Childhood. .Can you remember? A U.K. orientated topic

siampolee

There is little I can add to this thread apart from a big thank you to all you guys who posted.

To quote from Tony the Tigers Frosties advert

Have a Grreeaaaaaaattttttttttt day.

How about mum handing out Smiths crisps, unwrapping that little blue thingy of salt, sprinkling it over the chips, and then, the "piece de resistance"........mum shaking malt vinegar on them....Yeeeeeeeeeeh....thumbsup.gif ..............clap2.gif

How could you ever forget the little blue packs of salt, many times you would get none, other times anywhere from one to six.

• Like 1

We older chaps should remember this well, (well I can anyway) also the link to whirligig is worth a trip if one wishes to ramble down Nostalgia lane too.

http://www.andmas.co.uk

As an aside the only link I have to the site is the fact that I find it very enjoyable.

Here is another classic from I think the 1960's Great talent from the late Flanders and Swann.

Edited by siampolee

The delights of the internet ,Here is a link to the''Murray Mints'' adverts plus a plethora of other ''classic adverts too of the mid 1950's to sometime in the 1960'scheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

I can clearly recall this show from my young days with Annette Mills who was John Mills sister.

Annette Mills died of cancer and I was very upset at time because if my memeory is correct the show stopped.

Here is a selection of Muffing the Mule episodes.

I'll ignore any innuendo's that refer to ''Muffing the Mule and any other smutty comments concerning Willy etc'' cheesy.gif

Edited by siampolee

berybert.

I've just downloaded the complete series of Sapphire and Steel,

transam. I have the complete series of Z Cars too

Edited by siampolee

berybert.

I've just downloaded the complete series of Sapphire and Steel,

transam. I have the complete series of Z Cars too

I watched every episode of Sapphire and Steel except the last one because I went to watch England play at Wembley. It was Glenn Hoddles debut for the team.

I got my mum to tape the episode on cassette. !!!

In the end the game was called off because of fog and I never did get to hear the last one as I don't think my mum knew how to work the cassette player.

Edited by berybert