.png Went to see it yesterday. Couldn't test drive it, but drove the new Ranger 2.2 instead.

I liked the Ranger a lot too.. To the point that I'm now struggling to justify paying 400,000 extra for the Everest..

attachicon.gif20150809_153723.jpg

attachicon.gif20150809_153751.jpg

attachicon.gif20150809_153643.jpg

Depends on what you need. The everest has a much better suspension and ride comfort. OTOH The ranger will be 'quicker' but have a harder ride. The everest 2.2. and 3.2 are similar off the line but the 3.2 has much better power at higher speeds. It's not an easy choice to make. I just feel the ranger has all that wasted space at the back that I would not use often.

Our Everest (2 years old) has GPS - not sure why you think not possible?

Amazed no ones mentioned another thing we don't get here. You can move the brake/accelerator pedal electrically to suit the seating position on this years Tahoe.

They don't even have driver memory for the driver's chair or mirrors Ace.... you have to crawl before you can walk smile.png

Mr IMHO

Do I recall you stating a while ago that 'someone' was trying to adapt the Everest 'screen' to enable GPS. I'm fairly sure that it was you but can't locate the topic. Any update on this please. thanks

The new wildtrak in Aus gets sat nav so surely it aint all that hard to have it fitted to the Everest.

Ford AU really do beleive the Everest is a cut above the rest - the prices Aussies are going to have to pay to have an Everest in their driveway are incredible..

Ford some perspective:

A top spec MU-X retails for AUD $53,500

A top spec (previous gen) PJS retails for AUD $49,990

A top spec Trailblazer retails for AUD $51,490

.....and these all have higher spec levels than their Thai equivalents.

The top spec Everest goes for, wait for it.... AUD $76,990 - around 50% more than cars costing 1.4M Baht here.

Would you still buy an Everest if it cost 2.1M Baht? smile.png

How much is it going to cost next year ....

Will it be possible to get the GPS on your phone to show on the display ... or I might be back to my Garmin 3770 ....

Again, who knows... somewhere between 100K and 200K more the top spec T+ would be my best guess though.

As for integrating GPS on your phone with the screen, that may be possible via AppLink - but according to what I can see, it doesn't yet support any GPS apps. Bear in mind that it's not just "sending video to the screen" - the SYNC2 system in the Everest has 3 screens, steering wheel controls and voice commands - AppLink is definitely the proper solution...

'Someone' who works for Ford ... not my dealer ... sent me this yesterday ...........

"About the sync2 you can't put the navigation display on the car's screen (only in Thailand) its best to use an external gps or a phone holder
But the screen sync2 comes with the navigation menu (compass) but no program installed this problem is due to the Ford it self won't buy a navigation program licence.?"
....... After I asked him 'how to'. Doesn't sound too good. I wonder if later in the day Ford will have a change of mind and charge a huge price for GPS. I don't really fancy going back to a small screen with wires dangling but Mrs JAS is keen on the EV. It is a cheaper option for me smile.png as if I buy a car we will have to keep the truck.
Edited by JAS21

Ford AU really do beleive the Everest is a cut above the rest - the prices Aussies are going to have to pay to have an Everest in their driveway are incredible..

Ford some perspective:

A top spec MU-X retails for AUD $53,500

A top spec (previous gen) PJS retails for AUD $49,990

A top spec Trailblazer retails for AUD $51,490

.....and these all have higher spec levels than their Thai equivalents.

The top spec Everest goes for, wait for it.... AUD $76,990 - around 50% more than cars costing 1.4M Baht here.

Would you still buy an Everest if it cost 2.1M Baht? smile.png

How much is it going to cost next year ....

Will it be possible to get the GPS on your phone to show on the display ... or I might be back to my Garmin 3770 ....

Again, who knows... somewhere between 100K and 200K more the top spec T+ would be my best guess though.

As for integrating GPS on your phone with the screen, that may be possible via AppLink - but according to what I can see, it doesn't yet support any GPS apps. Bear in mind that it's not just "sending video to the screen" - the SYNC2 system in the Everest has 3 screens, steering wheel controls and voice commands - AppLink is definitely the proper solution...

'Someone' who works for Ford ... not my dealer ... sent me this yesterday ...........

