New work permit and visa advice

Next week i will start at a new school. They will process a new work permit and subsequent extension of stay. My understanding is when i ( the new school) submit the paperwork for the new workpermit do i the wait for the new book ( 10 days??) before i cancel the old work permit and then go to immigration to cancel my existing extension stay and apply for a new extension of stay. Secondly when i canx my existing work permit do i also need a letter from my old school confirming it should be canx or can i just canx myself? People are telling me i probably need to go out of the country but i'm sure it can be done ( at least used to be) within Thailand. I'm just not sure of the timings etc. I would be grateful if anyone has recently done this and can advise. My immigration office and labour department is in Samutprakan. Thankyou

When your job finishes you need to cancel your WP and extension of stay at immigration and at that day leave Thailand or apply for a new extension of stay based on a new reason (your new job).

What you do is cancel your current WP and at the same time apply for a new WP. You can do this without the help of the old school, but immigration might want to see a letter from the old school regarding your last day of employement to check if you are not on overstay.

At the labour office you either get the WP the same day or you can ask for a WP3 approval form, to show immigration. Based on that and with the paperwork from the school immigration will give you an extension of stay, after you have cancelled the current permission to stay.

Once your new school has applied for your new work permit and have gotten a letter of approval for the application you can apply for the new extension of stay.

You will need a letter from your current school to cancel your extension so that you can apply for the new extension. The letter needs to state that your employment ends on the date you go to immigration or a day or two after.

After your current work permit is canceled you will be able to have your new one issued.

For blacks, if you change from one province to another, if you are not very lucky, you must get a new Non B. Some provinces insist on blacks getting a new Non B when they change school from one province to another.But if you change school in the same province, then a new Non B is not required.

For blacks, if you change from one province to another, if you are not very lucky, you must get a new Non B. Some provinces insist on blacks getting a new Non B when they change school from one province to another.But if you change school in the same province, then a new Non B is not required.

"for blacks" ??

"for blacks" ??

Yes, that is what they are asked to do. Sometimes whites and blacks or lets say native speakers are not treated the same. I don't know if every person is subjected to getting a new Non B when they change from one school to another school in a different province is supposed to get a new Non B. But many blacks have been asked to go for a new Non B when they change from one school to another school in a different province.

Yes, that is what they are asked to do. Sometimes whites and blacks or lets say native speakers are not treated the same. I don't know if every person is subjected to getting a new Non B when they change from one school to another school in a different province is supposed to get a new Non B. But many blacks have been asked to go for a new Non B when they change from one school to another school in a different province.

Not sure what the definition of "blacks" would be (all foreigners are non native speakers), but what you say is disconcerting and doesn't match any other report here.