Foreign Tourists Allegedly Dumped on Tollway by Thai Taxi

Lite Beer

Interesting reading here!!

>>On Saturday, Land Transport Deputy Director Suchart Klinsuwan said he had talked to Surachai’s friend who found the family and who took the picture and the friend said he was not sure that the family had been abandoned by a taxi.
Suchart said Surachai’s friend spotted the family walking to the Asoke gate at about 5:50 pm so he offered them a ride and pointed them out how to get out of the expressway. The friend admitted that he did not see any taxi at the spot.
Suchart also checked with an official the Asoke gateway and found out that the farang couple did not cry foul that they had been abandoned. They simply said calmly that they wanted to go to the Tourism Authority of Thailand head office on the Phetchaburi Road to get more tourist information.<< Quote
Well time for all posters on this thread to take a deep breath and swallow....................coffee1.gif

Interesting reading here!!

>>On Saturday, Land Transport Deputy Director Suchart Klinsuwan said he had talked to Surachai’s friend who found the family and who took the picture and the friend said he was not sure that the family had been abandoned by a taxi.
Suchart said Surachai’s friend spotted the family walking to the Asoke gate at about 5:50 pm so he offered them a ride and pointed them out how to get out of the expressway. The friend admitted that he did not see any taxi at the spot.
Suchart also checked with an official the Asoke gateway and found out that the farang couple did not cry foul that they had been abandoned. They simply said calmly that they wanted to go to the Tourism Authority of Thailand head office on the Phetchaburi Road to get more tourist information.<< Quote
Well time for all posters on this thread to take a deep breath and swallow....................coffee1.gif

Link to the above quote here - news.thaivisa.com

I would have dragged the little c##t out of his taxi,shoved him in the boot and drove to the nearest canal,no way would i accept being left on a busy tollway with a woman and kid!!!!

I agree. If he tried that and my wife and child were involved, we're going to have a scuffle. He may win but he won't get away clean as I'd go after him tooth and nail. If it weren't for the wife and child, it wouldn't be so bad but when they are involved, this guy needs his ass whipped and then put in a nice jail cell to contemplate where he may have gone wrong.

Lol

Is your name Bruce Lee?

• Like 1

story does not make much sense with the taxi making no money on the trip. missing the turnoff just increases the fare.

unless they paid anyway or beforehand for some strange reason.

The same tinge happen to my friends two years ago, when thee ask the driver to slow down, the driver stop on the highway and say get out of the car. it was small children plus one women sex mount pregnant on the car. After one hours calling back and forward he take them to the airport. For info Ban Chang taxi. Never use them any more.

Igloman

There is probably more to this story. It's too easy to just to blame the taxi driver, I agree with earlier posters that it might have been a discussion about the toll taxes, maybe they only had the exact cash with them to pay , or they believed the driver was cheating them . Maybe the baby had to get some fresh air , we don't know really and will never know unless the tourists read thaivisa.

The mentality of some locals seriously need to reform too.

This is too much if the incident is real. The tourist even has a baby with them. The driver is heartless dumping them just like that.

People say Thailand is a beautiful city, the national religion is Buddhism.

Koon Thai jai dee (Thai people good heart)

Locals has been portrayed as good hearted people, kind to others.

But what is the reality?

It seems that we are getting difficult to see anyone fit into this category nowadays.

It's time for the need to change our mindset. Humanity is not only use on same nationality, same race or particular group. It applies to every each human being regardless where you are. We should help the needy as we can. Thai people also like to travel oversea a lot. What if today your husband/wife/mother/father/children happen the same thing , been dump in the middle of dont know where. What will you feel?

In Buddhism, they talk about karma. It is a cycle. Karma will bite us back one day.

Do things with conscience.

Edited by Smokemachine
  • Like 1

Just to bring this topic up to date:

Several Thai online news websites played up the issue, with headlines like Suvarnabhumi airport taxi did it again.
But Phet Chuncharoen, deputy director of the Suvarnabhumi airport, said airport officials checked the footage of passengers taking taxis at all gates of the airport on March 16 and did not spot the family as shown in the photo.
On Saturday, Land Transport Deputy Director Suchart Klinsuwan said he had talked to Surachai’s friend who found the family and who took the picture and the friend said he was not sure that the family had been abandoned by a taxi.
Suchart also checked with an official the Asoke gateway and found out that the farang couple did not cry foul that they had been abandoned. They simply said calmly that they wanted to go to the Tourism Authority of Thailand head office on the Phetchaburi Road to get more tourist information.
tvn.png
-- March 22, 2015
  • Like 2

I generally have pretty good luck with Taxi's, but I don't mess with them if they don't want to go to a certain destination. I just get another one. A number of years ago, however, my elderly parents were visiting and we took a taxi to a popular tourist destination. About 1/2 way there the traffic was bad and the taxi driver just told us to 'get out' as he decided he didn't want to go there. It was a rather unpleasant experience.