"About the sync2 you can't put the navigation display on the car's screen (only in Thailand) its best to use an external gps or a phone holder
But the screen sync2 comes with the navigation menu (compass) but no program installed this problem is due to the Ford it self won't buy a navigation program licence.?"
....... After I asked him 'how to'. Doesn't sound too good. I wonder if later in the day Ford will have a change of mind and charge a huge price for GPS. I don't really fancy going back to a small screen with wires dangling but Mrs JAS is keen on the EV. It is a cheaper option for me smile.png as if I buy a car we will have to keep the truck.

Let's see if Applink can expand to include at least one useful GPS app...

No GPS, seriously?

Yeah, it's a glaring omission.

I know that Sync1 (the version with the 4" screen in the Fiesta and 2014 Ranger) only supports English voice commands, and that Thai's can have problems being understood by it even with their best efforts. The say they have improved it's voice command comprehension in SYNC2, but it's still hard to imagine how it could work for GPS without actual Thai Language support..

I have this vision of it working perfectly for Microsoft engineers speaking Thai place names using their best tourist pronunciations, but failing spectacularly when confronted by an actual Thai speaker :)

The Parrot Bluetooth kit I have make some interesting interpretations of Thai names so I can understand Ford's problem.

Does the Sync system have an alternative interface to voice commands, touch screen or buttons? Couldn't GPS be included with out voice control?

Edited by Jitar

No GPS, seriously?

I know that Sync1 (the version with the 4" screen in the Fiesta and 2014 Ranger) only supports English voice commands, and that Thai's can have problems being understood by it even with their best efforts. The say they have improved it's voice command comprehension in SYNC2, but it's still hard to imagine how it could work for GPS without actual Thai Language support..

I have this vision of it working perfectly for Microsoft engineers speaking Thai place names using their best tourist pronunciations, but failing spectacularly when confronted by an actual Thai speaker smile.png

I watched an online review of the Ecosport a while back done in India. Similar hilarity ensued when the reviewer tried to demonstrate the voice command capability. gigglem.gif

The Parrot Bluetooth kit I have make some interesting interpretations of Thai names so I can understand Ford's problem.

Does the Sync system have an alternative interface to voice commands, touch screen or buttons? Couldn't GPS be included with out voice control?

It has AppLink - a special system that phone app developers can hook into, providing the app with:

1. Ability to control what's displayed on the 8" central display

2. Control over the "soft buttons" displayed at the bottom of the screen

3. Specify a set of voice commands their app can respond to

4. Drive an additional UI that gets displayed one of the two 4.2" screens that flank the speedometer

A decent solution here would just be a 3rd party navigation app vendor to make their app "AppLink" compatible.. the problem is, the AppLink in SYNC2 isn't very navigation app friendly, apparently. On that front, Ford are working on Applink 3.0 which implements more standard protocols for navigation app integration, but it's not yet clear if that can/will be offered as an upgrade for SYNC2 systems, or whether it's going to require SYNC3 or even SYNC4.

Edited by IMHO

No GPS, seriously?

I have this vision of it working perfectly for Microsoft engineers speaking Thai place names using their best tourist pronunciations, but failing spectacularly when confronted by an actual Thai speaker smile.png

I watched an online review of the Ecosport a while back done in India. Similar hilarity ensued when the reviewer tried to demonstrate the voice command capability. gigglem.gif

Hehheee smile.png

Even worse in Thai... just think about "Phetchaburi" - with tourist pronunciation that becomes "Fetch a boo ree", vs "petboor-ee" in Thai biggrin.png

Note: I've literally been stumped by that one, thinking someone was asking me to find a store that sells cigarettes :P

Edited by IMHO

No GPS, seriously?

Hehheee smile.png

Even worse in Thai... just think about "Phetchaburi" - with tourist pronunciation that becomes "Fetch a boo ree", vs "petboor-ee" in Thai biggrin.png

Note: I've literally been stumped by that one, thinking someone was asking me to find a store that sells cigarettes tongue.png

Original PJS owners had the same problem in that the GPS was not integrated.. you had to buy an external GPS that the Mitsu garage conveniently had for sale :)

Hehheee smile.png

Note: I've literally been stumped by that one, thinking someone was asking me to find a store that sells cigarettes tongue.png

Original PJS owners had the same problem in that the GPS was not integrated.. you had to buy an external GPS that the Mitsu garage conveniently had for sale smile.png

Mine was free, and jolly good it is.