Ford Everest - All New 2015

Barontt

Sitting by a busy roadside yesterday, watching cars as I was having a Soda, out of the new crop of SUV's a few Everest, quite a few Mitsubishi but Fortuners were the most visible, but there was a lot of the older Fortuner model so maybe a few of those were in fact Everest as they look alike to me.

You are aptly named ....☺

Just saying they could be mistaken for the same motor at a quick glance, I have a pic of my 2006 Fortuner when it was on red plates, it couldn't be mistaken for the new PJS or the new Fortuner, but could be mistaken for an Everest.

Just saying, didn't mean to upset you or your Bugatti Everest.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sitting by a busy roadside yesterday, watching cars as I was having a Soda, out of the new crop of SUV's a few Everest, quite a few Mitsubishi but Fortuners were the most visible, but there was a lot of the older Fortuner model so maybe a few of those were in fact Everest as they look alike to me.

Just saying they could be mistaken for the same motor at a quick glance, I have a pic of my 2006 Fortuner when it was on red plates, it couldn't be mistaken for the new PJS or the new Fortuner, but could be mistaken for an Everest.

If you're blind, maybe.

If you're blind, maybe.

From our resident Ford expert who could only identify an Everest or Ranger because of the blue oval on the grille.

Hello EV owners..I have recently noticed that when my EV is in Reverse and I shift into Drive, I hear a "click" sound. It seems to be coming from the transmission. It is this "click" sound normal? It does not seem to affect the way the car drives..hope you can advise..thanks all

Hello EV owners..I have recently noticed that when my EV is in Reverse and I shift into Drive, I hear a "click" sound. It seems to be coming from the transmission. It is this "click" sound normal? It does not seem to affect the way the car drives..hope you can advise..thanks all

Is it a click, or a thud?

Any physical jolting when this happens?

It is more of a "click" sound. With the windows closed, radio off, and air con on, I can hear the "click" sound lightly. When I open the windows, it is quite distinct.

I did not notice any jolting when it happens. As I said, the car still drives the same as before with smooth gear changes.

Our (BT50) did this once, got my attention and I got the wife to sit in and shift between reverse neutral and drive several times while I stood out side listening for it again. Couldn't replicate the issue.

Yes tuna 2006 look more normal suv even as offroad suv

but you sure next time need drink less..

post-219309-0-51194300-1463671650_thumb.

its NEW NORMAL toyota

i guess Everest if can mistake its for more near LC200 not for tuna 2006..

If say like this is

Tuna 2016 can mistake for...

post-219309-0-98303100-1463671757_thumb.

post-219309-0-06660700-1463672122_thumb.

gigglem.gif

So the Tuna is more like the PJS ?

is that what your eyes are telling you ?

One thing I notice is the fuel consumption is much higher on the Ford. In fact highest in the class.

That's not much of a surprise since it is the heaviest and most powerful in its class.

It is also the best to drive so you get what you pay for.

One thing I notice is the fuel consumption is much higher on the Ford. In fact highest in the class.

That's not much of a surprise since it is the heaviest and most powerful in its class.

Exactly ... I'm very impressed with ours. Okay the last fuel up gave 8km/L (computer 8.5) ... that was just about all around town driving and in heavy traffic with long red lights. Normally I get 10-11km/L . For those that do about 15000kms/year as I probably do then at say 25thb/ltr ... the difference between the best and worst Body on Frame is somewhat less than 10,000thb/year ... not that much to drive the best in class by far, is it.

Edited by JAS21

and pay, and pay, and pay... whistling.gif

and pay, and pay, and pay... whistling.gif

how much pay?

Fortuner 2012-2015 4000 evry 10 000 km for change oil and filter oil... in Toyota dealer

How much on Everest?rolleyes.gif

Chiang Mai- Kalsin fortuner less 0.5 litr per 100km than everest.. but Tuna 2wd..

everest 4x4

so How you calculate?rolleyes.gif

Going to Bangkok to have the aftermarket interface between my phone and the car fitted this weekend as well as integrated GPS and a couple of other goodies. The only other accessory I've had fitted was a tailor made dog mat and seat back covers. My English Bull Terrier & Labrador love the dog mat and the separate aircon for the 3rd row seats.

Going to Bangkok to have the aftermarket interface between my phone and the car fitted this weekend as well as integrated GPS and a couple of other goodies. The only other accessory I've had fitted was a tailor made dog mat and seat back covers. My English Bull Terrier & Labrador love the dog mat and the separate aircon for the 3rd row seats.

Yes, I'd like to hear about you new system ...did you enquire what bits of your warranty will now be void. That is what has stopped me do far and hoping Ford will sort something. Might not hold my breath though ..

Ford have no plans to offer gps & phone integration at the moment I got that info from Ford manufacturing in March. They're leaving it to aftermarket firms.Not worried about warranty. Will give a report early next week.

I'm driving on average 30k km a year so it adds up especially as the price of oil is steadily going up. Other concerns are serviceability. What I like about the ford is that in a fix I could sleep in the back..

Ford have no plans to offer gps & phone integration at the moment I got that info from Ford manufacturing in March. They're leaving it to aftermarket firms.Not worried about warranty. Will give a report early next week.

My phone (s) communicate quite happily with Sync2. What are you missing?

My phone (s) communicate quite happily with Sync2. What are you missing?
GPS ... Would like 'MAPS' to jump from phone onto the screen ..