Night Market?

BattyBatty

Hi

I am thinking of checking out one of the night markets this week, poss even tonight. I recall someone telling me there is a rather cool market which opens at 10pm, situated close to the MRT, four or five stops up from Asoke. Can anyone confirm?

Failing that, if you guys could suggest a cool little market to check out that is not a million miles out from Lower Suk, i would be gratefull.

I guess they are just the same as the day markets, although I am told hey focus more on the fake designer stuff at wholesale prices?

Cheers

BB

I was thinking more of one of the markets that the Thai traders use, usualy opening around 10-12 at night/

it sounds like "Sapan Phut/Memorial Bridge night market " for me, but you can't go there via BTS, u need a taxi or tuk tuk

It has the variety of goods we crave, but things are CHEAPER!!!!!! (The price here is known to be lower than the one at Chatuchak weekend market. )And because it is not really a tourist landmark kind of place, you rarely see tourists in the area.

Address: Saphan Phut (Memorial Bridge)

Directions: Take a taxi to "Saphan Phut Night Market" or "Memorial Bridge Market". It is near to Chinatown

rattanakosin.gif

Hey Bambi

I think that is where I have just been, tonight. The GF suggested a place near china town, we got a taxi there and sure enough it is on the river, with a giant white wat/cheddi (spelling) on the other side of the river. A huge green bridge located about 500 yards from the center of the market, right? The market itself is on one long soi, loops around a small road island, yep?

Is this the same place? GF is asleep now, cant ask her.

If so, your advice was spot on. A top market. Actualy this is the first market i have ever been to that was more themed for guys than girls... In terms of quality and choice. The shoes are realy nice, handmade looking leather shoes for 450B, very nice. I also liked the choice of second hand trainers - im no cheap charlie, but where else in the world can you find a pair of 1980's Adidas 'Trim Trabs' for 700B, or a pair of early 90's 'Air Max' for 200B? Also, stacks of Levis copies for 350B.

Top little market that one. Like a very, very small Chatuchak (spelling?) but with far more quirky things on offer and a hel_l of a lot cheaper.

Thanks very much for the detailed info, by the way.

Hey Bambi

I think that is where I have just been, tonight. The GF suggested a place near china town, we got a taxi there and sure enough it is on the river, with a giant white wat/cheddi (spelling) on the other side of the river. A huge green bridge located about 500 yards from the center of the market, right? The market itself is on one long soi, loops around a small road island, yep?

Is this the same place? GF is asleep now, cant ask her.

yes.. i think its the same place i ment :o

near the flowery market , Pak Klong Market