Lottery vendors threaten to rally in Bangkok

Lite Beer

^^^^ 2 above

That's not true.

I've won multi last 2 and last 3 numbers.

On one occasion I collected 80,00 baht on a ticket at the Government Lottery Office.

All done with only having to present the ticket and my Passport.

Yeap, farangs can win and collect just like Thais....Thais show the winning ticket and Thai ID card to collect...farangs must show the winning ticket and passport to collect.

Dear lottery-vendors.

Maybe it is time to get a real job??

Most of the vendors are able bodied people between 25 and 45!!

I was under the impression that it was illegal to gamble in Thailand and I am pretty sure a lottery is a form of gambling. I know I'm just beatdeadhorse.gif

Dear lottery-vendors.

I was under the impression that it was illegal to gamble in Thailand and I am pretty sure a lottery is a form of gambling. I know I'm just beatdeadhorse.gif

That is why there is a specific Act covering the Government Lottery. Similarly there is legislation regarding the 3-number lottery and tote betting at racecourses. So, no, the official government lottery is not illegal.

This is really aimed at hurting the higher ups that run this street lottery, no doubt.

Indeed, certain "wholesalers" of tickets receive x-million tickets from the GLO each draw and these are immediately resold to middlemen at a profit of 3 to 4 Baht per ticket. They don't even touch the tickets. It is a stipend for life. By putting this online, it may take away a huge chunk of this income.

Dear lottery-vendors.

That is why there is a specific Act covering the Government Lottery. Similarly there is legislation regarding the 3-number lottery and tote betting at racecourses. So, no, the official government lottery is not illegal.

Plus, when governments make profit from lotteries it's legal; if they don't, it's illegal.w00t.gif

Like Briggsy said, it's legal because The Lottery Act of 2517 (1974) makes it legal. This law allows the govt to manage and profit from the lottery...just call it another form of tax revenue that people willingly pay over and over.

Edited by Pib

This is really aimed at hurting the higher ups that run this street lottery, no doubt.

Indeed, certain "wholesalers" of tickets receive x-million tickets from the GLO each draw and these are immediately resold to middlemen at a profit of 3 to 4 Baht per ticket. They don't even touch the tickets. It is a stipend for life. By putting this online, it may take away a huge chunk of this income.

Yes. I have a feeling it's political.

Removing funding from political opponents.