Recently, I had one that 'decided' he had a low tire and didn't want to take me to my destination after we were enroute. He was a lot nicer, however, as he flagged down another taxi for me and didn't charge me for the distance that we had gone.

Leaving anyone on the expressway is pretty unforgivable, but parents with a child and luggage should result in legal prosecution.

In 2002,...

In 2002?

Let it go can you?

I love how the local lynch squad has crucified the taxi driver based on a single photo.

It could represent any of the following...

1.The male farang noticed they were going the wrong way...got upset and demanded to be let out.

2. The farangs noticed the fare was getting a bit higher than their low class hippie budget allowed for and asked to be let out.,

3. They declared to the driver they had no money ... the driver kicked them out. (Fair enough)

Or ... the current opinion...

4. The driver was an insane nutter...lost face missing the turn off, didn't care about lost money....kicked farangs out.

xpost-218648-0-32901500-1426860640_thumb

I'm putting my money on number 2.

blink.png

As much as I'd hate to admit it, you may be on the money with number 2.

I also for one, have never had 1 issue with a taxi driver in BKK.

Not saying they are all above board, but an incident like this, I'd agree to sides to every story.

• Like 1

Several Thai online news websites played up the issue, with headlines like Suvarnabhumi airport taxi did it again.
But Phet Chuncharoen, deputy director of the Suvarnabhumi airport, said airport officials checked the footage of passengers taking taxis at all gates of the airport on March 16 and did not spot the family as shown in the photo.
On Saturday, Land Transport Deputy Director Suchart Klinsuwan said he had talked to Surachai’s friend who found the family and who took the picture and the friend said he was not sure that the family had been abandoned by a taxi.
Suchart also checked with an official the Asoke gateway and found out that the farang couple did not cry foul that they had been abandoned. They simply said calmly that they wanted to go to the Tourism Authority of Thailand head office on the Phetchaburi Road to get more tourist information.
tvn.png

-- March 22, 2015

Hmm, how nice for all the officials to be able to clear all this up for us.

Not saying they are being economical with the truth, I'm sure they're not.

Still very nice for them, when all's said and done.

And convenient .

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Bravo to Si Thea 01. He has profoundly placed this caper in perspective. He (I assume he is a he) raised the questions that so many others should have considered before they condemned Thai "transportation" services.

While "a picture may be worth a thousand words", in this case, the cliché failed dismally. Most members seemed all too ready to accept the hokey words that accompanied the picture. It didn't require a degree in criminology to know that the picture and the wording were incongruous.

So much for social media postings !

I hope that couple are enjoying their Thai vacation and the associated 15 minutes of fame.

Bravo to Si Thea 01. He has profoundly placed this caper in perspective. He (I assume he is a he) raised the questions that so many others should have considered before they condemned Thai "transportation" services.

While "a picture may be worth a thousand words", in this case, the cliché failed dismally. Most members seemed all too ready to accept the hokey words that accompanied the picture. It didn't require a degree in criminology to know that the picture and the wording were incongruous.

I hope that couple are enjoying their Thai vacation and the associated 15 minutes of fame.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us Mr. Hindsight!!

So much easier to place your bet after the match has been played.................coffee1.gif

tvn.png

-- March 22, 2015

So very convenient!! (for TAT)

You just don't walk onto a Tollway by mistake!! Through the pay booth with backpack, kid and guitar, without anyone reacting!!

So take your pick: Story 1 or Story 2??

Or something in between??coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing your wisdom with us Mr. Hindsight!!

So much easier to place your bet after the match has been played.................coffee1.gif

Go back in the posts a day or two. I didn't want to say "I told you so" but I called it this way quite early, just in a shorter version. Once you have done due diligence and read my previous post, you will realize what a fool you were to jump the gun and pull the trigger on me with your sharp remarks.

So pal, there was not bet. Had there been, the jackpot would have been mine !

Mr. Foresight !!

• Like 2

Yeah, right!

These guys were just merely walking out onto the tollway, by themselves...as it happens so many times, with tourists, with full luggage and a bay in tow!

This is a bit, like with the UFO- believers and the latest Mars- pics.

You see an object, that vaguely resembles something, for example : a lizard!

Now there are 2 options:

a) it is an actual lizard...on Mars!

b )it is a rock and the light and shadows make it look like a lizard.

Of course...you opt for a) because ....that makes absolutely no ' sense!

