Step On a Tick Barefoot

yuki89

Hi guys, Just yesterday when I was wearing my shoe without noticing anything inside my shoe, I step on a engorged tick in it. and my toe was full with its blood, but i don't know whether did it bit me or it just happened to be in there all of the sudden. I checked my feet and i cant see any tick bite mark around it.

here's a picture of my feet that stepped on a tick and can anyone help me to determine any tick bite mark on it?

post-118654-0-31586200-1426736979_thumb.

and here's a picture of the squashed tick, i throw it after i step on it, which i am quite regretting after doing that.

post-118654-0-29721200-1426737016_thumb.

My questions is,

1. should i be worry abt lyme diseases or any diseases that will cause by the tick.

2. and also the tick egg which i heard will burst out if the female tick is being squashed

Thanks for helping, and my apologies for the picture if is too disturbing or offensive.

the ticks that bite me in the past in Europe left a clearly visible red spot. More clear than a mosquito bite.

So you wouldn't miss it.

I guess either it bite you somewhere you can't see (back), or someone else (wife, dog, cat, rat whatever is running around that has blood).

Our dog hat a lot ticks and left them everywhere....so if you have a dog I would guess he is the source. Or some cat that comes and goes.....

• Like 1

the ticks that bite me in the past in Europe left a clearly visible red spot. More clear than a mosquito bite.

So you wouldn't miss it.

I guess either it bite you somewhere you can't see (back), or someone else (wife, dog, cat, rat whatever is running around that has blood).

Our dog hat a lot ticks and left them everywhere....so if you have a dog I would guess he is the source. Or some cat that comes and goes.....

so for i didnt noticed any red spot and, how does the bite spot feel ? pain and tingling or no feeling at all?

Amputation is the only way. Get rid of the foot before you die.

or at least sterilize the effected area with a torch....

I did sterilize with soap, 64.6% alcohol that u can buy in any pharmacy in Thailand, and dettol......

So you wouldn't miss it.

so for i didnt noticed any red spot and, how does the bite spot feel ? pain and tingling or no feeling at all?

Can't recall exactly, but usually the tick is slow, it is itching and when you scratch you have the tick hanging there, who slowly get full. It usually get red and a bit infected.

They like areas like between the toes (you would know), between your legs, under the arms....just everywhere where the skin is thin and it is nice moisture warm and cosy.

If you had not anything itching and nothing on your back (where I am not very sensitive) than it didn't bite you.

Of course if you have a lot bites from mosquitos it could be that one of it was in fact from the tick.

Amputation is the only way. Get rid of the foot before you die.

or at least sterilize the effected area with a torch....

I did sterilize with soap, 64.6% alcohol that u can buy in any pharmacy in Thailand, and dettol......

If you don't see something on it, you don't have a bite......don't worry......

If no red spot....no bite....and the bite needs a long time.....and not every bite causes problems. And foreign blood on healthy skin normally doesn't cause any problems.

So your wife can cancel the booking for furnace at the local temple tongue.png . You'll be OK!

And the alcohol should be used oral drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEEfKmimwR It doesn't help but it is more fun on your last day before dieing of ticktitis......

• Like 1

What do you want done with your ashes?

time is ticking.

dont laugh but every time i get one[bite] i hold a hot cup to it.[it works]

anyway its the little brown bastards with legs that bite and hang on.

Edited by meatboy
  • Like 1

Nothing to worry about i also think.

It's those darn little tiny ones (especially from dogs) that scare me because they can be hard to see/detect.

I guess when they drink enough blood they get big enough to see?

For removal: Vaseline, they suffocate and let go.

DON'T worry. To transmit a disease a tick must first bite, absorb the nourishment provided by its meal and then regurgitate what it can't use back into its victim. Small ticks don't do this but irritate all the more. I and my wife take ticks off our dogs every day and as often as not squash them with our finger nails ain't dead yet. A large, fairly immobile tick will quite likely have laid its eggs on a host and is dying.

It's those darn little tiny ones (especially from dogs) that scare me because they can be hard to see/detect.

Actually easy to remove by hand though care needs to be taken to not rip of the head or squeeze the stomach contents back in.

yes as long as I know the tiny and the big ones before they drank blood.

like a balloon

• 2 weeks later...

Actually easy to remove by hand though care needs to be taken to not rip of the head or squeeze the stomach contents back in.

To avoid squashing them or leaving the head in the wound, I get a small plastic teaspoon, cut off the bowl and cut a small v-notch in the end. Just get the notch between tick & skin and twist - out it comes, intact, unsquashed. Works for me with almost any size tick.

Only done on dogs, BTW.

Sorry about the poor picture.

post-101232-0-18242800-1427691322_thumb.

To avoid squashing them or leaving the head in the wound, I get a small plastic teaspoon, cut off the bowl and cut a small v-notch in the end. Just get the notch between tick & skin and twist - out it comes, intact, unsquashed. Works for me with almost any size tick.

Only done on dogs, BTW.

Sorry about the poor picture.

To add: if living the head in the wound, it isn't a drama as well, it can be removed afterwards, with luck with the fingernails or a needle. Of course not good and pulling it out with head is better. But if it happens that the head is left there, it not a big problem.

But it should be removed to prevent bigger infections.