Retirement extension today CW Bangkok

Arrived 0845 and out the door 1100 hrs. Only gave them a completed TM7 with attached photo. photo copies of passport and departure card, all signed. Income affidavit from the US consulate. Signed and filled out a couple of in-house forms they provided. Paid 1900 baht and good to go for another year.

The only glitch was a 20 min wait for the supervisor to return to sign off.

simple and fast the only way to go for extensions if qualified.

• Like 2

Yes I do since both them were in English and Thai One was about where I live and that it was correct and the other was that I understood the rules and penalties if I violate the terms for the extension.

pmarlin,

I just did a 90 day report on Wednesday in CM Immigration office......(2nd 90 day on the retirement visa). Was there at 8am, and finished at 9am.......

What exactly do I need to extend the retirement visa? I didn't see any forms or exact details needed for the extension?

I know, I need new photos, verification of income and savings accounts to show a total of 800,000B.......but other forms, such as address or whatever, I'm clueless? I have 2 more 90 day copies for reporting, but don't know what else is needed for the 2nd year extention, (forms. etc)?

. Thanks.....any info would be appreciated...

pmarlin,

I just did a 90 day report on Wednesday in CM Immigration office......(2nd 90 day on the retirement visa). Was there at 8am, and finished at 9am.......

What exactly do I need to extend the retirement visa? I didn't see any forms or exact details needed for the extension?

I know, I need new photos, verification of income and savings accounts to show a total of 800,000B.......but other forms, such as address or whatever, I'm clueless? I have 2 more 90 day copies for reporting, but don't know what else is needed for the 2nd year extention, (forms. etc)?

It will be the same as the first extension. A TM7 form and your financial proof. If using money in the bank it will need to there for 3 months prior to the date you apply for the extension of stay.

I will do you one better 90 day reporting in at 2.00 pm out at 215 PM how is that for speeding through

I have very rarely spent more than 30 minutes for and extension, 15-20 minutes for the 90 day is standard and that is eight years now--no doubt, it depends on how busy the office is-- I use Hatyai

pmarlin,

It will be the same as the first extension. A TM7 form and your financial proof. If using money in the bank it will need to there for 3 months prior to the date you apply for the extension of stay.

I am doing mine next week. For the financial side I have had the 800,000B in the bank for the required 3 months. Do they want a bank letter or will the bank book on its own be accepted?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

pmarlin,

I am doing mine next week. For the financial side I have had the 800,000B in the bank for the required 3 months. Do they want a bank letter or will the bank book on its own be accepted?

You will require a letter from the bank.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

pmarlin,

You will require a letter from the bank.

Thanks.

First time I extended at Sri Racha, like you I took all completed docs with me. In and out in 20 mins!!!! Yes 20 mins.

This year extra docs demanded. TM30 to be completed and printed at 90day check in desk....extra 45 mins. PLUS now go to local hospital for certificate of medical health....extra half day.

Probably the same procedure again next year if they can still be arsed unless the general has given way to an elected civilian before thencheesy.gif Pink squadron on flypast now.

Does the 800k need to be in the bank or can you have it in your Thai cooperative saving bank at work.. Credit union?

You will need to explain that as I have never heard of a legal "Credit Union" existing within Thailand.

Perhaps you could name these "Credit Unions" ?

Does the 800k need to be in the bank or can you have it in your Thai cooperative saving bank at work.. Credit union?

You will need to explain that as I have never heard of a legal "Credit Union" existing within Thailand.

What I mean is a cooperative saving system from your work, I call it a credit union because it functions as one, like the ones back in the states...

I have to look for the book, but it starts out as cooperative saving...

What I mean is a cooperative saving system from your work, I call it a credit union because it functions as one, like the ones back in the states...

I have to look for the book, but it starts out as cooperative saving...

The answer will , almost certainly , be no !

Thailand is not a version of the "States" ! smile.png

First time I extended at Sri Racha, like you I took all completed docs with me. In and out in 20 mins!!!! Yes 20 mins.

This year extra docs demanded. TM30 to be completed and printed at 90day check in desk....extra 45 mins. PLUS now go to local hospital for certificate of medical health....extra half day.

Probably the same procedure again next year if they can still be arsed unless the general has given way to an elected civilian before thencheesy.gif Pink squadron on flypast now.

What's this medical cert.,your breathing aren't you.Is this a local "rule"?

What's this medical cert.,your breathing aren't you.Is this a local "rule"?

Yes a local rule. There are one or two other rogue offices that ask for it also.

Well for a start there is the Khlong Chan Credit Union, but as that is the one involved in the Wat Dhammakaya scandal you probably would not want to have your money with them. But yes, there are credit unions in Thailand, not really aimed at farang customers though.

• Like 1