Foreign Tourists Allegedly Dumped on Tollway by Thai Taxi

Lite Beer

Yeah, right!

These guys were just merely walking out onto the tollway, by themselves...as it happens so many times, with tourists, with full luggage and a bay in tow!

This is a bit, like with the UFO- believers and the latest Mars- pics.

You see an object, that vaguely resembles something, for example : a lizard!

Now there are 2 options:

a) it is an actual lizard...on Mars!

b )it is a rock and the light and shadows make it look like a lizard.

Of course...you opt for a) because ....that makes absolutely no ' sense!

Here we have a couple of tourists, with luggage and a baby:

Did they

a) walk into traffic onto the tollway?

or

b )get kicked out by the taxi-driver (for whatever reason) in the middle of said tollway?

Really hard to decide!

Anybody with an open mind should have placed their bet on A.

The picture and the byline just didn't add up.

But the Thai bashers and taxi bashers seized the opportunity and jumped on the bandwagon, ignoring the obvious.

There really are lizards on Mars ....... aren't there ???

Offering criticism of someone who has dumped people on the side of the road isn't bashing, Thai or taxi drivers or whatever. It's justifiable.

As has now finally come to light, the back packers were not dumped. But many members were all to quick to condemn Thai taxi drivers in general. That was not "justifiable" under the circumstances of not knowing all the details.

None the less it is perfectly justifiable to condemn this sort of behaviour and is not just "bashing".

whistling.gif Update on this story ........

It now appears according to today's newspaper that it may have been the tourists who left the taxi because they didn't like the way the driver was driving........ they were not kicked out of the taxi by the driver.... they left the taxi voluntarily because they thought his driving was unsafe.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

UPDATE:

Legal action threatened over photo of family-not-dumped-by-taxi
By Coconuts Bangkok

farang_family_1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- One viral photo with a misleading caption has become a national police issue resulting in a lawsuit and possible criminal penalties for the person who first shared it.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/811471-legal-action-threatened-over-photo-of-family-not-dumped-by-taxi/

whistling.gif Update on this story ........

It now appears according to today's newspaper that it may have been the tourists who left the taxi because they didn't like the way the driver was driving........ they were not kicked out of the taxi by the driver.... they left the taxi voluntarily because they thought his driving was unsafe.

Aha....this is 3rd or 4th version, now!

I recall these 3:

- they got kicked out by a taxi-driver

- they requested to walk on foot, after a van stopped at the tollway for a toilet- break

- they were getting out of the taxi by themselves, because they didn't like the driving

But whatever you do, people...beware, because someone might sue you for defamation, so better shut it!

Oh...and according to the Transport Minister or someone with a big wig, it could not have been the taxi- driver's fault (I guess, a Thai would never do such a thing)!

...yeah....whatever!

Usually, at the end of the trip, if they don't wai and complement me on my perfect Thai, I just beat the holy crap out of them, and fart in their taxi.

But that's just me...

Thats below the belt and not necessary, why fart

Who took the photo? The driver? No way that could have been snapped from a passing vehicle.

If it was not the driver, then who?

All the chatter sounds like yet another litany of sorry Thai-style excuses.

A van full of people relieving themselves on the roadside?

I don't know about Thailand's freeway/toll-road rules, but in many Western countries stopping like that is a big no-no.