Est. Housing / Living Costs In Cha Am?

pianoman

Question for those living in Cha Am.. I have been there only twice, but found it to be both beautiful and relaxing... I am considering the possiblity of renting a decent 2 bedroom either apartment / condo or house very close to the beach, to use as a 2nd home when visiting from Issan.. (maybe 1 or 2 weeks each month)..

I know that everybody's tastes varies, and such do the costs, but I would appreciate some ranges to consider... Also, the est. costs of utilities & Cable...

Thank you in advance...

Pianoman

Hi

Most people who come to Cha Am frequently but do not wish to buy or rent long trm stay at condo's who offer very good rates depending on the type of living accommadation required.

A condo complex with swimmingpool on the beech is about 6000 baht a month all in.

• 6 years later...

That is pretty cheap, I've heard good things about this Cha Am place lately.

Do you have any idea what time the bars close there - regular beer bars that is ?

Depending if they got an old or new licence it is either 1am or 2 am however the police presence is minimal and its not uncommom that you will see bars still open at 5 0r 6 am....although no music playing............but Cha am is mostly local expats or people that have been visiting for years. Although there is about 40 bars in Cha am if you want beer bars go to Hua Hin or somewhere else.

Plenty of townhouses near the beach for rent....starts approx 7K upwards ...just remember you get what you pay for...cable TV is 320 a month, electric and water the same as anywhere unless of course you are in a complex and the developer charges extra....not sure where a 2 bed condo near the beach can be rented for 6k, maybe erco could let you know