Retirement Extension Jomtien

gmac

About to do my annual retirement extension and can't remember if they need photos. I seem to recall one being done at the desk but not sure, can someone please confirm. Thanks.

I did mine about a week ago. When I picked up the form from the ladies in the front they told me I needed a pic, However, when I actually got to the immigration officer to hand in paperwork, he gave it back to me and said I didn't need it.

If you have one handy, just bring it, but I'd say you don't need it.

At my last extension I needed a photo (as it is shown on the form).

But weren't there reports, that (at least some) immigrations now take the picture electronically with the cams they have installed at their desks?

Edited by KhunBENQ

At my last extension I needed a photo (as it is shown on the form).

But weren't there reports, that (at least some) immigrations now take the picture electronically with the cams they have installed at their desks?

Did mine today but provided a pic (like you as it was shown on the back/second page of the form). Copy of driving licence was accepted as proof of address.

I noticed a lady taking a pic of a guy with her mobile phone at the retirement desk but I don't know what he was actually there for.

Arrived there 3.00pm, out by 3.05pm. Only problem was it took me nearly an hour to get there as Third Road was having serious conniptions sad.png

Thanks.

Went today with one photo which they took and attached to the form so I guess it is still required. Didn't see the actual immigration official though, just a lady helper who saw me instantly, checked the documents in 2 minutes, handed me a red numbered token and said come back tomorrow after 10am to collect passport.

Pretty decent service as the place was packed out and the number system wasn't working, so I had anticipated a nightmare!

Did mine last month and they took a "webcam" photo of me..............seems to be hit and miss what they need

Took the webcam photo of me when I went back to collect my passport today. My application had a photo with it so what they actually need is still as clear as mud !

• 11 months later...

Did mine last month and they took a "webcam" photo of me..............seems to be hit and miss what they need

Took the webcam photo of me when I went back to collect my passport today. My application had a photo with it so what they actually need is still as clear as mud !

Same happened with me back in December. I thought maybe they took the webcam photo as proof that I'd collected the passport?

The TM7 application form on the downloads page at the Thai Immigration website still shows a photo being required, so I'd say it's best to attach it.

So here I am again 1 year later, renewal coming up next week and still none the wiser, think I'll get a couple of photo's done just in case!

The application form needs one picture attached, always has.

They will take your picture with a webcam the next day when you go to pick it up.

I always keep a couple of passport photos inside the passport cover... just in case.

Thanks for the replies, will get the photo's done and try and remember for next year!

The shop on the left (second furthest) will do you 4 pictures for 80 baht - takes about 5 minutes if that.

Renewed my extension last week and was in and out in about 45 minutes but went in right after lunch.

Do you need to bring (lease or proof of address , phone bill or anything if you are doing retirement extension ? Someone said at times they may ask but when I bring at times they not want just like picture as last time they took at desk . Seems like they get annoyed when I hand them too much stuff like additional bank book copies of different accounts and copy of drivers license . Maybe just have minimum of paper in hand only necessary stuff so they not get irritated having to just weed through what they need ?

Edited by Lumbini

If one moves to another city can you still do retirement extension in Jomtiem ? That office is run so well and has much help when you walk in the door and from the little shop outside that offers copy and photo services .

If one moves to another city can you still do retirement extension in Jomtiem ? That office is run so well and has much help when you walk in the door and from the little shop outside that offers copy and photo services .

A simple answer NO

Do you need to bring (lease or proof of address , phone bill or anything if you are doing retirement extension ? Someone said at times they may ask but when I bring at times they not want just like picture as last time they took at desk . Seems like they get annoyed when I hand them too much stuff like additional bank book copies of different accounts and copy of drivers license . Maybe just have minimum of paper in hand only necessary stuff so they not get irritated having to just weed through what they need ?

I included a copy of my latest Internet bill and she looked at it and kept it but did not ask to see the original or say anything about it so I would say yes. I noticed a couple in front of me where she wanted the Thai ladies Tabien Baan and ID card but he may have been on a marriage extension.

Last January, Jomtien needed a single form, one photo, original embassy income letter, one copy of the passport data and visa-relevant pages, one copy of the rental agreement and the money. Further copies of all the aforementioned was handed back to me.

You can only file at the Immigration office that has jurisdiction over your stated domicile.