Facebook spats lead to killing

Thaivisa News

Trang:- Quarrels happening on Facebook walls between two teenage girls prompted one of them to allegedly shoot and fatally injure the other Friday evening, police said.

Pol Lt Suwit Suwannarat, a police officer on duty of Yan Ta Khao police station, said Noi, whose real name was withheld, 18, died at the Yan Ta Khao district hospital after she was shot once on the right side of her chest. The bullet pierced through her back.

Suwit was alerted of the shooting at 8 pm Friday. He rushed to the hospital and found many relatives of Noi crying in front of the emergency room of the hospital.

Yan Ta Khao police chief Bancha Meeboon said Noi was a rubber tapper and she was staying with her mother.

Bancha said Noi liked to connect to her friends via the Facebook network but she often exchanged criticisms with Chome, not real name, 17, a student of a well-known secondary school in Yan Ta Khao district.

Following long-time Facebook rows, the two decided to meet in person to iron out the differences. They decided to meet at one of their friends’ house on Thongsiri Road behind the Yan Ta Khao Market.

According to witnesses, Noi jumped on Chome upon seeing her and hit her with a one-inch-wide PVC pipe.

Chome became angry and pulled out her .38 revolver and fired once at Noi but it didn’t fire. She fired again and this time the bullet hit Noi’s chest, sending her down.

Chome fled the scene on a motorcycle ridden by her boyfriend.

Bancha said police are now launching a manhunt for Chome.

This happened in Trang. Thais tell me Southerners are extremely hot-tempered and quick to resort to angry violence. This is not my view, but the stereotype of Southerners in the eyes of other Thais.

I ask you, is there any truth in this?

Pulled out 'her' 38. Not 'a'.

You see my point, it's as though all girls have a gun stashed away.

I can't make my mid up whether or not this is a min OK Coral or an 18th century duel. You would have thought they would have agreed similar weapons at least, before they met.

Ahhh Facebook

The Glue that holds thailand together

Wonder what would happen if they banned it like China does

Speaking of, i wonder how the chinese would get around without thier phones...

Thank you Internet--The cause and solution to all of lifes problems--just like Alcohol! wai2.gif

Pulled out 'her' 38. Not 'a'.

You see my point, it's as though all girls have a gun stashed away.

I can't make my mid up whether or not this is a min OK Coral or an 18th century duel. You would have thought they would have agreed similar weapons at least, before they met.

Hand bags at dawn .

This happened in Trang. Thais tell me Southerners are extremely hot-tempered and quick to resort to angry violence. This is not my view, but the stereotype of Southerners in the eyes of other Thais.

Interesting question. I am married to a southerner and good god, her and hers have a temper and a half. I have asked them about why they have this reputation and they admit they are quick to anger, but argue they will at least have it out to your face, unlike their 'wimpier' and 'sneakier' counterparts up north...

• Like 2

Southerners ? Extremely hot-tempered and quick to resort to angry violence ?

And the northerners, easterners, westerners...............................................................whistling.gif

Not anywhere as bad as the southerners. They kill everyday with bombs.

Anyone still doubt Darwin??

A 17 year old schoolgirl carrying a gun??

If those two represent the future of Thailand, Lord have mercy!!

It's not just Thailand, it's happening right around the world. A couple of years ago an Australian was out jogging in the USA. A group of teenagers were just driving around looking for someone to kill. The saw him, shot him and killed him......mission complete.

These types of crimes were virtually non existent when I was a lad, so what's changed ?

These days the blame lies with the parents and their parents, lack of upbringing, lack of displine, lack of due care. Simple as that.

It's happening right around the world. You only get out of children what you put into children. It's hard work.

Too many dead beat ignorant fools on this planet are breeding.

• Like 2

For what I know....here never a student killed dozens of its schoolmates with a shotgun...like in other "civilized" country.....

It's not just Thailand, it's happening right around the world. A couple of years ago an Australian was out jogging in the USA. A group of teenagers were just driving around looking for someone to kill. The saw him, shot him and killed him......mission complete.

These types of crimes were virtually non existent when I was a lad, so what's changed ?

These days the blame lies with the parents and their parents, lack of upbringing, lack of displine, lack of due care. Simple as that.

It's happening right around the world. You only get out of children what you put into children. It's hard work.

For once someone is speaking the truth and you are spot on about the breeding, maybe one day they will need to be licensed to have children. No, not these particular crimes but there were many others that saw the desire of someone to harm another increase as the years progressed. It may be said that we never had the news sources that we have to day, much more publicised.

ND i want you to consider one thing here.. when you were a lad (even when I was one) news coverage was not as all encompassing as now. When I was young there were stabbings too and stuff like that.. now news is just far easier to get. Internet made a difference.

The rich get richer, and the poor get children.

RIP Noi, I hope that her family and friends have a loving group of people supporting them at this tragic time.

There is nothing that saddens me more than to see youngsters die in the bloom of their life, when the future is just opening its arms to them for the first time. I also feel that the inpersonal nature of words on a computer screen, does allow for conflict between strangers to spiral, and that in many cases if the two people had met socially in a restaurant or something, they might have had a great time and become friends for life.

I can only pray that many young people will read this tragic news story, and take great care in social networking. If enough people read the story and see how pointless it is to fight anyone, especially complete strangers on the Net, maybe lives will be saved in the future and this terrible incident will have had at least some positive effects.

• Like 1

My theory backed by the 60 plus years living on this godforsaken planet, it started to become pear shaped in the late seventies / early eighties when the new breed of educator took over and started changing a perfectly good teaching system. Add to that, they also began to brainwash the kids into believing hat they had a right to question and report their parents on any issue they wished thus eroding respect. Following on from that was kowtowing politicians who brought about everything being politically correct.

• Like 1

Ahhh Facebook

The Glue that holds thailand together

Wonder what would happen if they banned it like China does

Speaking of, i wonder how the chinese would get around without thier phones...

Thank you Internet--The cause and solution to all of lifes problems--just like Alcohol! wai2.gif

'Tis better to err on the side of freedom

Than err on the side of the...*#%ing Chinese government

Well that's Facebook for you, it was only a matter of time, they agreed to meet and iron out their differences, yet one turns up with a gun, oh well that's the end of what young lives they have left, once they are caught, and the boyfriend is going to say, I did not know she had a gun, I thought she just wanted to meet her friend, and the girlfriend will say, my boyfriend gave me the gun, and told me to shoot her, or something like that, I hate Facebook

My theory backed by the 60 plus years living on this godforsaken planet, it started to become pear shaped in the late seventies / early eighties when the new breed of educator took over and started changing a perfectly good teaching system. Add to that, they also began to brainwash the kids into believing hat they had a right to question and report their parents on any issue they wished thus eroding respect. Following on from that was kowtowing politicians who brought about everything being politically correct.

And too many do gooders moaning about human rights, this world is nearing its cycle