Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

Having read the fiesta problems I was wondering about my MY15 ...sometimes when slowing down at lowish speeds I feel the change down ...I'm not sure that I should. Mrs Jas and I always use our own keys. Mrs Jas says she never notices a problem. Anyone else ever notice the odd slightly un-smooth change down at low soeed?

Edited by JAS21

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having read the fiesta problems I was wondering about my MY15 ...sometimes when slowing down at lowish speeds I feel the change down ...I'm not sure that I should. Mrs Jas and I always use our own keys. Mrs Jas says she never notices a problem. Anyone else ever notice the odd slightly un-smooth change down at low soeed?

No my Everest gearbox is fine. If I could make any improvements my wish list would be firmer suspension/more taut for cornering, if some of the technicians had taken that from the Range Rover parts bin that would have been great. I'd also like better acceleration from stand still/at low speeds. My BT50 with the 3.2L felt quicker from stand still. I guess that's down to the extra 500Kg's. Maybe it's just the engine tuning or maybe it needs an extra 50bhp.

Nope.

Nope.

Well I have another four and a half years of warranty left so won't loose sleep over it.

Nope.

Well I have another four and a half years of warranty left so won't loose sleep over it.

I'm curious: How long were you stuck in the dealership when ordering the PPP warranty? Mine took a full 2 hours of back and forth between the dealer and head office before they'd take my money and issue a receipt, then another 5 weeks to get the actual book. Unbelievable.

Edited by IMHO

Nope.

I'm curious: How long were you stuck in the dealership when ordering the PPP warranty? Mine took a full 2 hours of back and forth between the dealer and head office before they'd take my money and issue a receipt, then another 5 weeks to get the actual book. Unbelievable.

My wife sorted it over the phone ... some woman phoned her offering a 'special' discount and 'card' for 1000thb fuel if we joined that particular month. I just paid by credit credit and the package turned up in the post a couple of weeks later. I ended up paying the normal price for two extra years warranty with no excess mileage, but got the extra 50K kms thrown in plus the fuel voucher. Seemed an okay deal ... you got the same ☺ Edited by JAS21

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. We got the attached letter through. Wife has tried to translate but not clear on what it's saying. Something about the gearbox and extending warranty to 10 years, 240,000 kms. Can anyone give me a better translation of what needs to be done. Is it a recall for something. Thanks all.

post-81192-0-04141400-1462756140_thumb.j

post-81192-0-19898600-1462756151_thumb.j

Edited by seedy
foto flip

Hi all. We got the attached letter through. Wife has tried to translate but not clear on what it's saying. Something about the gearbox and extending warranty to 10 years, 240,000 kms. Can anyone give me a better translation of what needs to be done. Is it a recall for something. Thanks all.

attachicon.gift1.jpg

attachicon.gift2.jpg

You have an Everest or a Fiesta/Focus?

The letter asks you to book your car in before the end of the year for new TCM Software ...Mon-Fri 0800-1800 ...a half days job.

We have our Fiesta booked in for TCM Software update ...but we are having it done on s Sat.

attachicon.gift1.jpg

attachicon.gift2.jpg

You have an Everest or a Fiesta/Focus?

The letter asks you to book your car in before the end of the year for new TCM Software ...Mon-Fri 0800-1800 ...a half days job.

We have our Fiesta booked in for TCM Software update ...but we are having it done on s Sat.

By the way 14MO1 is the dual clutch problem so 14MO2 will more than likely will be an updated memo ...these don't relate to the Everest ....just google 14MO1 FORD Edited by JAS21

Thanks chaps. Confusion reigns at house Disting. This is for the Focus that we sold last year. Just checked the VIN number. Will need to send it to the guy who bought it.

Thanks again.

Actually useful as it got me thinking ... we have a Fiesta ... so I ask 'those that know' on this forum what the state of play is at present ... thanks

Just had the sticker on the prop shaft come loose. It's common and Luckily I had seen this on the Everest Thailand facebook site and seen a video of the noise it makes. It's a pain in the butt to get to. Burnt my arm on the silencer box lying on a gas station forecourt. Had to Jack the car to get underneath to get a hold of it. Would recommend removing it as its a right pain if it goes on the road.

Picture attached of offending sticker. My Ev has 14000 kms on it.

post-45247-14630324810425_thumb.jpg

Wow! Those Fords are rubbish. You have to scrap the car if a sticker falls off?

This never happens with Toyotas...

with Toyota cant remember its happened . but with Thailand Toyota the bumpe try fall off ..whistling.gif

Edited by ardokano

with Toyota cant remember its happened . but with Thailand Toyota the bumpe try fall off ..whistling.gif

well as they dont fall off all on there own I can only assume there was an accident.... and you claimed there was not didn't you ?

no no, you only need to scrap the sticker :P

I think that it just came a little loose and went ....sticker-sticker-sticker-sticker until he got fed up with the noise and pulled it completely off .....

well as they dont fall off all on there own I can only assume there was an accident.... and you claimed there was not didn't you ?

Never say front bumper be an accident

"And i am understand if rear bumper have grap because not "perfect" install parts body kit.

But at front bumper not have any part body kit. Not have incedent." © Ardokano

rolleyes.gif

"And i am understand if rear bumper have grap because not "perfect" install parts body kit.

rolleyes.gif

Indeed

rolleyes.gif

ok then ?

Or maybe with Toyota, you keep the sticker and scrap the car????

There are some very evil people on this forum ...but if everyone bought the EV what would they have to talk about ....

Just had the sticker on the prop shaft come loose. It's common and Luckily I had seen this on the Everest Thailand facebook site and seen a video of the noise it makes. It's a pain in the butt to get to. Burnt my arm on the silencer box lying on a gas station forecourt. Had to Jack the car to get underneath to get a hold of it. Would recommend removing it as its a right pain if it goes on the road.

Picture attached of offending sticker. My Ev has 14000 kms on it.

So last night I pulled this sticker off as "preventative maintenance". There goes my "crap if dropped" jokes. I think mine was one that wasn't going to come off though, because wow was it hard to remove!

Sitting by a busy roadside yesterday, watching cars as I was having a Soda, out of the new crop of SUV's a few Everest, quite a few Mitsubishi but Fortuners were the most visible, but there was a lot of the older Fortuner model so maybe a few of those were in fact Everest as they look alike to me.

Sitting by a busy roadside yesterday, watching cars as I was having a Soda, out of the new crop of SUV's a few Everest, quite a few Mitsubishi but Fortuners were the most visible, but there was a lot of the older Fortuner model so maybe a few of those were in fact Everest as they look alike to me.

You are aptly named ....☺