PM Prayut not happy with govt PR teams

webfact

Premier not happy with govt PR teams
THE NATION

BANGKOK: -- THE PRAYUT government is seeking to step up its public relations after the PM's weekly "Return Happiness to the People" and "Thailand Moves Forward" TV programmes lost their magic.

Government spokesman Yongyuth Maiyarap yesterday called a meeting of PR people at Government House to try to come up with better ways to get out news about the government's work and achievements to grassroots communities and ensure proactive public relations.

The administration's PR teams admitted that their work has failed to reach grassroots communities and they have to adjust their methods to win the hearts of the people.

That is why the first bi-monthly colour newsletter disseminating the government's achievements was launched yesterday.

Newsletter for People has a more professional look than regular state propaganda in the eyes of some critics.

The eight-page newsletter is designed to capture readers' attention with the type of headlines used in mainstream newspapers such as "Govt insists house tax won't affect people" and "Cabinet reduces red tape in budget reimbursement 2015".

The newsletter was produced by order of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, who is reportedly not happy with the government's public relations performance.

He believed that many people in the provinces, and even in Bangkok, have not heard about the government's achievements.

The PM stressed that the newsletter must not be just state propaganda, while banning the publishing of mugshots of ministers and high-ranking officials on any government press release.

The poor public relations has been linked to the government's decision to slash funding for state advertising on billboards at major intersections and streets, as well as through newspaper and television ads.

The PM just wants his PR people to tell the truth about what the government is doing to resolve problems.

It is not known how big the circulation of the tabloid will be but the government will also disseminate the information contained in it on all government websites.

Public Relations Department chief Apinan Chantharangsi is the editor of the newsletter, with seven other staffers on the editorial team.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Premier-not-happy-with-govt-PR-teams-30256162.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-17

The Prayuth good news show has English language sub-titles and a person signing for the deaf people, the set always looks good, the PM always looks good.....what could possibly go wrong!

Although I have to admit I usually drop off to sleep at about the 30 second mark!

• Like 1

So it took him 10 months to figure this out.

If people were allowed to speak to him then he could have fixed the problem 9 months ago. Didn't he sack P.R staff about 9 months ago because they tried to steer him along the right path.

The general has a point. His info people are under performing. True, it is a difficult regime to sell and promote, but if they were to focus on some accomplishments it would help. All the admin needs to do is to provide some successful events to highlight. I don't know what the admin has achieved, so perhaps that would be a starting point. I know this sounds odd, but I am beginning to sympathize with general. He's surrounded by incompetents who won't even go after the easy victories like getting rid of the jet ski thugs in Phuket.

• Like 2

The general has a point. His info people are under performing. True, it is a difficult regime to sell and promote, but if they were to focus on some accomplishments it would help. All the admin needs to do is to provide some successful events to highlight. I don't know what the admin has achieved, so perhaps that would be a starting point. I know this sounds odd, but I am beginning to sympathize with general. He's surrounded by incompetents who won't even go after the easy victories like getting rid of the jet ski thugs in Phuket.

Just a thought but the PM doesn't seem big on delegation plus being hard to please so it might make subordinates hesitant to be too proactive without the nod from on high and so get on the wrong side of that temper.

As for good PR he doesn't set much of a positive example.

From fruit vendors to the highest ranks they don't get the point: It's the goods that sell- not the decoration.

After the statements and inappropriate behavior of the dear leader, being in charge for his PR must be a job in hell

• Like 2

Turd polishing is one thing, but when you're a gaffe prone dinosaur at the best of time anybody with any amount of intelligence can see straight through the spin. It's embarrassing frankly, but still pretty comical all the same.

• Like 2

Prayut just needs to stop talking and start doing real things that help real people.

Here's a suggestion: Improve infrastructure

Provide garbage collection for ALL people in Thailand.

Provide clean water from clean sources for all of Thailand.

Pave more roads so people don't break their cars and bikes getting to their homes.

Provide much better education and qualified teachers.

Provide free medical for children.

Provide school food programs.

Basically, bring this country into the 21st century for ALL the people in Thailand, most especially the poor people. This is what a government is supposed to do...WORK FOR THE PEOPLE.

and pay us for our 2013 harvest