Threatened with death

jackted

Why can't these two threads be merged into Thailand News? Surely a larger audience could help this family.

Social media is a powerful tool here in Thailand. If you do have CCTV evidence, post the clip on as many important Facebook pages (with links to these threads) as you can. I'd begin with the CTH Facebook page....

Why can't these two threads be merged into Thailand News? Surely a larger audience could help this family.

Social media is a powerful tool here in Thailand. If you do have CCTV evidence, post the clip on as many important Facebook pages (with links to these threads) as you can. I'd begin with the CTH Facebook page....

Because maybe it does not belong in Thailand news. So far we only heard the story from a desperate person. I'm not sure if its true or not but the first thinkg he should do is contact a lawyer or the real police,

Or the Thai media , they would love to print this if its true.

Or he could contact some of his friends , or even other locals he know to follow this up . This is just a forum , if he has no other options I suggest he contact one of the administrators here and leave his phone number so they can find a trustworthy person in his area to try to help .

Edited by balo

Has a formal complaint been lodged with the Police about this alleged KIDNAPPING, ASSAULT & ROBBERY ?

What help are you expecting to receive from a forum?

Koh Chang is small island. I can`t report ot too the police.....they were part of the gang that kidnapped us!

There`s no "alleged" about it. It happened, it was terrifyingly real. I have proof and witnesses.

I have reached out in desperation to lots of people. I have never been in this situation. I have no idea what to do. The Army seem powerless. The British Embassy can do nothing. I reached out to this forum to see if any members had any advise on what the hell I should do. I am scared for my family.

What`s your advice for me and my family?

Because maybe it does not belong in Thailand news. So far we only heard the story from a desperate person. I'm not sure if its true or not but the first thinkg he should do is contact a lawyer or the real police,

Or the Thai media , they would love to print this if its true.

Or he could contact some of his friends , or even other locals he know to follow this up . This is just a forum , if he has no other options I suggest he contact one of the administrators here and leave his phone number so they can find a trustworthy person in his area to try to help .

1 It is true. My staff, customers and friends witnessed me leave with what I thought at the time were real agents from CTH and the 2 police officers that work at Chai Chet Police Station. We have photographic proof. Once at he police station the police departed leaving us in the hands of thee thugs. They made sure we could not take footage. Where they made me take out money from my ATM they were skilled enough to be away from the CCTV of the ATM. I made several calls to fiends whilst we were kidnapped but had to stop because they tried to take my phone. Bravely when my wife was alone in the main police station she got off a sneaky photo of one of the gangsters inside the police station

2. I did contact my Thai lawyer several times. This happened late Saturday evening and he didn`t want to know. He will be replaced.

3. I have no experience of this or contacting Thai media. By not taking this lying down like all businesses do here I am not making myself popular with these gangsters or the police. I don`t know which media is the best to contact or who. I a about to contact The Bangkok post. But I have no idea if that would be the best option or not

4I have contacted my friends. Most of them say `well that`s just part of business life here. You get shake downs, pay a fee, suck it up`. A few have said take it further like to the Army here. I did but they seem in no hurry to do anything about it.

5 I will leave my number if I can get a trustworthy contact with some clout who can do something about this

Has a formal complaint been lodged with the Police about this alleged KIDNAPPING, ASSAULT & ROBBERY ?

Koh Chang is small island. I can`t report ot too the police.....they were part of the gang that kidnapped us!

There`s no "alleged" about it. It happened, it was terrifyingly real. I have proof and witnesses.

I have reached out in desperation to lots of people. I have never been in this situation. I have no idea what to do. The Army seem powerless. The British Embassy can do nothing. I reached out to this forum to see if any members had any advise on what the hell I should do. I am scared for my family.

Err, get off the island, move, vamos, get the hell out of Dodge...

Besides that, I'm not sure what you think anyone on TVF can do for you...

• Like 2

Pack up and Move for you and your family's safety...

Yes that has obviously crossed my mind..... but my main income source is my restaurant based here (I leave - who runs that?), I just built a house here (what happens to that?)...my life and friends are here...Of course the safety of my family is paramount but it`s just not as simple as `packing up and moving`

Err, get off the island, move, vamos, get the hell out of Dodge...

Besides that, I'm not sure what you think anyone on TVF can do for you...

You might be right cowboy....but who then runs my restaurant?

So you don`t think there is anyone on TVF that can help? Nobody has been through something similar before? You may be right. Worth a try though right when I`m so bloody desperate and frightened or shouldn`t I have bothered?

I really feel sorry for you guys.

To me the scariest bit is the police walking out once you got taken to the cop shop. That is frightening.

If it were me and I had my young family there I'd leave. I'd sell up and go.

Nothing to stop this happening again. You need to look after your kids and wife first stuff the house and business, sell them.

But that's just me.

• Like 1

If no one n the island is willing to help you then I would not stay on the island

If they get away with it once, they will do it again and again

The business is not worth putting your families and your own security and happiness at risk

Sell the business and leave

Not a situation I'd like to find myself in.

I think you have a fork in the road - fight to the end or leave now.

Fighting to the end will have consequences, whether now or in the future, but you expose and embarrass some pretty powerful people, and they will do their best of that not to happen. Bad things are likely to happen.

Leaving now will cost you initially, but I would be thinking of my pregnant wife and young son. Perhaps they can go somewhere safe (off the island) while you take up the fight?

Of course, you could just shut up and do nothing...but they will be back.

But we have learned time and time again, the only way to get action in Thailand is to embarrass them internationally. Within Thailand is useless, because things like this are an everyday occurrence. You have to get on an International news website or better still, a newspaper for any action to happen.

You have the CCTV, you have witnesses, you have the 60,000 withdrawal slips (or bank book).

Imagine how simple it would be in CTH just gave you a sticker like a car registration sticker to prove you have paid...why don't they do that?

Good luck.

• Like 2

1. Create a paper trail via the appropriate embassy & social media.

2. Run the affair past drummond.

HTH

1. Contacted the embassy - they can do nothing

...except let the authorities know of a threat to their nationals including a child that won't be taken lightly if esculated, and to offer valuable background prior to arrest. Neanderthal thugs usually come unstuck & leg it as soon as the tables are reversed. Edited by evadgib

Can you go meet with CTH in BKK if they won't come to you?

Personally I think they are the problem.

They need to stand behind their subscribers, provide some sort of evidence that you have a licence, and tell you how to deal with these thugs should they come around.

...and if you are a current subscriber and you do get a shake down, they should reimburse you...although I can see that opens the door for more scams.

That will force them to provide clear proof of your license so that this cannot happen.

I'd probably explore that route initially to try and recover my money and stop it happening again...and avoid problems.

I thought he said they weren't real cth employees?

The real issue here is the police turning their backs at the cop shop.

• Like 1