10 days home in England - places to show the mrs?

The best thing we did was to book 2 coach trips with National holidays

http://www.nationalholidays.com/

one was 2 days in London, and the other 5 days in Scotland,

very cheap and no driving involved.

Accomadation on the tours was fairly good and the driver was always giving information

about various places we travelled through

The wife fell in love with Scotland and was happy to have a photo taken with a guy in a kilt

She was not impressed with the price of a take away Thai noodle in London..5 Quid.

Have a Nice Day.

Next time take her to England,she'll probably enjoy it more.

When was London NOT in England......eeeeeee, i dunno some people.

London is no longer England

• Like 1

Wow, I didn't realize there will be quite a number of VE Day 70th anniversary events on Friday May 8.

Touching down in London on the 6th of May, only to leave on the train for Paris on the 8th. Back to London to settle in on the 14th.

Enjoying the thread, minus trolls of course, as I will be visiting London/UK for the very first time in May. Staying with friends in outside London.

Lost of ideas here !

Dont forget to take your raincoat wellies a pullover and a case full of money . I am sure you will enjoy,,, London is a great place,i hope you enjoy your time in my

Home Town,,,,,,, By the way we do have a city in London in the East end Thats if you know what it means,as most of the western world call every dam town a city.

Last of all remember to take your spear with you,if you are visiting Oxford ST

being from the valleys and coal tips of wales i found myself taking her to places of the utmost interesting for her,[so i thought]

no.1 was to hartlepool where they hung the monkey.

no2 was the jungle on the tyne newcastle.

no3 back to LLANFAIRPWLLGWYNGYLLGOGERYCHWYRNDROBWYLL she was rearly impressed.

no4 she wanted to go to LLANDDEWI BREFI to see daffyd thomas the only gay in the village.

no 5 it was to scotland and the beautyfull isle of SKYE,now this was my moment to propose[later she said]

no6 i thought as we had only 2days left it was back to wales to something more romantic.

no 7 yes what could beat a guts full of brains SA.AT THE ARMS PARK then onto the BOMBAY INDIAN at the bottom of bute street.

well it done the trick as its over 30yrs and we are still together.

so come on guys never mind,buck.palace ect. first stop should be fish and chips in CLEETHORPES.

Did you forget how to spell the rest of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch? Mustn't forget the church of St. Tysilo and the red cave.

And as for "rearly impressed", was she looking at it from behind? (That makes it hcogogogoilisytnallllwbordnrywhcyregogllygnywgllwpriafnall.)

Or did you mean "nearly" or (less likely) "really"?

Did you forget how to spell the rest of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch? Mustn't forget the church of St. Tysilo and the red cave.

And as for "rearly impressed", was she looking at it from behind? (That makes it hcogogogoilisytnallllwbordnrywhcyregogllygnywgllwpriafnall.)

I bet ThaiVisa's spell-checker had fun with that one ! tongue.png

It must be hellish being dyslexic in Wales

• Like 1

A high priority on anyone's 'places to go' list when visiting the UK should be the cities of Cambridge or Oxford, both are tourist friendly and cater for all tastes.

A quick look around the historical colleges with their beautifully manicured gardens and a romantic afternoon punting on the river Cam (Cambridge) is an unforgettable memory. Plenty of reasonably priced guest houses available and some fantastic village pubs within easy reach from both cities.

Just a thought...........

have we not got any taffs from the south,when we talk about romantic places let me tell you,

there was no finer feeling than a knee trembler with gwyneth in the lane at the back of the double diamond club.CAERPHILLY.wub.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by meatboy

Thai temple in Wimbledon, she'll like that. Took my wife to London, Buck house, told her that's where the Queen lives....."not my Queen" was the reply, wont be bothering again.

TBH I wouldn't be taking her further than the local 7/11 again!

Hampton Court is beautiful, and its in a beautiful part of London, you can catch the Train from ''Waterloo''..

also, on the return, you can get a ''Boat'' to ''Richmond'' where you catch a connecting boat to ''Westminster''.. all very scenic and typical english..

But beautiful... well worth a visit..

enjoy whatever you get up to..

When I took my Thai wife to the UK in 2009, we stayed in a cottage in the Midlands.

She expressed a wish to go to Scotland, so I took her along the M54 motorway to mid-wales for a couple of days and told her it was Scotland.!

We ended up in Llandudno and she really enjoyed it, apart from a seagull nicking her ice cream before she had even taken a lick!

I know it was a rotten thing to do but, obviously, the Thai education system doesn't do detailed geography. Anyway, mid Wales was as beautiful as Scotland and a lot nearer. cheesy.gif

• Like 1