Barontt

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Ford Fans

All what I have read here in this Forum so far is that the new Ford Everest is a good car!

However, here are two reasons why I don’t buy a Ford Everest right now:

1. The 3.2 Liter Engine (as mentioned here before a slightly modified Ford Transit engine) is outdated according to my understanding!

2. I consider it as "NEGLIGENCE" of Ford Thailand not to install a GPS Navigation System for the Customer here in Thailand!

When I asked end of last year the Ford dealer salesman why the Everest has no Navigation System he responded: "the Navigation is not important for the Thai People"! sad.png

Unbelievable reply! To my remark why Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet installing Navigation Systems into their SUV’s I received only a smile!blink.png

Maybe by the end of 2017 something will be changed! At least I hope so!

If not back to Toyota the new Fortuner TRD!smile.png

Edited by seedy
font

Hi Ford Fans

All what I have read here in this Forum so far is that the new Ford Everest is a good car!

1. The 3.2 Liter Engine (as mentioned here before a slightly modified Ford Transit engine) is outdated according to my understanding!

2. I consider it as "NEGLIGENCE" of Ford Thailand not to install a GPS Navigation System for the Customer here in Thailand!

When I asked end of last year the Ford dealer salesman why the Everest has no Navigation System he responded: "the Navigation is not important for the Thai People"! sad.png

Unbelievable reply! To my remark why Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet installing Navigation Systems into their SUV’s I received only a smile!blink.png

I had navigation in my '08 Everest, works great, but I only got the map updated twice, and it is now unsupported, meaning many road that's been opened since then is not in my map

In the age where smartphones had better map and real-time traffic updates, I'd prefer system like Honda with Apple's carplay that can hand over the navigation to the phone

Hi Ford Fans

I had navigation in my '08 Everest, works great, but I only got the map updated twice, and it is now unsupported, meaning many road that's been opened since then is not in my map

In the age where smartphones had better map and real-time traffic updates, I'd prefer system like Honda with Apple's carplay that can hand over the navigation to the phone

True, OEM GPS do not always age well.

Ford sell a very small number of vehicles compared to Toyota so I can understand them not wanting to mess around with Thai compatible GPS.

At the end of the day I would much rather be driving the Everest with a Smart phone and google maps than a Fortuner.

2. I consider it as "NEGLIGENCE" of Ford Thailand not to install a GPS Navigation System for the Customer here in Thailand![/size][/font]

bwahahahahahahahaha, are you for real ?

The maps for Thailand do not come from thin air and need to be developed, quiet obviously Ford Thailand cannot see a potential return on this invested so have opted not to do so.

My car has GPS (toyota) and I find to useless. If I need directions I take the tom tom from the glove box and use it.

Edited by Don Mega

Hi Ford Fans

Yes I’m real! smile.png

Why the Ford Everest for Australia (as far as I know the car is built in Thailand) has a navigation System.

I don’t not like for a car that has a price tag of 1.75 Million THB to fiddle around with an aftermarket navigation installation or with my smart Phone to get the Google Maps.

On my Ford Rangers / Mazda BT50 I have installed Garmin which was ok, because the Ford Ranger is in another price category than the Ford Everest!

Sorry, but I don’t understand Ford Thailand in this respect!

If Ford Thailand would be right (smart) by not installing a Navigation System into the new Everest than all other Car Manufacturers here in Thailand would be wrong (stupid) by providing such a system in their SUV’s!

However, I believe that Toyota and the others have prudent reasons to provide in their SUV’s a navigation Systems.

It seems to me this is more a matter of cost savings by Ford Thailand with their believe that the Thai Customer will swallow it! sad.png

The Thai Car of the year 2015 should have a navigation System according to my understanding.

If everybody would install into his new car an aftermarket Navigation System than all of the Car Manufactures (worldwide) would not provide any Navigation system into their cars.

However, this is clearly not the case! Fortunately smile.png

Why the Ford Everest for Australia (as far as I know the car is built in Thailand) has a navigation System.

Australia is an english speaking country and the maps are obviously available and as such Ford Thailand has activated the navigation for that market.

Thailand is not an english speaking country and to my knowledge the maps are not yet available and as such Ford Thailand has not activated the navigation.

Is that in plain enough english for you to comprehend ?

Edited by Don Mega

Hi Ford Fans

Is Toyota Thailand not located in Thailand?

What about Chevrolet Thailand, Nissan Thailand Mitsubishi Motors Thailand etc?

The Sync2 system does not support Thai language. End of story. Other cars don't use Sync2.

Hi Ford Fans

"...The Sync2 system does not support Thai language..."

