Lucky escape for Driver and Passengers in Pattaya Highway Minivan Fire

webfact

Lucky escape for Driver and Passengers in Pattaya Highway Minivan Fire

van-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- 4 passengers and the driver of a Toyota Minivan, were lucky to escape with their lives after their vehicle quickly became engulfed in flames as the group travelled to Bangkok.

Khun Jackgarin aged 31, the driver, had taken 4 of his friends to Pattaya for the weekend and they had just began their journey back to Bangkok and had just entered Highway 7 in East Pattaya when the minivan suddenly lost power.

The vehicle came to rest on the Hard Shoulder of the 4-lane Highway and smoke was seen coming from the Engine compartment. Khun Jackgarin told his passengers to leave the vehicle and seconds later the entire vehicle was engulfed in flames as the lucky passengers and driver looked on in disbelief.

Source: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/176452/lucky-escape-for-driver-and-passengers-in-pattaya-highway-minivan-fire/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-03-16

"Lucky escape for Driver and Passengers" to much dramatic licence... must be another slow news day.

I have seen many vehicles on fire and even had a had a van I was driving catch fire once, it will take a few minutes for a fire in the engine compartment or underneath the van to penetrate the the van unless it was involved in an accident and the gas tank ruptured, or the fire was inside the van with lots of highly flammable materials (like petrol sloshing around).

Looking at the picture, how long do you think it would take for the fire brigade to arrive?

I am sure you could evacuate one of those vans in less than 30 seconds...

Edited by Basil B

My LPG motor caught fire and it took quite a long time to be engulfed in flames. The only reason I did not do anything about the fire was I was dragged away injured and they held me back. There was no explosion either.

I cannot see why people always blame LPG.