Here we have a couple of tourists, with luggage and a baby:

Did they

a) walk into traffic onto the tollway?

or

b )get kicked out by the taxi-driver (for whatever reason) in the middle of said tollway?

Really hard to decide!

Edited by DM07
  • Like 2

Yeah, right!

These guys were just merely walking out onto the tollway, by themselves...as it happens so many times, with tourists, with full luggage and a bay in tow!

Now there are 2 options:

Did they

or

b )get kicked out by the taxi-driver (for whatever reason) in the middle of said tollway?

Really hard to decide!

Anybody with an open mind should have placed their bet on A.

The picture and the byline just didn't add up.

But the Thai bashers and taxi bashers seized the opportunity and jumped on the bandwagon, ignoring the obvious.

There really are lizards on Mars ....... aren't there ???

• Like 2

Yeah, right!

Now there are 2 options:

Did they

or

Really hard to decide!

But the Thai bashers and taxi bashers seized the opportunity and jumped on the bandwagon, ignoring the obvious.

Offering criticism of someone who has dumped people on the side of the road isn't bashing, Thai or taxi drivers or whatever. It's justifiable.

related topic:

Officials doubt over farang family dumped by taxi
By Coconuts Bangkok

farang_family_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Transportation officials raised doubts over a viral story about a tourist family traveling with a baby being dumped by a taxi along a highway last week.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/811108-thai-transportation-officials-doubt-over-farang-family-dumped-by-taxi/

• Like 1

related topic:

Officials doubt over farang family dumped by taxi

By Coconuts Bangkok

farang_family_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Transportation officials raised doubts over a viral story about a tourist family traveling with a baby being dumped by a taxi along a highway last week.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/811108-thai-transportation-officials-doubt-over-farang-family-dumped-by-taxi/

Hmm, interesting story, in effect an explanation that explains nothing.

story does not make much sense with the taxi making no money on the trip. missing the turnoff just increases the fare.

unless they paid anyway or beforehand for some strange reason.

The same tinge happen to my friends two years ago, when thee ask the driver to slow down, the driver stop on the highway and say get out of the car. it was small children plus one women sex mount pregnant on the car. After one hours calling back and forward he take them to the airport. For info Ban Chang taxi. Never use them any more.

Igloman

'Sex mount' in the back of the taxi, suprised the driver didn't join in!!!!!!!!

A ) They walked onto the expressway.... highly unlikely. There's no way they can walk past the gates and not get stopped. Apart from that, the Bangkok expressways look very similar to expressways in western countries despite the signage and language.

B ) They got kicked out of a taxi on the expressway.... highly unlikely. But our resident Thai bashers are just lapping that up. Even the authorities investigation and explanation is a 'they really hate us' inside, conspiracy job for them.

or

C ) They realised that they were going on an expressway and wanted to stop and walk. They can't speak Thai and the taxi driver may have spoken better broken English that them so he obliged the 'crazy' farang.

tvn.png

-- March 22, 2015

They didn´t come in a taxi from the airport they came in a minivan from Sa Kaeo Province heading to Khaosan Road and they left the minivan during a toilet brake at the tollway services.

http://www.stickboybangkok.com/news/farrangs-tollway-minivan-no-taxi/

Edited by Skywalker69
  • Like 1

I am not buying the "van-toilet"-story...but IF that is true, this couple is some of the dumbest effjucikay's I have ever seen and should get a visit from their social child-security service.

Bickering and name calling posts going back aways have been removed, please cease this personal war of words as no one else wants to read it, Thank you.

From the article :

"After all the shouting and screaming and demands for a taxi drivers head to roll and his license revoked for dumping a foreign couple and their toddler on a Bangkok tollway last week, it turns out they were in a minivan coming from Sa Kaeo Province and not from Suvarnabhumi airport in a taxi as was widely reported.

It has also come to light they weren’t dumped anywhere by anyone either. They took their luggage and chose to walk during a toilet stop."

"The power of reporting on the word of a guy who knew a guy who shared a photo on Facebook."

Amazing how social media works sometimes, especially in Thailnd.

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

Yeah, right!

Now there are 2 options:

Did they

or

Really hard to decide!

Offering criticism of someone who has dumped people on the side of the road isn't bashing, Thai or taxi drivers or whatever. It's justifiable.

As has now finally come to light, the back packers were not dumped. But many members were all to quick to condemn Thai taxi drivers in general. That was not "justifiable" under the circumstances of not knowing all the details.

This story just gets more pathetic by the day. The BK post today says that these people asked to get out on the tollway because "they had to use the toilet, and because they had said they wanted to go to Sukhumvit 71, but the taxi driver insisted on taking them to Kao San road first, so they insisted on getting out. coffee1.gif