Now I’m even more surprised!

This means the Ford Thailand sells the Ford Sync2 here in Thailand and this system cannot communicate in the local Thai language with Thais? Unbelievable!

I must admit I learned something new here today!

Hi Ford Fans

The Sync2 system does not support Thai language. End of story. Other cars don't use Sync2.

You need Thai language? ;) Edited by ardokano

Hi Ford Fans

Now Im even more surprised!

This means the Ford Thailand sells the Ford Sync2 here in Thailand and this system cannot communicate in the local Thai language with Thais? Unbelievable!

Like a dog with a bone aint ya.

Initially I really missed the 'Garmin like system' fitted to my V-Cross.

However I now am used to using 'Maps' and find it quite acceptable. HOWEVER I wish there was someway to display what is on phone onto the 8" screen.

Edited by JAS21

2. I consider it as "NEGLIGENCE" of Ford Thailand not to install a GPS Navigation System for the Customer here in Thailand![/size][/font]

The maps for Thailand do not come from thin air and need to be developed, quiet obviously Ford Thailand cannot see a potential return on this invested so have opted not to do so.

My car has GPS (toyota) and I find to useless. If I need directions I take the tom tom from the glove box and use it.

Althougth one wonders why they can't port Here Maps for Thailand (Microsoft) onto the Sync2 devices (Microsoft).

My wife has just done her first long drive from Chiang Mai to Udon and Here Maps on her phone synced through the head unit via Bluetooth worked perfectly except Somchai in her phone couldn't find the hotel in Loei (he was 20m out). I think following voice commands is much preferrable to being distracted by a map, but it would be nice if the Thai cars had them.

Hi Ford Fans

Surely it would support Thinglish?

Althougth one wonders why they can't port Here Maps for Thailand (Microsoft) onto the Sync2 devices (Microsoft).

My wife has just done her first long drive from Chiang Mai to Udon and Here Maps on her phone synced through the head unit via Bluetooth worked perfectly except Somchai in her phone couldn't find the hotel in Loei (he was 20m out). I think following voice commands is much preferrable to being distracted by a map, but it would be nice if the Thai cars had them.

Very true the voice is much better. I use Apple Google updated by Tom Tom and get to the Hotel Door perfectly..Don't use the built in one ever ,set it up at home in comfort not hunched up tapin buttons that are different in each ride

Initially I really missed the 'Garmin like system' fitted to my V-Cross.

However I now am used to using 'Maps' and find it quite acceptable. HOWEVER I wish there was someway to display what is on phone onto the 8" screen.

Initially I really missed my big-block...

Hi Ford Fans

Now I’m even more surprised!

Correct, When pairing my phone, all my contacts in Thai language just show up as squares on the screen. Good thing Siri still works :P

Hi Ford Fans

Surely it would support Thinglish?

Turn lept, turn light. No hab.

How's the fuel consumption with the 3.2? Also I remember hearing some complaints about no rear camera on the ford did they ever get that issue resolved?

From the posters here with them, it seems the average real world, overall consumption is around 10KM/L +1.0/-0.3.

On the highway at legal speeds it does 15-16KM/L, so it all depends on your mix of driving.

The T+ has an excellent rear camera - very detailed and crisp display.

You can look up my fuel consumption on fuelly.com ...steady driving at about 80km/hr can achieve 6.2ltrs/100kms. Fine if you like the view ...

80 km/hr?

You need a 3.2 for that? facepalm.gif

How about at 115-120 km/hr?

How's the fuel consumption with the 3.2? Also I remember hearing some complaints about no rear camera on the ford did they ever get that issue resolved?

From the posters here with them, it seems the average real world, overall consumption is around 10KM/L +1.0/-0.3.

On the highway at legal speeds it does 15-16KM/L, so it all depends on your mix of driving.

The T+ has an excellent rear camera - very detailed and crisp display.

You can look up my fuel consumption on fuelly.com ...steady driving at about 80km/hr can achieve 6.2ltrs/100kms. Fine if you like the view ...

80 km/hr?

You need a 3.2 for that? facepalm.gif

How about at 115-120 km/hr?

13-14 KM/L

you'd have to be an unapologetic Toyota fan not to buy the EV T+.

Must be lots of them judging by the current sales figures then.

The Fortuner does not need a larger engine, the 2.8 is technically far superior to the modified Transit engine being put in that Ford.

Yep, I see what you mean.

post-163537-0-96366500-1458136623_thumb.

The Toyota engine does beat the Ford on torque at 1600 RPM, be it's a pretty short lived victory tongue.png

Edited by IMHO